Home

Mattanite's M22 Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Mattanite's M22 Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2021, 02:18 PM   #9
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Mattanite's M22 Franchise Tips

Good write up, lot of good info. I have a couple questions if you don't mind.

1) Not sure if I want to do it and save it, but last night I tried the trick of firing all coaches, hiring, others, etc. last night just to check it out real quick (without saving of course). I could only do that with my coordinators, there is no option to even fire the coach. I am at the very beginning of franchise, have not done anything but start it, setup all the sliders & options the way I want them, and save it. Other than that I have just been goofing around with stuff without saving any further just to get accustomed to everything. So with that said, why can I not fire the coach? And yes, I had coach firing turned On in the league settings. (Also, Raiders if that has anything to do with it.)

2) The setting for how quickly staff points are earned...Does that only affect YOUR coach/coordinators, or does that go for every coach/coordinator in the franchise?
Old 09-22-2021, 02:38 PM   #10
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Good write up, lot of good info. I have a couple questions if you don't mind.

1) Not sure if I want to do it and save it, but last night I tried the trick of firing all coaches, hiring, others, etc. last night just to check it out real quick (without saving of course). I could only do that with my coordinators, there is no option to even fire the coach. I am at the very beginning of franchise, have not done anything but start it, setup all the sliders & options the way I want them, and save it. Other than that I have just been goofing around with stuff without saving any further just to get accustomed to everything. So with that said, why can I not fire the coach? And yes, I had coach firing turned On in the league settings. (Also, Raiders if that has anything to do with it.)

2) The setting for how quickly staff points are earned...Does that only affect YOUR coach/coordinators, or does that go for every coach/coordinator in the franchise?
1. You can only fire your head coach if you are in Owner Mode. You can fire your OC and DC in Coach Mode and Owner Mode. Coach Firing on is related to does the CPU fire their HC or not (and do you want to include your Coach there). I saw OC and DC get fired with Coach Firing turned off it that helps.

2. It should affect all staff in the league. You have four goal slots in weekly strategy each week, each slot can earn up to ~5 staff points depending on how hard the goal is. So typically all teams will earn around 10pts per week and the multiplier on staff point cost should be global. Will confirm for you.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:18 PM   #11
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
1. You can only fire your head coach if you are in Owner Mode. You can fire your OC and DC in Coach Mode and Owner Mode. Coach Firing on is related to does the CPU fire their HC or not (and do you want to include your Coach there). I saw OC and DC get fired with Coach Firing turned off it that helps.

2. It should affect all staff in the league. You have four goal slots in weekly strategy each week, each slot can earn up to ~5 staff points depending on how hard the goal is. So typically all teams will earn around 10pts per week and the multiplier on staff point cost should be global. Will confirm for you.

Thanks for the quick reply, I am just now done with all work for the day and was about to mess around with Madden a little bit.

1) I always use Coach Mode, so that explains why I couldn't fire myself, lol. And yeah, I knew what/how the Coach Firing option worked, I have it set to CPU Only as I always do, I only turned it completely off to test.

2) Ok. yes please let me know what you find. Thank!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #12
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Thanks for the quick reply, I am just now done with all work for the day and was about to mess around with Madden a little bit.

1) I always use Coach Mode, so that explains why I couldn't fire myself, lol. And yeah, I knew what/how the Coach Firing option worked, I have it set to CPU Only as I always do, I only turned it completely off to test.

2) Ok. yes please let me know what you find. Thank!
Can confirm that changing the staff point rate does increase the displayed cost of staff abilities for cpu teams and the "slowest" sim looks like they do pay more as total abilities gained in line with the sim of 150-200 staff points for most teams.

Sadly, can also confirm coach firing off still results in fired coordinators. Worse than that is coach firing off can also result in fired cpu Head Coaches too.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2021, 08:30 PM   #13
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Is it possible for me to play a game with any team each week in Franchise without having to do all of the weekly gameplanning?

For example, if my franchise is with the Packers but I wanted to play the Chiefs vs Ravens in week 2. How would I do that?

I dont want to do any weekly gameplanning, just jump into the game each week
Old 09-24-2021, 04:18 AM   #14
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Is it possible for me to play a game with any team each week in Franchise without having to do all of the weekly gameplanning?

For example, if my franchise is with the Packers but I wanted to play the Chiefs vs Ravens in week 2. How would I do that?

I dont want to do any weekly gameplanning, just jump into the game each week
Surprisingly complicated question with two parts.

1. Gameplanning - If you don't wish to do any weekly strategy that's fine and cpu will manage it for you. The suggested offensive and defensive strategies are based on the opposing team profiles (a nice touch), you will automatically be in full pads (+5/+3 attribute bonus) AND the cpu does manage progressive fatigue for you and when starters get into the 80 range they'll auto plan splits on the affected position groups (a very nice touch). The focus training players will very likely be recent draft class rookies so reasonably optimised. So when you head to game lobby the cpu will have processed all weekly strategy for you.

2. Switching teams to play - A heavy handed solution here is to do offline commissioner mode (32 owner mode). That way you can switch between profiles with ease depending on what game you want to play - but there are no real owners this year so it means creating 32 new owners which is time consuming and owners suffer from a lack of updates and scenarios. Single owner mode online wont work due to the legacy lock out bug. Coach mode offline will also work and single coach mode online will also work by retiring/create new coach each week BUT you use the existing real coaches each time for ease and so that custom coaches don't disappear into retirement.

Last edited by Mattanite; 09-24-2021 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:23 AM   #15
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
Can confirm that changing the staff point rate does increase the displayed cost of staff abilities for cpu teams and the "slowest" sim looks like they do pay more as total abilities gained in line with the sim of 150-200 staff points for most teams.

Sadly, can also confirm coach firing off still results in fired coordinators. Worse than that is coach firing off can also result in fired cpu Head Coaches too.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Well dang. So I now have to decide on which speed rate would be best for me to use. Fastest is definitely out since this setting controls their rate as well. Definitely don't wanna go with slowest either. I'd like my staff to get better sooner than later, but don't need the CPU getting better too quickly, if that makes since. I guess i'll debate on either Normal or Slow......

Oh, hey, to save from making a new thread about a problem that's probably already been covered here somewhere, I just noticed this the other night when I started playing Exhibition. I have all my Settings/Options/Sliders set from the Main Menu, and they always stay where I put them each time I load Madden they're good to go. However, I go into Exhibition, pause the game to go into the options/settings, There are several things set the opposite of what I had them. It's only settings that have a on/off switch I believe, everything with a numbered slider is where I have them set in Main Menu. What's the deal with that? I just plan on playing Exhibition until the Franchise update arrives, and it sucks to have to pause at beginning of each game and go change my settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2021, 12:04 PM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

@Mattanite:

Do you have any take on the option to modify the number of X Factor / Superstar / Star players in franchise?

At default settings, there seems to be WAY too many rated Star and above, IMHO.

Even if you empty those three bars out, there ends up being 7-8 Star and above per team, etc.

Additionally:

What's you take on default XP settings?

At 100%, players develop pretty fast, esp. in light of the above.

Ever consider 75% / 50% / etc.?

Thanks.

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-25-2021 at 12:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »