Home

Cutscreens being blocked!!!!

This is a discussion on Cutscreens being blocked!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Cutscreens being blocked!!!!

I hope Ian and the development team is still looking at these threads. One thing that is really killing me with the presentation is the blocking of the cutscreens with the play-calling screen. I'm really feeling what Ian had done, but this is like a eye-sore when it comes to the immersion. I dont know if its the users trying to rush threw or not, but i hope this can be fixed up or tweaked before release. Maybe Ian can have the playscreens wait until after the cutscreen is done or have it like 2k5 did with the action in the upper corner in a smaller screen, while the playscreens are picked. I love what the madden team has done, and i'm a 2k fan for life, i give him his props. Please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Cutscreens being blocked!!!!

I'd prefer they just make the playcall screen come up after the cutscene is done, and if you want to speed up skipping and the scene and going straight to the playcall screen, you would just press 'A'. This in my view would be the best route to go.

Next year, I wanna see some custom options for stuff like this. It's not awful in its current state, but it sucks to see all that hard work they obviously put into this be obstructed even a little bit by a playcall screen that comes up too quickly during cutscenes.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'd prefer they just make the playcall screen come up after the cutscene is done, and if you want to speed up skipping and the scene and going straight to the playcall screen, you would just press 'A'. This in my view would be the best route to go.

Next year, I wanna see some custom options for stuff like this. It's not awful in its current state, but it sucks to see all that hard work they obviously put into this be obstructed even a little bit by a playcall screen that comes up too quickly during cutscenes.
I feel u on this, because i be trying to see the cutscreens and then the playcalling screen comes up and blocks everything. Its not even transparent, so u cant even see threw it. They need to slow it down, or have it in a smaller "PIP".
Old 06-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'd prefer they just make the playcall screen come up after the cutscene is done, and if you want to speed up skipping and the scene and going straight to the playcall screen, you would just press 'A'.
\

I usually hate it when people say "this" after quoting someone, but what the heck.

This.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
DickDalewood

OVR:

Well, if the game is following "real time", then the play clock starts when the previous play ends, or, at the start of the cutscene. Given that, then it only makes sense to have to playcall screen immediately pop up so we can start selecting our play.

I like it. It streamlines the experience for one, and it also just makes more sense, based on how the clock should technically be working. Besides, if it didn't do this, everyone would eventually be skipping all the scenes... this we, we still have to see them regardless.

Makes me think... Does an NFL head coach get pissed when his play book pops up in front of his face between plays and he has to miss the "cut scenes"?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree 100%. You don't pay as much attention at the cutscene if half of the screen is blocked. Also, I noticed some of the cutscenes should last a bit longer. For example when the fans are seen entering the stadium, it barely lasts 2 seconds.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

This is 1 of my complaints along with the bad post play camera. Some of the presentation decisions really made me shake my head. EA needs to stop catering to these button mashers with tiny attention spans. Let us get immersed in the game if we want. Don't force us to play a stream lined game. It's been like that for far too long.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Well, if the game is following "real time", then the play clock starts when the previous play ends, or, at the start of the cutscene. Given that, then it only makes sense to have to playcall screen immediately pop up so we can start selecting our play.
The problem there though, is that this doesn't exactly line up with a TV broadcast. For example, when a big sack is made in real life, the entire scene is played out. It's not like the sack is made and then you suddenly see everyone huddle, lol. On TV, you see the sack and you see the celebration play out entirely. The playclock is running the whole time there in real life. So there is plenty of time between plays in real life for it, and that should also happen in Madden.

The only reason Madden is not like that right now, I would think, is because they have to cater to impatient folks. But, if you have a skip option that allows you to see the scene in its entirety without obstruction if you want, then this little nagging issue would be solved.

Quote:
I like it. It streamlines the experience for one, and it also just makes more sense, based on how the clock should technically be working. Besides, if it didn't do this, everyone would eventually be skipping all the scenes... this we, we still have to see them regardless.
Streamlining is how we got into problems in the first place, but that's neither here nor there now.

Everyone wouldn't skip them. Only the people who aren't interested. I know myself, I still watch practically everything in 2K5 and I've been playing that since 2004. It just depends on what you prefer.

Quote:
Makes me think... Does an NFL head coach get pissed when his play book pops up in front of his face between plays and he has to miss the "cut scenes"?
LOL.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 06-06-2009 at 09:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »