Home

Homefield advantage feedback is covering up my defensive adjustments box (ps5).

This is a discussion on Homefield advantage feedback is covering up my defensive adjustments box (ps5). within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-24-2022, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon5 Homefield advantage feedback is covering up my defensive adjustments box (ps5).

I haven't played a Madden game in 15 years or so. Saw Madden 22 on sale recently and bought it. I'm enjoying it, but man are there a lot of things to get a handle on since it's been so long. One thing that is driving me crazy is I can't figure out how to not have the homefield advantage tips cover up my defensive adjustments box. Both are on the bottom right hand corner of the screen and I can't figure out how to move or take that off. Any help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2022, 07:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Homefield advantage feedback is covering up my defensive adjustments box (ps5).

It’s by design as far as I can tell. The system will do things much more annoying than that too.

Even as a clean-screen guy myself I actually really like the way it screws with you to either annoy or downright ruin your rhythm.

Yeah yeah guys should be able to toggle it off or whatever but the entire system is cool with me at the end of the day, and probably the main thing that separates the next gen version from current gen.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:40 AM   #3
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Re: Homefield advantage feedback is covering up my defensive adjustments box (ps5).

I've always been a "show me, don't tell me" kind of guy. I should be able to feel/notice the home field advantage stuff without being told "at this part of the meter your receivers are going to drop more balls."

Mostly, I'd love it if it only popped up occasionally, with the option to turn it off, or an option to toggle over to it pre-snap like with play-art. As it is, it's a newly-implemented mechanic that is always cluttering the screen and I have no idea why anyone thought that would be a good idea. I'd love to be able to experience some form of the momentum effects without having an immersion-breaking meter and graphics always on my screen.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:12 PM   #4
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

One of the dumber design decisions they've made. I don't know if they expect everyone knows the adjustments by heart, or what. But it's insane that they have a needless graphic overlapping a necessary one.

Watch me play video games
Old 01-26-2022, 05:27 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The In game UI is a mess.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2022, 05:44 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
I've always been a "show me, don't tell me" kind of guy. I should be able to feel/notice the home field advantage stuff without being told "at this part of the meter your receivers are going to drop more balls."

Mostly, I'd love it if it only popped up occasionally, with the option to turn it off, or an option to toggle over to it pre-snap like with play-art. As it is, it's a newly-implemented mechanic that is always cluttering the screen and I have no idea why anyone thought that would be a good idea. I'd love to be able to experience some form of the momentum effects without having an immersion-breaking meter and graphics always on my screen.
You make good points, but I would rather have a pop up or something. If my QB suddenly cannot hit the side of a barn (and good lawd, that's why I lose most of my games) I feel better knowing that it is because of momentum and not because the game is "cheating".

This is totally off the topic but I really wish the home team would not lose momentum so easily.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Perhaps it's another "Home Field Advantage" perk - Blocking the UI for adjustments to make the defense even more sloppy.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:39 PM   #8
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I have scoured for a remedy. I gave up and memorized.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »