Home

CheechDogg75's Sliders

This is a discussion on CheechDogg75's Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10
CheechDogg75's Sliders

Hello everyone and thanks for viewing this thread. This year I will post my 1st ever sliders on OS for those who are interested in a defensive Madden experience. I started messing with sliders in Madden 2001, but before Madden I messed with NFL GameDay's sliders as well.

Madden 11 surprisingly has sliders that work once again. The last time I felt this good about sliders was NFL GameDay 99's sliders.

So this year like every other year, I will try to make Madden play as close to real football as possible, but who doesn't right? If I am playing against a team like Dallas I don't want to be able to run the ball against them that easy. I want to struggle for my 100 yards if its at all possible.

This slider set finally has given me and the cpu a leveled playing field. It makes "me" fight for yards on the ground against teams with good run defenses and yards through the air against good pass defenses as well. I played 15 games vs the Dallas Cowboys and it was pretty hard to run for 100+ yards. After my 3rd game vs the Cowboys, I learned and realized that I can not call the same play on defense or offense over and over again like in years past. This year, Madden 11 will make you pay for that. One mistake and it is 6 pts for the cpu buddy!

Clock management is the key this year in Madden 11. You must learn now to keep the ball away from the Brees, Bradies and Mannings. You have to strike 1st and take that lead to make the CPU score too. The running game is just as dangerous if not more this year in Madden 11 and you must do what ever possible to keep the ball from your opponent.

You must also learn what teamwork is this year. You have to spread the ball around to as many players as possible to keep the defenses honest. You can set up the run with the pass and Vice-Versa. When playing defense, it doesn't hurt you to try and dictate to whom the opposing qb is going to throw to. If you are playing someone like Peyton Manning, give him nothing deep and instead make him nickle and dime you. Set him up for a turnover by controlling your CBs to trick him into passing your way and pick him off, or leave the middle of the field open to try and make the receiver turn over the ball by creating a fumble.

Turnovers will be a huge factor this year in Madden unlike years past. If you can't cause turnovers and keep the ball away from your opponent, you are in big trouble.

So with that said lets look at how I have been able to do just that with sliders, fatigue and Auto-sub settings.

Game Options

15 min quarters

Accelerated clock: 25 seconds

Playcall style: Conventional
Play Clock: on
Coord Audio: off
Coord Subtittles: off
Camera Settings: Broadcast ( your choice here )
Auto Strafe: on
Auto Sprint: on
Injuries: 25 ( still plenty of injuries during games )
Fatigue: 45 ( Kenneth Darby had 4 carries for 17 yards spelling Jackson )
Game Speed: Very Fast ( your choice here )
Threshold: 5
Coach Mode: on ( doesn't mean you can't control your QB )
Fight fumble: off

Auto-subs

Offense

Qb out: 0
IN: 25

Rb out: 75
In: 85 ( Allows the cpu to spell "starter", usually giving the 2nd string backs 5-10 carries a game )

Wr out: 75
In: 85 ( Allows for rookies to get some action during games )

Fb/Te out: 25
In: 70 ( since most teams don't have a 2 or 3 deep for fullbacks and tes, the out slider needs to be very low to avoid having a wr in at te or even a cb in for a wr )

Ol out: 10
In: 50 ( do you really want your backups in during games unless its necessary ? )

Defenes

Dt out: 75
In: 80 ( keeps the defense fresh while also allowing offenses to take advantage when a starter is out taking a breather )

De out: 75
In: 85 ( same logic as dts here )

Lb out: 65
In: 75 ( lbs have a strong motor, no reason to really sub your starting LB Corps unless they are really tired, 65 I believe is pretty tired for a LB )

Cb out: 25
In: 75 ( you always want your best corner on your opponents best wrs right, so leave this setting alone )

S out: 65
In: 75 ( safeties are like lbs, but they do need a breather once in a while right, 65 is probably a bit too low, so we'll have to keep and eye on this slider )

Penalties

offsides: 90 (fair amount of calls for home team )

false start: 85 (on the road hard counts are hard to pull off )

holding: 50

facemask: 40 ( fair amount of calls here )

DPI: 95 (still haven't seen more than 1 call here)

OPI: 50 (just like DPI, I think this is a broken slider)

KR/PR int: 50

Clipping: 75 (when a long run happens, clipping is probably involved, fair amount of calls here too)

Int grounding: 80 (broken slider)

Roughing passer: 75 (good amount of calls here)

Roughing kicker: 65 (one call in 15 games)

Player Skill

Passing
QB accuracy: 15
Pass blocking: 5
Wr Catch: 50

Rushing
Broken Tckl: 45
Run Block: 60
Fumbles: 75 ( fumbles still happen with this setting )

Pass Def

Reaction time: 5 ( dbs and lbs actually play defense and don't act superhuman )
Int: 5 ( instead of going for the pick and risking a big gain by the wrs, the dbs act like coverage dbs and play sound defense )

Pass rush: 75 ( this allows for the defense to bring down the qb when they have to, no more robo qb with this setting )

Rush Def
Reaction time: 5 ( allows the cpu to find the holes and )
Block Shedding: 5 ( activates gang tackling by the cpu )
Tackling: 75( allows your defense to get the qb for sacks )

CPU Skill

Passing

QB Accuracy: 15
Pass block: 5
Wr Catch: 50

Rushing

Broken Tckl: 55
Run block: 75
Fumbles: 75

Pass Def
Reaction: 5
Ints: 5
Pass rush: 75

Rush Def

Reaction time: 5
Block shedding: 5
Tackling: 40

Please post any and all feedback on these sliders. I will be updating any changes I make but by the looks of these right now, I don't think I am going to be changing much at all.

The Auto-sub sliders are set up to allow the cpu to spell their starting rbs and allow them to get the ball 5-10 times a game depending on their playing style. Teams with a heavy running game will give the 2nd rb just the right amount of carries per game.

On defense, the auto-sub sliders allows you to keep your defense fresh but can also work against you if you don't do your job. The opposing offenses can really put the hurting in you if you don't make them go 3 and out or cause a turnover. Choose your plays wisely, not only on offense but defense as well. Keep your rbs fresh by spelling your starter before he gets too tired. Keep and eye on their gestures on the field, tired players will be breathing faster and its quite evident that they are tired.

Well you guys, I hope you guys like these sliders. Remember, these might not work at all for you. We don't all have similar playing styles, but I tested these sliders by passing and running as much as I could vs good teams and bad ones. Against strong defenses it was not easy passing or running and against good offenses, I had to really call a good defensive game to pull off a victory.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg

Last edited by CAG CheechDogg; 08-17-2010 at 04:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: CheechDogg75's Sliders

If I were to change the game speed to slow or normal, would it make a drastic change? Would everything play the same (minus the fact that it's slower); i.e. rushing game, sacks, defense?
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 08-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
If I were to change the game speed to slow or normal, would it make a drastic change? Would everything play the same (minus the fact that it's slower); i.e. rushing game, sacks, defense?
I don't know buddy, not everyone has the same reaction times, give it a try and post your impressions ok? Thanks.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

anymore updates to either of these sliders...been bouncing between yours and redsfan4life....been messing with pass blocking and pass rush around 100..kind of based on some of the things u have talked about...
Old 08-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajobristol
anymore updates to either of these sliders...been bouncing between yours and redsfan4life....been messing with pass blocking and pass rush around 100..kind of based on some of the things u have talked about...

What kind of numbers did you get and which set of sliders did you use.

I will post another set tonight, my Son is over and hes playing Madden right now before he starts school on Wednesday.

But please post your numbers. Try playing against the Rams please, seems as though Steven Jackson is the hardest RB to stop in this game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Rookie

I was using ur first set...I work second shift so...wont be able to post till after 1am...numbers were good from the two games I have played...I'll play against seven Jackson when I get home..haven't started a season yet just play now..I'll let u know..
Old 08-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
Rookie

One other thing...used them on normal and fast..very fast to much for me
Old 08-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #8
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

Ok I have settled on a set of sliders that has given me the numbers I have been looking for.

The following stats are from my game vs the Cowboys. I play of course as the Skins.

Dallas / Skins

21-17 : Dallas wins

Total Offense: 337 / 339

Rushing: 197 / 125 * Felix Jones had a 72 yard run that sealed the deal for Dallas

Passing: 140 / 214

First downs: 19 / 16

PR yards: 33 / 10

KR yards: 69 / 47

Total yards: 439 / 396

Turnovers: 0(+2) / 2(-2)

3rd down convs: 6-14 (42%) / 6-14 (42%)

2-point convs: 0 / 0

Red zone%: 1-2(50%) / 2-3(66%)

Red zone tds: 1 / 1

Red zone fgs: 0 / 1

Penalties: 3-15 / 1-5

Time of possession: 26:59 / 33:01

Player stats

Passing

McNabb 15-33 224 yards, 45% 1 td 1 int

Romo 14-17 122 yards, 82% 1 td

Rushing

Barber 22-120 5.4 avg

Portis 21-72 3.4 avg

Johnson 6-46 7.6 avg

F.Jones 3-86 28.6 *broke a 72 yard run to seal the deal

Receiving

D.Bryant 8-105

Cooley 6-111

M.Kelly 4-77

M.Austin 3-16 *doubled him most of the game

Defense

Ware 7 tackles

McIntosh 6 tackles

Sensabaugh 5 tackles

Brooking 5 tackles

A.Ball 5 tackles

Sacks

A.Carriker 1

Ratliff 1

A.Spencer 1

Ints

M. Jenkins 2

Kick return

F.Jones 2-35

D.Thomas 1-17

Armstrong 2-30

Punt return

P.Crayton 3-33

P.Buchanon 2-10

This game was intense from the first quarter. Dallas took the 1st drive of the game and drove downfield putting together a drive that lasted almost 10 mins. Romo found fullback Anderson in the flats for a 1 yard td pass, 7-0 Dallas.

Dallas held me in check the whole 1st quarter. I couldn't run or pass. They controlled the clock and the ball. In the 2nd quarter McNabb hit Malcolm Kelly on a 33 yard pass then handed the ball too Larry Johnson on a 4 yard td run with 13:56 left in the 2nd, 7-7 tied game.

Dallas responded back with an Int for a td by Mike Jenkins on the 1st play after going 3 and out less than 40 seconds before, 14-7 Dallas.

The 3rd quarter was a defensive battle. Neither of us scored a point.

In the 4th quarter I drove downfield but only managed to get a fg with 8:43 left in the 4th, 14-10 Dallas.

Less than a minute later, Romo hands off to Felix Jones a draw play that caught my defense by surprise, Jones took it down the sideline for 72 yards avoiding Chris Horton and going untouched all the way to the endzone, 21-10 Dallas.

I settled down with McNabb and ran the ball a few times. I found Malcolm Kelly wide open down the left sideline for a 23 yard td, 21-17 Dallas. The next series I stopped Dallas on a 3 and out and made them punt. I drove down to the 13 yard line with only 4 seconds left. Why do I find myself in these situations constantly?

I'm 2nd and 13 and I need a td. I come out in a 4 wr set and I see Kelly breaking to the outside with plenty of separation, but out of no where Mike Jenkins closes in and picks me off in the end zone!

That is the 2nd time I have been picked off in the endzone with the game on the line. Another heartbreaker but a killer game. I knew I had to keep the ball away from Romo after seeing him connect on 6 straight passes in the opening drive when he found Anderson in the endzone.

Dallas defense was stubborn and only allowed me to run for 125 yards combined. They found an answer to my pass defense and carved me up with 197 yards rushing, if Felix Jones hadn't broke that 72 yard td run , Dallas would of had 125 yards rushing combined as well. Pretty even game on the ground and through the air, in my opinion I could not of asked for better numbers.

Great game nevertheless and I am very happy with the end results even though I lost. It was not easy passing or running. One play decided the game and just like in real life, 1 play can turn around most games like this one.

I will post links to pictures of actual stats. This will help those who do not believe the stats I have posted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »