Home

2k player that is converting!

This is a discussion on 2k player that is converting! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
2k player that is converting!

I have been a lifetime 2k football player but due to the contract I may have to convert to Madden. But I wouldn't do this unless I really saw the people at EA tryin to make a great football game. This year I see Ian and the staff doin that. I do have a short list of things that are inexcusable and should have been in the Madden series. And when I see this I will buy EA products.

1. Presentation- Borrow from ESPN 2k5. Pre-game, Halftime, and Post game show. And a weekly wrap up with highlights from around the league. There is no excuse for a game made in 2005 to have this and a game in 2010 not. And loads of cutscenes to set up situations.

2. Active sideline like APF 2k8. Players, coaches, cheerleaders, cameramen, photographers, sound men, security, chain gang, should scatter when the action comes to the sidelines. Not just the players box but all the way down the sideline. Pylons and yardage markers should also have a.i. and be able to be knocked over.

3. Signature player styles- APF 2k8 nailed this. Players played like themselves. Quarterbacks had specific throwing styles, Barry ran like Barry and so on. Give the players specific strenghts like they do in real life. In 2k this system made you use players like they played. Christian Okoye had to be used between the tackles! Move to an abilities system.

4. A. Weekly prep - You set the teams schedule and get results.
B. Audibles for offense and defense. WR's, LB's, DB's, RB's with depth levels. EX: Wide receiver out route can be set to 5,10, or 15 yards. Rb's chip block ends.

I SEE THE IMPROVEMENT! KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!

Last edited by loudiamonds1979; 05-09-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: 2k player that is converting!

Yay!!! lol....but 2k5 is still my favorite thus far...I hope M10 changes that...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudiamonds1979
I have been a lifetime 2k football player but due to the contract I may have to convert to Madden. But I wouldn't do this unless I really saw the people at EA tryin to make a great football game. This year I see Ian and the staff doin that. I do have a short list of things that are inexcusable and should have been in the Madden series. And when I see this I will buy EA products.

1. Presentation- Borrow from ESPN 2k5. Pre-game, Halftime, and Post game show. And a weekly wrap up with highlights from around the league. There is no excuse for a game made in 2005 to have this and a game in 2010 not. And loads of cutscenes to set up situations.

2. Active sideline like APF 2k8. Players, coaches, cheerleaders, cameramen, photographers, sound men, security, chain gang, should scatter when the action comes to the sidelines. Not just the players box but all the way down the sideline. Pylons and yardage markers should also have a.i. and be able to be knocked over.

3. Signature player styles- APF 2k8 nailed this. Players played like themselves. Quarterbacks had specific throwing styles, Barry ran like Barry and so on. Give the players specific strenghts like they do in real life. In 2k this system made you use players like they played. Christian Okoye had to be used between the tackles! Move to an abilities system.

4. A. Weekly prep - You set the teams schedule and get results.
B. Audibles for offense and defense. WR's, LB's, DB's, RB's with depth levels. EX: Wide receiver out route can be set to 5,10, or 15 yards. Rb's chip block ends.

I SEE THE IMPROVEMENT! KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!
For the 100th time, there will not be active sidelines.

Everything else should be covered. Since it is inexcusable for no active sidelines, I guess you won't be buying eh..
Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
Rookie

My favorite too. At this point you have to read the writing on the wall and buy Madden if they finally get serious about making a great game. I will be waiting. I like what I see with the gang tackling and wr & db interaction. But some of those things should of been correct by now. No excuse not to have fully integrated ESPN presentation in the game. Thats just flat out resting on your laurels.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudiamonds1979
My favorite too. At this point you have to read the writing on the wall and buy Madden if they finally get serious about making a great game. I will be waiting. I like what I see with the gang tackling and wr & db interaction. But some of those things should of been correct by now. No excuse not to have fully integrated ESPN presentation in the game. Thats just flat out resting on your laurels.
There will never ever be ESPN in an NFL endorsed product ever again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
Rookie

I will definately buy Madden if they improve the game like I think they are. The gang tackling looks outstanding. The active sidelines bring you knee deep into the atmosphere along with proper crowd reaction. But if I see a solid game I will buy it active sidelines or not.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
Rookie

The ESPN presentation in 2k5 is still the best by far and probably wont be topped. But thats what happens when there is no competition in the market place. Evolution stauls!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Dude of course you have to convert!! You have no choice!! Madden is the only girl at the dance. LOL!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »