Home

Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

This is a discussion on Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

I know a few people have tossed around ideas on a way to have some house rules for contracts and salary cap but I think it's important enough to have it's own thread. Maybe we can brainstorm a bit and share some ideas and come up with an easy still realistic way to get it done on our own.

We need a way to be able to have contracts and salary cap so you have superstars moving in the offseason and more GM responsibilities.

Now here's my idea:
I am pretty sure the offline franchise will have a salary cap and contracts so maybe the commish could run an offline dynasty from his own xbox to set player prices, contract lengths etc. Obviously, it's be tough to mirror, with different injuries and rookie classes, but the offline dynasty could provide solid building blocks to form the rest of the market and have some basic figures for the vast majority of players. When a move is made, the commish goes into his offline dynasty and makes the changes, and keeps a forum/website updated with pricing, contracts, and contract lengths.

Can anyone else provide any useful ideas for the idea aboev or their own ideas? Let's brainstorm as a community and come up with something great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

What we implimented in a Madden 06 franchise (because the salary cap allowed you to sign anyone you wanted)

Every year you MUST cut, either 1 90+ player under 31, or 2 80+ players under 31.
Every year you must cut 3-4 players over the age of 33. If they are still available at the end of free agency, you can pick them back up.

Now who actually gets picked up, and to what team, thats a whole nother story.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Ideas for Self-implementation of a Salary cap and contracts for Online Franchise

So far we have two ideas were kicking around.

1) Make a team page for each team that is in our OF and set our own marketvalue for each player. The length of the contract will be determined by there current contract. The problem with this is that it is going take some time to set-up. Then we would make our own cap like 75M to 100M. Re-Signing players is something we have not discussed so not sure what we would do there yet. Basically the team page would have the contract info for each current player. Another point is we are not sure how the CPU teams would play into this situation yet.

2) The second option we are kicking around is giving every team "free agent" money. Each team would have to randomly have X amount of free agents depending on how good they did in the season. The Super Bowl winner would have the most free agents for example. We would place all the player numbers in a hat and then draw out X number of them and they would all be free agents. This means they could get lucky and have no good free agents or get some bad luck and have some really good free agents. The free agent dollars would be determined by how everybody finished the season. The team that finished the worst would have the most money to spend.

Option two would be easier to do but I think we are going to do option 1. Regardless of which one we do I think we would have plenty of time to implement it.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ian has done said that after the game released. Him and his crew was planning on trying to add the salary cap adn contract aspect of it on the web later on. Please try reading on it before posting a thread like this please.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the salary cap should be done on a sliding scale, QB's rated 99-95 should be (making up numbers) 10 million, 94-89 ovr should be 9.25 million, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Ian has done said that after the game released. Him and his crew was planning on trying to add the salary cap adn contract aspect of it on the web later on. Please try reading on it before posting a thread like this please.
Regardless of what Ian has "done said", he by no means guaranteed a patch to add both or a time frame. In the meantime, many leagues will already be underway and will be looking for rules. I host a 32 man league that will be starting the first or second week or release. We aren't going to delay our start while waiting on a patch that may never come.

Please try thinking before assuming you know it all and that I haven't done my homework.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldStandard
I think the salary cap should be done on a sliding scale, QB's rated 99-95 should be (making up numbers) 10 million, 94-89 ovr should be 9.25 million, etc.
That's a good idea too. To take it s step further, one could even go through the real NFL salaries and take averages for top 5 and then assign the ranges to the franchise negotiating. It would be similar to the way the Franchise tag works in the NFL, only could apply to every player by assigning worth by ratings and using real NFL avg salaries to decide the worth.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

people need to learn how to read before posting these threads

Ian has said that they are working on the salary cap and contract issues as we speak and that they wont need to patch anything because it's server based.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »