Home

3 Things That Are Killing M25 For Me

This is a discussion on 3 Things That Are Killing M25 For Me within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
3 Things That Are Killing M25 For Me

The titles says it all. So let me start..

1). CPU sack issue
Has anyone found a slider set (including penalties) that prevents the CPU QB from taking countless sacks? I play coach mode, so really, it affects both HUM and CPU QB. It seems the LE is unstoppable no matter who you have at RT and no matter what the LE's rating is.

2). QB's completion % WAY too high/Pass defense AWFUL
It seems to me that every single QB plays like they are Peyton Manning. I play with Derek Car (coach mode, again) and he continually goes toe to toe with Tom Brady in my test games. Is there a QB ACC and a Defensive Pass slider set that actually gets the players to play as their ratings suggest?

3). HB auto-subs
For the life of me I cannot find a stamina/auto-sub pairing that actually brings in the #2 HB for 5-8 carries a game. If I am able to achieve him entering the game for a few touches, the #1 disappears in the 2nd half to not be seen again. Anyone have a stamina/auto-sub set that actually works for HB's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 3 Things That Are Killing M25 For Me

I don't know how people can play coach mode. Seems boring. If you searched the threads you'll find that these issues are well documented already. That being said, I played the heck out of m25. It's a great game.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Pro

kcsam's Arena

I play coach mode for realism. If I didn't, I would win each and every game by at least 35 and go 19-0 year in and year out. That may be fun for you, but I like to play the game for strategical reasons (FA, draft, etc), not arcade. Playing any other way seems boring to me.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Kcsam i might have idea for u but i need to know 2 things:
1.do u have 2 controllers ?
2.do you care a lot about rebuilding teams?Basically i wanna know how much that means to you on your cfm
Old 10-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Yep, I have 2 controllers.

Rebuilding? Sure. I like to play with my Raiders, and as we all know they're in DESPERATE need of a rebuild!

What do you have in mind, Lisinas? You've helped me out a lot since I've gotten 25, so I'm all ears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 09:24 PM   #6
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

OVR: 0

For the sack issue....are you playing on All Madden? They usually dont translate well to coach mode.

I dont have my sliders set yet, but Im playing on all pro with pass blocking for both teams down to 0. However, some DLineman seem UNDERpowered and the sacks that do happen are on blitzes and when the QB holds the ball too long.

I think you have to be willing to make concessions when playing this game because there will always be something off.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #7
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Well, right now I'm just playing Play Now games since I don't want to start my CFM until I have the sliders ironed out. The difficult days "custom", but I assume it's All Pro due to the kicking meter speed. I've read All Pro is the route to go over All Madden since the latter is more arcade'ish and leads to the CPU cheating a bit.

Wow, 0 pass blocking?? Another EA backwards slider, huh? Never fails to amaze.. Do you play coach mode? If so, I'd be interested in seeing your sliders once you get them together. I don't mind blitz sacks, I just mind my LE Lamar Woodley not averaging 5 sacks a game!

I look forward to seeing some sliders you have for 25. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:41 AM   #8
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Well I've been introduced into interesting CFM idea by this fellow madden player and streamer and Im having a blast using it in my CFM.

Basically what you do is control all 32 and play as all 32teams, you assign one controller to each team, you play as offenses only, there is some house rules like looking away from your tv when you are picking defensive play for the team on defense so you dont know if you are gonna get blitzed or if it will be man or zone coverage etc. , sticking to suggested plays is also one of the house rules but if you dont like it you can pick anything on offense. Now obviously if you are playing as 32 teams in all games that leaves you with 256 games per season to be played so if you are into rebuilding this is out of the question. However that being said there is a workaround if you want to focus on your Raiders only, assuming you have 32 profiles created in your CFM you can only play Raiders games this way and sim the rest of them... now why im suggesting this for you ? Because when you have 2 controllers assigned to each team you are essentially playing User vs User which only requires you to have a good User slider set which is extremely easy to do. I dont have any gameplay related problems once i started playing this way not to mention gameplay is more realistic than its ever been, i have perfect "real life" like stats in my games, no ROBO QB anymore, no sacks issue etc, no Auto subs for HB needed since i can switch it up via formation subs or depth chart menu for both teams.

If you are interested in giving this a shot i could hook you up with my user slider set and you could tweak it to your own liking from there.

Last edited by lisinas; 10-24-2014 at 01:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »