Home

Offline Franchise Q&A Blog

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise Q&A Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
Offline Franchise Q&A Blog

Please submit questions about offline franchise in this thread and I'll answer as many of them as I can in a blog next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Offline Franchise Q&A Blog

Coaching/GM Questions

- Do team finances matter?
- Do CPU teams value their Draft Picks more than before?
- Can we leave one franchise and take over another?? (i.e. be fired, quit, etc.)
- Can you fire/replace/promote a coach in mid-season?
- Will the game allow more then 52 players on the roster in preseason, thus forcing you to make cuts?
- Will there be position coaches in the game, that effect players performance - ie, Running Back coaches, Line Coaches, etc?
- Will there be customizable sub package similar to PS-2 version of the game?
- Have you removed the logic that forces you to have set number of players per position? Do I really need to have FB if I can use another RB or TE to fulfill multiple positions/roles?
- Has trade logic been improved? Will I still be able to trade for Matthew Stafford even though the lions just drafted him 1st overall and made him their franchise player?
- Does placing a player on Injured Reserve free up that player's roster spot
- Will team chemistry play a role?
- Will players be able to become coaches after their retirement?
- Can we Create-A-Coach?
- Will CPU teams trade with each other?

Contracts/Free Agency Questions

- Has the restricted free agent period been added back this year?
- Has there been more focus put on players wants to determine where he will sign?
- Is there player morale/holdouts?
- Will players not sign in order to test free agency?
- Since two-back systems are in vogue, will running backs split carries a la Carolina, Tennessee, etc.?
- Am i able to low-ball every free agent i want to sign and get him for the cheapest dollar amount? In past versions, you could start with a 5 year deal at 500k total, and just up it by 10k until they accepted. I want players to tell me to get the heck out of here if i low ball them, not allow me to find the cheapest way to sign them
- Can you front/back load contracts?
- Can you add incentives on contracts?

Progression Questions

- Can a DE be converted to OLB to play in the 3-4 or will he drop exponentially?
- Is there any type of training camp or mini camp during franchise?
- How often does progression take place and will season performance effect it? (yearly, quarterly, every game, etc.)
- Will a team's momentum or success play any part into progression, especially if it is game to game? For example, if a team is playing well and has won 10 games in a row, will everyone get some sort of boost?
- How much does potential matter vs. production for progressing players?
- Has anything been done to the logic to stop players from retiring too early?
- How do injuries affect a players ratings,future, etc

Draft Questions

- Can we trade future draft picks?
- How has draft presentation been updated?
- How many different draft classes are there?
- Will the skill of the GM/scouting team affect the accuracy of unlocked information?
- In these draft classes, how many extra undrafted players will there be on average?
- I know the order of draft classes will be random, but will the player's information also be random (i.e. name and college, possibly even height, weight, skin color, etc)?
- Will we be able to edit draft classes before the draft actual starts?

Scouting

- How will the scouting process work for rookies pre-draft and how is it different from the last few iterations of Madden or similar to HC?
- For scouting players for the draft will there be information for us about what scheme or type of player the player is.(example DT is he more of a 1 gap or 2 gap DT. DE is he better for the 3-4 end or pass rusher?

General

- Has anything been removed from Franchise Mode?
- Dynamic attendance - is it in or out?
- Is there a noticeable difference between regular season and playoff games?
- Can we start our franchise before the draft?

Stadium Questions

- Will we be able to renovate or rebuild a team's stadium without having to relocate?
- When upgrading your stadium in franchise mode, will you be able to SEE (new Jumbotron, extractable roof, etc.) or feel the effects of your additions???

Scheduling Questions

- Has anything been done to fix the scheduling logic? Will we still see teams with 4 straight Monday night games or open the season with a 6-game road trip?
- Has the ability the select our preseason opponents made it back in. If not, will I still see the situation where divisional opponents play each other in the preseason?
- Is the annual International Game depicted in the game or will New England simply play a road game in Tampa in year 1?

some questions may have been answered but we prefer "Official" answers from the real person responsible i.e. You

DISCLAIMER-These questions are comprised of many of the questions seen on the following pages. I am not the original poser of all these questions. Nor is every question on the following pages represented here.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 06-17-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
Please submit questions about offline franchise in this thread and I'll answer as many of them as I can in a blog next week.
has there been more focus put on players wants to determine where he will sign? example ncaa style
Old 06-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

• Progression (How much does potential matter vs. production?) Can you elaborate on the progression system? Will we be able to take James Davis or Brady Quinn and make them into 88-94 rated players? Or better yet, some of the 38-40 rated players.
  • Does the draft have a personality this year?
  • Do CPU teams value their Draft Picks more than before?
  • Is there player morale/holdouts?
  • Is it harder to sign Free Agents?
  • Is the Pro Bowl the week before the Super Bowl?
  • Can we upload our offline franchise stats onto the online franchise website to share with friends?
  • Can you fire a coach in mid-season?
  • Do coaches matter?
  • Is scouting similar to recruiting in NCAA? How is it different?
  • Dynamic attendance - is it in or out?
  • Is there a noticeable difference in between regular season and playoff games?
  • Has anything been removed from Franchise Mode? (Pointless stadium upgrades, etc.)
  • Have all free agency bugs been eradicated? (Madden 08 ran out of Free Agents and killed Franchises everywhere).
  • What is your favorite part of Franchise Mode in Madden 10?

Last edited by marktg30; 06-12-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Can you elaborate on the progression system? Will we be able to take James Davis or Brady Quinn and make them into 88-94 rated players?

Or better yet, some of the 38-40 rated players.

hasnt this been answered? it depends on potential rating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Schreck11's Arena

OVR: 16

Is there any type of training camp or mini camp during franchise?
Minnesota Gophers
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 06-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck11
Is there any type of training camp or mini camp during franchise.
+1
Old 06-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

Let me premise this by saying i love Head Coach.

How will the scouting process work for rookies pre-draft and how is it different from the last few iterations of Madden or similar to HC?

In detail please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »