Home

*Attention all slider gurus.Please read.

This is a discussion on *Attention all slider gurus.Please read. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23
*Attention all slider gurus.Please read.

Hello all you hard working slider gurus,

I believe I have found something that is going to flip s**t regarding of creating sliders. Someone asked me what "generic sliders" was..I know what it was, but was wondering why EA would call it "generic"..So I did a little research to see if it is what I think it is.

First I played a game(Online CCM) with All-Pro difficulty with all sliders at 50. Kick meter is normal, defensive assist button works. And then I changed the difficulty to ALL-Madden with sliders again all at 50..And what do you know, kick meter is fast and defensive assist button is disable, I see more defensive shifts/movement from CPU and CPU started playing well. Making quicker decision passing and running.

So I came to a conclusion that "Difficulty" and "Generic sliders" work separately. Difficulty is how well CPU will play in general, and Generic sliders are just how effective they are in all aspect in general.

Nonetheless All-madden difficulty with all 50 sliders played really nice, it still needs some tweaks but probably not as much. Please try it out yourself and let me know what you guys think. I will be re-creating a sliders set with this theory in mind.

Thanks,

Blue Ninja
M16 Sim Style Sliders by Blue Ninja
My Twitch Stream

Last edited by Blue Ninja; 08-30-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: *Attention all slider gurus.Please read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ninja
Hello all you hard working slider gurus,

I believe I have found something that is going to flip s**t regarding of creating sliders. Someone asked me what "generic sliders" was..I know what it was, but was wondering why EA would call it "generic"..So I did a little research to see if it is what I think it is.

First I played a game(Online CCM) with All-Pro difficulty with all sliders at 50. Kick meter is normal, defensive assist button works. And then I changed the difficulty to ALL-Madden with sliders again all at 50..And what do you know, kick meter is fast and defensive assist button is disable, I see more defensive shifts/movement from CPU and CPU started playing well. Making quicker decision passing and running.

So I came to a conclusion that "Difficulty" and "Generic sliders" works separately. Difficulty is how well CPU will play in general, and Generic sliders are just how effective they are in all aspect in general.

Nonetheless All-madden difficulty with all 50 sliders played really nice, it still needs some tweaks but probably not as much. Please try it out yourself and let me know what you guys think. I will be re-creating a sliders set with this theory in mind.

Thanks,

Blue Ninja
Yep. I'm awaiting confirmation about this; a CM is checking into it. Sydeburnz argues it is the NCAA way of doing things (which would make sense). One thing I thought to be really odd (or maybe it was a 'one hit wonder'), as I was toying around with different slider /level combinations. . .noticed that CPU running really 'took off' when I changed level to rookie. I mean, I would expect that for the human. . .but not the CPU.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Pro

SickDL's Arena

OVR: 8

Interesting. So the same slider set can be more difficult if you set all madden first and then move the sliders then if you set them from all pro
Old 08-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Interesting. So the same slider set can be more difficult if you set all madden first and then move the sliders then if you set them from all pro
In theory, yes. I'm still testing.
My Twitch Stream
Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
Rookie

furrygrizzlybear's Arena

OVR: 1

Hmmm, I was thinking that if you adjusted the sliders those would come into effect and if it wasn't adjusted it would use the default sliders for whatever difficulty was chosen. Looks as if this isn't the case.

I am so confused.......
Sweetness #34

Last edited by furrygrizzlybear; 08-30-2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: additional text
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

i had a feeling that difficulty meant more than just what slider preset was loaded at first this year.. glad to see im not crazy and people that actually do sliders came to the same conclusion
Old 08-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

So you're saying that if you set difficulty to all madden and then tweak from there you will see a faster kick meter and better CPU play
Old 08-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
i had a feeling that difficulty meant more than just what slider preset was loaded at first this year.. glad to see im not crazy and people that actually do sliders came to the same conclusion
Well I hope this will be confirmed because this'll give us more option and range to play with sliders.
My Twitch Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »