Home

Franchise input for Madden 10, you listening Phil?

This is a discussion on Franchise input for Madden 10, you listening Phil? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Franchise input for Madden 10, you listening Phil?

Here are some basic things I think would greatly enhance the franchise experience. what do you think?

Please make the franchise mode next gen finally. Bring back the fun training camp mode, stagger the rating increase to every 5 or six weeks like current gen, if a player is unhappy or feels he should be starting have him go to the media, distracting the team, resulting in a global team awareness (-20) or something to that effect, have him ask for a trade or see what it would take to make that player happy. whatever happened to holdouts? what about bringing back tendering offers to restricted free agents and having teams bid on those players, as well franchise players.Can we finally get a practice squad, or how about walk-ons, players that didn't get drafted.Be able to hire a coaching staff, like a running backs coachs, linebackers coach, not just offense and defensive coordinators. Have Mel Kiper give a run down of his draft list, actually have a scouting dept give you differing opinions of players based on the type of scouts you have. Have some NEW scouting definitions for players instead of the same ones from 6 years ago, being like kelly holcomb is no longer a good thing etc. if a scout believes he is scouting a franchise player, say that! Have some of the songs that you would actually hear at a game in the game, instead of what is currently trendy playing...i don't want to hear MCR when I score a touchdown..maybe that gary glitter song or whatever else, just an example. If you hire a coach or coordinator, have him make suggestions to your team, if he wants to install a tampa 2 defense,for example, have him wanting to pursue certain free agents that were on his coached team to help the other players learn that style. this happens all the time in the nfl. have a REAL half time show, maybe just some hightlights with a little announcement a la 2k5 was great! Have a keys to the game, stating what each team needs to do in order to win, stop the rb, or stop the DE whatever. Have more stat tracking updates during the course of the game, you should get updates during every drive IMO, instead of getting them towards the end of the game. I think it would be neat to have players get into trouble, have the commish suspend them a couple of weeks, it would have to be VERY RARE though. during rivalry games it would be neat to have teams "get into it" during warmups every so often.

This is an idea I've had for a few years now..

when you fumble the ball it seems like its not a very big deal in the game, in real life there is normally a huge dog pile, players are trying to scratch and claw for that loose football, refs are trying to peel people off the pile, the players that aren't involved in the scrum are trying to pull off the opposing players etc, you could even make this into some kind of in game mini-game i don't know,..but it needs to be more than it has been recently.

also, please knock off the suction blocking, the truck stick also seemed to be pretty non existent this year..bring that back to the players that are applicable. having access to the local newspapers website to view the articles would be a neat return, or have your franchise computer get twitter updates so you get a sense of your team and its position towards the other 31 nfl teams. have some type of extinguishable award or placard or something stating you have either built, or close to building a legacy with your team. it would be neat to show the fans emptying out of the stadium, different reactions whether their team won or not..

look, im just one person, one fan. I have played this game for more years than a 30 year old professional would care to openly admit to in front of other colleagues. But look, even your own poll when asking its fans what do they play the most, 58% of everyone has stated they play franchise the most, so please help us out and give us what we have been fiending for since we bought our 360's and ps3's respectively. Thank you for your time and all thoughts and input are appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Franchise input for Madden 10, you listening Phil?

Read the Gangstering The Devs Thread...
Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Do people just skip over the wishlist forum? Every one wants to be heard, I guess .
Old 03-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

For Post #1 he isn't really giving a good first impression.

At least it is something about Franchise... Now if they would just give SOME TYPE of information on it...

nevermind...
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

neaten it up please, punctuation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #6
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannerparty
Here are some basic things I think would greatly enhance the franchise experience. what do you think?

Please make the franchise mode next gen finally. Bring back the fun training camp mode, stagger the rating increase to every 5 or six weeks like current gen, if a player is unhappy or feels he should be starting have him go to the media, distracting the team, resulting in a global team awareness (-20) or something to that effect, have him ask for a trade or see what it would take to make that player happy. whatever happened to holdouts? what about bringing back tendering offers to restricted free agents and having teams bid on those players, as well franchise players.Can we finally get a practice squad, or how about walk-ons, players that didn't get drafted.Be able to hire a coaching staff, like a running backs coachs, linebackers coach, not just offense and defensive coordinators. Have Mel Kiper give a run down of his draft list, actually have a scouting dept give you differing opinions of players based on the type of scouts you have. Have some NEW scouting definitions for players instead of the same ones from 6 years ago, being like kelly holcomb is no longer a good thing etc. if a scout believes he is scouting a franchise player, say that! Have some of the songs that you would actually hear at a game in the game, instead of what is currently trendy playing...i don't want to hear MCR when I score a touchdown..maybe that gary glitter song or whatever else, just an example. If you hire a coach or coordinator, have him make suggestions to your team, if he wants to install a tampa 2 defense,for example, have him wanting to pursue certain free agents that were on his coached team to help the other players learn that style. this happens all the time in the nfl. have a REAL half time show, maybe just some hightlights with a little announcement a la 2k5 was great! Have a keys to the game, stating what each team needs to do in order to win, stop the rb, or stop the DE whatever. Have more stat tracking updates during the course of the game, you should get updates during every drive IMO, instead of getting them towards the end of the game. I think it would be neat to have players get into trouble, have the commish suspend them a couple of weeks, it would have to be VERY RARE though. during rivalry games it would be neat to have teams "get into it" during warmups every so often.

This is an idea I've had for a few years now..

when you fumble the ball it seems like its not a very big deal in the game, in real life there is normally a huge dog pile, players are trying to scratch and claw for that loose football, refs are trying to peel people off the pile, the players that aren't involved in the scrum are trying to pull off the opposing players etc, you could even make this into some kind of in game mini-game i don't know,..but it needs to be more than it has been recently.

also, please knock off the suction blocking, the truck stick also seemed to be pretty non existent this year..bring that back to the players that are applicable. having access to the local newspapers website to view the articles would be a neat return, or have your franchise computer get twitter updates so you get a sense of your team and its position towards the other 31 nfl teams. have some type of extinguishable award or placard or something stating you have either built, or close to building a legacy with your team. it would be neat to show the fans emptying out of the stadium, different reactions whether their team won or not..

look, im just one person, one fan. I have played this game for more years than a 30 year old professional would care to openly admit to in front of other colleagues. But look, even your own poll when asking its fans what do they play the most, 58% of everyone has stated they play franchise the most, so please help us out and give us what we have been fiending for since we bought our 360's and ps3's respectively. Thank you for your time and all thoughts and input are appreciated.
There are 3 things wrong with this:
1. As marktg30 pointed out, you are ganstering the Dev's.
2. This should be in the "Wish List" section.
3. It has all already been said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »