Home

Animations being tweaked as we speak

This is a discussion on Animations being tweaked as we speak within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 52
Animations being tweaked as we speak

Now that we've weathered the bitterness storm and are now back to riding the wave of constructive-ness (I don't think that's a word), I thought I'd update everyone to the progress of our animation improvements after the feedback in the trailer.

Simon is going back through basically all of our locomotion to find the 'problem' run cycles and he'll be spending the next couple of days tweaking and replacing animations. We'll update everyone in a couple of days with progress.

The pass animations are also being swept through for the 'bent knee' issue. I sent these screencaps over to the gameplay/animation team this morning and they are running through the pass animations to fix them. I'll update progress on that as it happens as well.
passes.JPG

On a side note, I knew the changes we were making as a team would gbe cool (in regards to our community involvement), but I never dreamed it could be this awesome - fixing stuff on the fly right alongside the community. I've said it before and I'll say it again - we're basically all making this game together which is quite amazing when you sit back and think of it. I am loving it!

P.S. thread prediction #1: someone will come in and say "OMG EA, you can't tell the animations are bad without us pointing them out? U SUCK 2k RULZ BLAH BLAH BLAH". Who will be the bitter guy to not be appreciative of actually having their input change a game in development?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Animations being tweaked as we speak

Good to hear. Cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

OMG EA, you can't tell the animations are bad without us pointing them out? U SUCK 2k RULZ BLAH BLAH BLAH
Old 04-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 11

Great to hear these animations are being worked on, looking forward to seeing the improvements
Old 04-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

wippy!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

The grass is so healthy and green in that real-life Warner pic...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

Good stuff. I'm sure it's nice to have this forum as a litmus test for your progress. Slowing the game speed down has me more excited than anything else listed... even pro-tak... which is a close 2nd
Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

OMG EA, you can't tell the animations are bad without us pointing them out? U SUCK 2k RULZ BLAH BLAH BLAH

LOL , seriously it's understandable that sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. But you guys are on it now and thats what counts. Looking good fellas, just make sure that you guys stay true to the coach has the advantage at success over the stick jockey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »