Home

Acc. Clock in final 2 minutes?

This is a discussion on Acc. Clock in final 2 minutes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Do you want Acc Clock to apply in the final 2 minutes?
Yes 140 55.78%
No 111 44.22%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Acc. Clock in final 2 minutes?

"PS - Accelerated clock (as of right now) doesn't accelerate in the final 2 minutes of each half. I know this has been hotly debated, so if you guys want to bring back that thread again I'd be happy to discuss the decision."

So according to Ian, right now acc clock is turned off in the final 2 minutes of the half. But in my opinion, this is the most important time of the game to have accelerated clock. My reason being?

Madden has lacked a true 2 minute drill because of how fast you can pick a play and be lined up ready to snap the ball. Acc clock could change this drastically.

It would finally be faster to use hurry up realistically, and use spiking the ball to your advantage so you prevent the clock from accelerating, rather then going to the menu and back into your formation in under 5 seconds.

So I hope Ian that you at least put the option for it to run int he final minutes.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 31
Re: Acc. Clock in final 2 minutes?

I agree it should be "Accelerated" for the whole game.

When it use to be in older versions, I still couldnt just play 15 minute quarters, because you can run sooo many plays in the last 2 minutes at regular clock speed, the cpu included !
I would always have to set the game to like 12 minutes for the stats to be accurate.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

This is huge cz there have been countless times the game came down to one drive and they would get some play to get into field goal range with 5 seconds on the clock with no timeouts and they didnt step out of bounds to stop the clock. They could pick FG kick and kick the FG with 2 seconds left on the clock....completely gay and not sim.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
Exclamation Re: Acc. Clock in final 2 minutes?

Since there is such an emphasis on user customization, why can't this just be an option that can be turned on/off?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 19

yeah i think it would be better if there was an option
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 12

Now that I think about it, my urgency in two minute drill has...well it's been absent. I honestly can't remember ever running a hurry up offense in '09 within the last two minutes either.

I think this would definitely change this but hey, again it's not for everybody. I would love to have that sense of urgency in my two minute drills though.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
Now that I think about it, my urgency in two minute drill has...well it's been absent. I honestly can't remember ever running a hurry up offense in '09 within the last two minutes either.

I think this would definitely change this but hey, again it's not for everybody. I would love to have that sense of urgency in my two minute drills though.

This quote just changed my mind on this issue, I now agree...it would be good to have it accl in the last two min...plus, those damn cleats look so sweat....I can't disagree with them.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 35

They should make it a option, cause i personally want them in the whole game, some want them to stop every 2 mins oif each quarter or every 5 mins. But the more options the bettahhhh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »