Home

I Just Had A Great Idea

This is a discussion on I Just Had A Great Idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
I Just Had A Great Idea

For all the people who buy this game every year making the threat that if it isn't exactly what they expect they ar enever buying it again, do us all a huge favor and don't buy it and attempt to create your own video game since you seem to be such an expert.

It has become so annoying and immature to come on these boards and read people complaining about every little thing in this game. It is a video game, it will never be perfect. Nothing in this world is perfect (except maybe Marissa Miller and Allesandra Ambrosio). Even if Ian and all the Madden developers somehow managed to fix every little thing the way you guys want it, you would still find something that you wouldn't like and the bitching would start all over again.

The problem is that a bunch of people are chronic complainers and never satisfied with anything in life. Instead of saying how much EA sucks and how much the Madden developers lied about this and that, maybe you should take the time to sit back and see how much work was put into this and every video game. These guys spend countless hours creating these games, spending time away from their families, trying to create somehting fun and entertaining. Personally i am more than satisfied with madden every year because whether or not it is perfect I still can get enjoyment out of taking my favorite team and playing season after season trying to win a superbowl. So what if player ratings aren't perfect, or the progression system isn't amazing. Why dwell on the fact that when pro-tak isn't initiated you can't join in on a tackle (whihc by the way is a false statement because I have been playing for a week now and have laid some mean hits on guys being "bear hugged" and attempting to get a few extra yards).

I know this is long but I just get annoyed coming on here and looking for information about certain things or trying to get a queation answered and every time I do, the thread always turns into some sort of bashin session on the developers. Do us all a favor and stop coming on these boards if you don't want to help. Make a suggestion or ask if something can be done differently in the future. Offer up your opinion or possibly convey an idea of how they might approach certain aspects of the game next year. Stop being complete a-holes and just cursing the names f these guys that worked their asses of and continue to do so even after release.

Personally I love this Madden (I have loved every Madden). Thanks Ian and all the developers that worked on this game. Thanks for taking so much time in working on presentation, gameplay, the tackling system and so many other aspects. I haven't gotten to sit down for longer than 2 hours to really play but from the time I have put in so far I have had nothing but sheer enjoyment come from this game. I have been playing Madden for years and consider myself a pretty hardcore Madden gamer and I can honestly say that I have had my jaw drop multiple times during games from some of the new animations and innovations added to this game. Keep up the good work and I look forward to all future projects from you guys.

Chris
PSN: Spanky2325
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: I Just Had A Great Idea

I'd hate to see your dumb ideas.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Rookie

ClemsonTiger81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I'd hate to see your dumb ideas.
C'mon man. The guy does have a point. I think people rent/buy this game sometimes just so they can have a neagtive opinion on it and trash it on the forums. Or they lie about it, but see, then if you asked them specific situations they would have no idead what you are talking about, so better to at least have played it. I do not care what anybody writes, its their write to do so, but some of the nit-picking has got to go. There will never be a perfect football game, but this years' is as good as we have ever seen from EA.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger81
C'mon man. The guy does have a point. I think people rent/buy this game sometimes just so they can have a neagtive opinion on it and trash it on the forums. Or they lie about it, but see, then if you asked them specific situations they would have no idead what you are talking about, so better to at least have played it. I do not care what anybody writes, its their write to do so, but some of the nit-picking has got to go. There will never be a perfect football game, but this years' is as good as we have ever seen from EA.
Completely agree with what you are saying...and I could care less about the previous comment. I said what I had to said. It is my opinion, not everyone has to agree with it. Just wish thee was more constructive criticism on these posts rather than all out bashing
Old 08-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

He's a fan boy. I don't think fan boy's should be allowed to bitch about others complaining on madden. Because you said you buy every madden and you love them all shows me that you know nothing about the game. Even the die hard fan boys complained about 09 and said it was horrible. I agree that Ian will make changes and he's done a great job thus far. It's a work in progress that will definitely show in M11. There's no excuses for the pass blocking which to me changes the elements of the game.

I hope I don't offend you and I don't mean to sound rude. I don't think you should worry about others and focus on what you like best about M10. You should change the subject of the thread to "review and ideas" instead of "I just had a great idea" and then flame those who give opinions about the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
Rookie

I wouldn't call myself a fan boy and I am not insulted, like I said everyone is entitled to their opinion. I agree that there are issues, I just think that there is not enough constructive criticism and too much altogether bashing. I like when people have a good idea and convey in a helpful manner rather than just saying, this game sucks there is no hope.

I used to develop video games for awhile and I know how to appreciate them in my own way even if they are not perfect. That is all I am saying. I know there are problems, sometimes the run blocking and pass blocking are horrible, but I have tweaked sliders and had a much better experience because of it. All I am saying (as a former developer and not a "fan boy) is that people need to be more helpful in what they want done instead of just saying "2k5 is the best game ever, make Madden liek that or else it sucks no matter what"

But like I said this is just my opinion. Some of the posts on here are great and I like to read about the ideas that people have for the progression system and online franchise. I just hate when those threads get debunked by people who hate on the game and don't provide any substantial input
Old 08-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky23
For all the people who buy this game every year making the threat that if it isn't exactly what they expect they ar enever buying it again, do us all a huge favor and don't buy it and attempt to create your own video game since you seem to be such an expert.

It has become so annoying and immature to come on these boards and read people complaining about every little thing in this game. It is a video game, it will never be perfect. Nothing in this world is perfect (except maybe Marissa Miller and Allesandra Ambrosio). Even if Ian and all the Madden developers somehow managed to fix every little thing the way you guys want it, you would still find something that you wouldn't like and the bitching would start all over again.

The problem is that a bunch of people are chronic complainers and never satisfied with anything in life. Instead of saying how much EA sucks and how much the Madden developers lied about this and that, maybe you should take the time to sit back and see how much work was put into this and every video game. These guys spend countless hours creating these games, spending time away from their families, trying to create somehting fun and entertaining. Personally i am more than satisfied with madden every year because whether or not it is perfect I still can get enjoyment out of taking my favorite team and playing season after season trying to win a superbowl. So what if player ratings aren't perfect, or the progression system isn't amazing. Why dwell on the fact that when pro-tak isn't initiated you can't join in on a tackle (whihc by the way is a false statement because I have been playing for a week now and have laid some mean hits on guys being "bear hugged" and attempting to get a few extra yards).

I know this is long but I just get annoyed coming on here and looking for information about certain things or trying to get a queation answered and every time I do, the thread always turns into some sort of bashin session on the developers. Do us all a favor and stop coming on these boards if you don't want to help. Make a suggestion or ask if something can be done differently in the future. Offer up your opinion or possibly convey an idea of how they might approach certain aspects of the game next year. Stop being complete a-holes and just cursing the names f these guys that worked their asses of and continue to do so even after release.

Personally I love this Madden (I have loved every Madden). Thanks Ian and all the developers that worked on this game. Thanks for taking so much time in working on presentation, gameplay, the tackling system and so many other aspects. I haven't gotten to sit down for longer than 2 hours to really play but from the time I have put in so far I have had nothing but sheer enjoyment come from this game. I have been playing Madden for years and consider myself a pretty hardcore Madden gamer and I can honestly say that I have had my jaw drop multiple times during games from some of the new animations and innovations added to this game. Keep up the good work and I look forward to all future projects from you guys.

Chris
PSN: Spanky2325
If other people compliants bother you this much. JUST STOP COMING HERE! Problem solved carry on.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

we as consumers should have the right to complain ESPECIALLY when how corrupt this business is and we as the consumer have to support a monopoly or have nothing at all. The past 5 years Madden has not improved at all gameplay wise. I still haven't gotten 2010, so I can't speak of that one just yet. But to tell us that we shouldn't complain is just ridiculous.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »