Home

Playmaker Control???

This is a discussion on Playmaker Control??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Playmaker Control???

Sorry if this was posted but I noticed in the manual it says that there is "Playmaker" control by pulling the Left trigger (on 360) and moving the R stick in various directions. Anyone get this to work? L trigger is also the 'pitch ball' control so I can't seem to get this to work. Every time I try my runner just sort of fake pitches the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Playmaker Control???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheerun
Sorry if this was posted but I noticed in the manual it says that there is "Playmaker" control by pulling the Left trigger (on 360) and moving the R stick in various directions. Anyone get this to work? L trigger is also the 'pitch ball' control so I can't seem to get this to work. Every time I try my runner just sort of fake pitches the ball.
The playmaker control in the manual is refering to when you are the QB and are trying to get your closest receiver to make a change in his route running... With that said, I don't think it is working in the game.

You are correct about the L trigger being used on Offense to pitch the ball to a teamate, which seems to be working, although I have not been able to do it on Co-Op which is where I would want to use it the most... ie, making my own reverse plays... especially on kick offs and punts, it hasn't worked and it looked like there was such a possibility for custom plays while using it... oh well..
Old 08-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Playmaker Control???

Worked for me. Hold LT and use the right joystick to direct the nearest receiver. I actually haven't been able to get pitches to work myself, so I guess I'm having the opposite issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »