Home

The Madden NFL 10 Multiple Camera Angle Thread

This is a discussion on The Madden NFL 10 Multiple Camera Angle Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: What do multiple camera angles mean to you?
Nothing 293 40.81%
I will be very upset if they aren't included in Madden NFL 10 326 45.40%
I will not buy or play Madden NFL 10 if they aren't included 99 13.79%
Voters: 718. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
The Madden NFL 10 Multiple Camera Angle Thread

Think about it... There's obviously been enough posts on this subject for Ian / Phil to have seen them right?

If they were in fact going to add more camera angles or give us a custom cam in Madden 10 why wouldn't they have chimed in already in any of these threads and told us about it?

I highly doubt that this would be a big secret. Sure, I can see why they'd want to keep something like On-line Franchises or whatever On-line features they are working on bottled up until press time for marketing reasons, but surely the marketing team would have no issue with divulging camera angle information, since this should've already been in the game for ever and is standard in 99.99% of all sports titles out there.

So, going by these clues I'd say that we're looking at the following options:

• They didn't plan or think that camera angles were important and will not be in the game yet again.
  • They realize that people want them, but are having technical issues implementing them for whatever reason and don't want to get our hopes up until they resolve said issues.
  • They are going to be in Madden 10 but want to keep them a secret so they can put it on the box and say "Multiple Camera Angles now available!!" (that would be very sad btw.)
I can't think of any other reason why Ian / Phil have not chimed in on this yet... My guess however is A or B...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: I doubt there will be new camera angles in Madden 10

You couldn't have put this in one of the 3 other threads on the first page about cameras? The reason they haven't addressed it is because it's MARCH. They aren't going to discuss significant gameplay additions for a while.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
You couldn't have put this in one of the 3 other threads on the first page about cameras? The reason they haven't addressed it is because it's MARCH. They aren't going to discuss significant gameplay additions for a while.
How are camera angles a "significant game play feature"?!

That's not significant, its a given... that's my point, there's nothing special about Camera Angles in a sports title. This should be a standard feature, not a surprise, or a shock, or anything like that. We shouldn't feel blessed that they are adding camera angles... shouldn't be thanking them for it, they should just be there, as much as the football itself.

Yes I could've put this in one of the other camera angle threads... but I couldn't decide on which one.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Bingo. This is a presentation aspect of the game they will tell us about after draft day.

Custom cameras were part of the alleged DLC last year.

This is probably an attempt to draw out Ian or Phil early on this issue, but I would expect an answer just like OMT said earlier today; I can neither confirm or deny this at this time.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Bingo. This is a presentation aspect of the game they will tell us about after draft day.

Custom cameras were part of the alleged DLC last year.

This is probably an attempt to draw out Ian or Phil early on this issue, but I would expect an answer just like OMT said earlier today; I can neither confirm or deny this at this time.
Do you not find it ridiculous that such a standard sports title feature is being held secret like its suppose to be a big surprise for us? They're showing us much more in depth things in their weekly blogs than camera angles... I just find it odd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Camera angles have to do with the presentation of the game (replays, sidelines, scoreboards, crowds, commentary, etc). Presentation will be discussed later. I'm not sure why this is so baffling to you.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Do you not find it ridiculous that such a standard sports title feature is being held secret like its suppose to be a big surprise for us? They're showing us much more in depth things in their weekly blogs than camera angles... I just find it odd.
It was taken out of LG for some odd ball reason.

They are calling the shots on what they roll out in their weekly blogs, we don't.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Camera angles have to do with the presentation of the game (replays, sidelines, scoreboards, etc). Presentation will be discussed later. I'm not sure why this is so baffling to you.
Its baffling to me because multiple camera angles in a sports title is as much of a standard as the football itself or the goal posts.

A presentation feature should talk about interactive sidelines, or stadium lighting, or real time weather change or day to night change during a game... things that we wouldn't necessarily expect... but camera angles? No, I don't think so... that's standard, not a "feature".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »