Home

Greatest comeback ever (for me at least)

This is a discussion on Greatest comeback ever (for me at least) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Greatest comeback ever (for me at least)

Hey ya'll. Just started week one in my Cleveland franchise and won a overtime thriller against the Vikings 30-36. There was hardly any scoring in the first half. I was held to a 35 yard field goal by Dawson in the 1st.They're only score came on a Jackson TD pass to Shiancoe. The drive was set up by a 70 yard run by AP and capped it off with a 15 yard face penatly. So at the end of one it was 7-3 Vikings. I played great D in the 2nd shutting them out. I got a 30 yard FG by Dawson and a 37 yard bomb from BQ to Edwards to go up 13-7 to end halftime. In the 3rd Dawson kicked another FG to go up 16-7. A comfortable lead I thought. The Vikings rallied back on a 1 yard AP TD run to cut the lead 16-14 after 3. Now the 4th quarter is where it gets interesting.

There was no scoring until about the 6 minute mark in the 4th. I had all the momentum. I punted the ball inside their 7 yardline. They got hit with a holding to put the ball at the 3. So I figured I'd stop em and run out the clock to win the game. WRONG!!! On 3rd down the do a toss play to the left with AP breaks about 5 or 6 tackles and is off to the races. Gone. 97 yard TD run AP. I was shell shocked. On my next drive I almost broke my controller. I was facing 3rd and inches at midfield and did a fullback dive with vickers. He fumbled and the "fight for fumble" thing came on. The yellow bar was on my side the whole time and yet they got the fumble!!!! I was soo pissed that I super simmed and they scored again on a Taylor 24 yard TD run and got the 2 point conversion with 2:18 left to play. So at this point all hope is lost now for me. I find myself down 30-16 with 2 minutes to play. So I thought what the hell might as well play it out.

Very next drive BQ has a great drive leading the team downfield and throws a 8 yard td pass to David Patten to put the score 30-23 with 58 seconds left to play. I still had all 3 TOs left so I just kicked it away. I pinned them inside their 20. On the 2nd play of the drive AP fumbles and I get the ball back with about 37 seconds left to play inside their 20. With 20 seconds left, BQ finds Patten in the corner of the endzone and the game is tied!!!! I was like OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

In OT they get the ball first. On their first drive they were facing like a 3rd 5. They get about a 40 yard pass play to put the ball at my 40. I was like oh no!!! I stopped AP on the 1st play and on 2nd down Jackson steps back to throw and I pick it off with Hood and go all the way to score!!! Pick 6 game over!!! I couldn't believe it I was soo pumped. Without a doubt the best comeback I ever had!!!! Here are some of the stats:

Quinn: 23 / 42 311 yards 3 TD 2 INT
Jackson: 11 / 21 188 yards 1 TD 1 INT
AP: 25 att 177 yrds 2 TD, 1 catch for 33 yrds
Lewis: 25 att 99 yrds
Robiskie: 6 rec 88 yrds
Harrison: 6 rec 95 yrds
Edwards: 3 rec 54 yrds 1 TD
Patten 2 rec 13 yards 2 TD
Wade: 3 rec 49 yards
Shiancoe: 3 rec 48 yrds 1 TD
Harvin: 2 rec 34 yrds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 03:06 AM   #2
Rookie

SharksG's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Greatest comeback ever (for me at least)

Awesome game!

I was playing last night against a friend. Since we both like the Cowboys, to make it fair we both just clicked random team 3 times. Texans (me) vs. Dolphins (other guy). It started off pretty even only 7-7 after the 1st, but then I threw a pick which later turned into a touchdown, and he forced me to punt next possession. 21-7 after the half. I just couldn't stop his offense!

I get the ball at the beginning of the 3rd. Get 7 off of that drive. 14-21. We get into a defensive battle until about halfway through the 4th. I get a pick and get 7 out of it. 21-21. He gets the ball and just drives down the field like it's nothing. My perfect defense was falling apart! 3rd and only a few yards for the win he runs it to the outside, dives, and fumbles on the 1 yard line that I recover. I eventually drive down the field and get a field goal with only 2 seconds left on the clock. Texans win 24-21. No score for Miami after the 1st half.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:35 AM   #3
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Just had a great comeback against a terrible cheeser.

Falcons (him) vs Giants (me)

He gets the ball first, all hurry up (not too cheesey, but eh) and going on several 4th downs. Puts it in, up 7-0. Next drive I march right down the field to even it up. 7-7.

Now I guess he realizes I'm a decent player. Let the cheese begin. Turner at FB, he FB dives a few times on he drive. Also sets up HB screens with Norwood at QB, then scrambles outside of the pocket and uses the blocking for the screen to run all over the place. Gets a long touchdown run this way.

I get the ball back, and Jacobs runs all over him. He is in cover 3 all drive with show blitz. I'm all over it and he stands no chance. Score easily, 14-14 with 30 seconds left in the half. He then tries several bombs, gets hit by Tuck and it falls into Osi's lap with a clear route to the endzone...but he drops it. oh well.

He kicks off to me, I bring it out to the 30. Two big runs put me around midfield. I can sense him blitzing, so I audible into WR screen. Smith catches it and theres nothing but open field for him. His corner catches up and strips me...picks it up and returns it for a TD. I was beside myself.

Kicks off to me again...and Bradshaw fumbles around the 20! I was holding the RB down the entire time as well, fearing another fumble. Then runs FB dive with Turner until I stack the line, then he takes Norwood as QB and runs out of the pocket as I blitz. Touchdown. 28-14 him. 2 min left in the third.

Next drive I'm pressingn a bit, but throwing the ball well. I get into the redzone and I throw a pick. UGH. Is running the same cheesey FB dive with Turner, while throwing in some wildcat with Norwood. Got him on a fourth and long, but he went for it and sprinted backwards as I blitzed and completed a first down pass to Gonzalez. At this point, I concede defeat. Can't deal with the cheese. He declines. No surprise.

So I say wtf, and call engage 8 show blitz. Osi blitzes through the line as he pitches it and Osi catches the pitch! Brings it all the way back for a TD. SOOOOOOOOO pumped.

I kick back off to him and he drives down with the same old cheese. Stop him for 4th and one on the 39, and he goes into punt formation...IM NOT BUYING IT, not from this cheeser. I go into the 46 blitz strong. He fakes punt run and is STUFFED. Got the ball back with 2:30 and one timeout. No sweat. Drive right down for the TD with about 10 seconds left. Debate going for two to go for the win, but I kick.

Win the toss in OT, he goes to onside kick (knowing full well that he can't defend me). He gets the ball back and no flag, but it looked short. Turns out the end up calling the illegal procedure despite not seeing the yellow flag bar...whew. Run it down his throat with Jacobs and kick a game winning field goal.

I was just a tad excited.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:05 AM   #4
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

All I can say is...WOW!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 08-14-2009, 04:51 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

Up 20 - 3 against the Pats on all Madden. I missed a gamewinning 30 yard field goal as time expired. And missed 2 more in overtime.

Pats ended up winning 33-27.

Pretty epic comeback. I was the Colts.

And I didn't feel cheated. I had every chance to win the game. And I was passing up and down on the colts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Just had a great comeback against a terrible cheeser.

Falcons (him) vs Giants (me)

He gets the ball first, all hurry up (not too cheesey, but eh) and going on several 4th downs. Puts it in, up 7-0. Next drive I march right down the field to even it up. 7-7.

Now I guess he realizes I'm a decent player. Let the cheese begin. Turner at FB, he FB dives a few times on he drive. Also sets up HB screens with Norwood at QB, then scrambles outside of the pocket and uses the blocking for the screen to run all over the place. Gets a long touchdown run this way.

I get the ball back, and Jacobs runs all over him. He is in cover 3 all drive with show blitz. I'm all over it and he stands no chance. Score easily, 14-14 with 30 seconds left in the half. He then tries several bombs, gets hit by Tuck and it falls into Osi's lap with a clear route to the endzone...but he drops it. oh well.

He kicks off to me, I bring it out to the 30. Two big runs put me around midfield. I can sense him blitzing, so I audible into WR screen. Smith catches it and theres nothing but open field for him. His corner catches up and strips me...picks it up and returns it for a TD. I was beside myself.

Kicks off to me again...and Bradshaw fumbles around the 20! I was holding the RB down the entire time as well, fearing another fumble. Then runs FB dive with Turner until I stack the line, then he takes Norwood as QB and runs out of the pocket as I blitz. Touchdown. 28-14 him. 2 min left in the third.

Next drive I'm pressingn a bit, but throwing the ball well. I get into the redzone and I throw a pick. UGH. Is running the same cheesey FB dive with Turner, while throwing in some wildcat with Norwood. Got him on a fourth and long, but he went for it and sprinted backwards as I blitzed and completed a first down pass to Gonzalez. At this point, I concede defeat. Can't deal with the cheese. He declines. No surprise.

So I say wtf, and call engage 8 show blitz. Osi blitzes through the line as he pitches it and Osi catches the pitch! Brings it all the way back for a TD. SOOOOOOOOO pumped.

I kick back off to him and he drives down with the same old cheese. Stop him for 4th and one on the 39, and he goes into punt formation...IM NOT BUYING IT, not from this cheeser. I go into the 46 blitz strong. He fakes punt run and is STUFFED. Got the ball back with 2:30 and one timeout. No sweat. Drive right down for the TD with about 10 seconds left. Debate going for two to go for the win, but I kick.

Win the toss in OT, he goes to onside kick (knowing full well that he can't defend me). He gets the ball back and no flag, but it looked short. Turns out the end up calling the illegal procedure despite not seeing the yellow flag bar...whew. Run it down his throat with Jacobs and kick a game winning field goal.

I was just a tad excited.
Sounds like cheese and luck kept him in the game but I am glad you won. I seriously cannot stand people who play like that. NFL rules people!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was playing as the Saints against the Chargers. The game started out with me kicking him the ball. He was driving down the field just fine, when he threw a pick straight to my guy. I end up scoring a touchdown the very next play with a Reggie Bush 56 yard TD. I kick off to him and he scores a touchdown after a long drive that should have ended with a pick. Regardless, he kicks to me and I return the ball (forgot to put bush in for returned) to his 2 yard line. Another Reggie score and im up 14-7. he gets down to my 30 and the end of the first (game said he had all 7 minutes of the quarter lol.) anyways, he scores, tied 14-14. we both score again, and i get the ball back 2 timeouts and 1:10 left before the half. I score a FG to put myself up 24-21. I get the ball to start and go 3 n out after a -6 yard pitch play. he scores, so he is up 28-24. Not to worry, I though... unfortunatly at the start of the fourth, I did not convert the 4th down by mere inches, and he got the ball, in which he got a FG (which was rare, since he usually went for it on any fourth down, forgot to mention) so im down by 7. I take another drive down, but dont score again off a fourth and 7, my fault though. So at this point im down by 7 with 3:40 remaining. Just need a stop and im good right? well, this guy went for it on a 4th and 3... ON HIS 20! i had it stopped, until LT broke 3 tackles and took it 20 yards. after the 2 minute warning, he does a pitch play for 50 yards to put him up by 14 with 1:33 remaining (he should have just kneeled it). As hopeless as the situation had seemed, I stayed in the game. So with no timeouts, and 1:27 remaining, i had to take it 64 yards, get a TD, get the onside, and score again. Impossible right? I thought so. anyways, I take it down the field, and score off a Reggie TD with 16 seconds left. I kick the onside, and recover on my 39. 14 seconds left. I do a pass to my Circle reciever, where they go from the sideline diagnol, straight, the the other way diagnol. He is doing a cover 3 scenario, so I get the catch and out of bounds with 10 seconds left and a 21 yard gain. Same play next time, this time 31 yards, out of bounds, 4 seconds left, and i am on his 8 yard line. My heart is pounding at this time. It took my 25 seconds just to pick the play. I sent my guy to make the flat move over, and threw it to Reggie who just barely took it in for a TD. I debate going for 2, but decide better of it. to OT we go. he does not get the coinflip and I elect to receive. I take it to his 38, and decided to go for it on 4th and 4, seeing as I mess up this FG even the slightest bit, it misses. I barely miss it, and he get the ball back. he takes it to my 45, and on fourth and 10, he goes for it. well, he threw a nice pick to me, which I returned to his 10 yard line. Next play is a nice 'ol FG, and I win the game. He was pissssssed. anyways, final score was 41-38, saints. Thats is my best comeback ever... 14 points in 16 seconds, can't beat that. This was also an online game
Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

^^wow, you need paragraphs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »