Home

What do people think about presentation?

This is a discussion on What do people think about presentation? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2021, 01:20 AM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
What do people think about presentation?

I do like some new things but no variety at all a pre season game the players come out looking like they are entering the super bowl.

Also what happened to the O Line players on the first drive of a team in the game?? all I see now is the QB announced with player ratings or season stats. they don't focus on any other players. remember when they would show the O-line starters ?? and stuff like that why is that no more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2021, 03:17 AM   #2
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What do people think about presentation?

What EA is able to do with gameday presentation each year unfortunately always falls somewhere in the middle of a never-ending tug-of-war between the "we want authenticity, presentation, and spectacle" sim crowd and the "we will button through every cutscene because we just want to play the damn game" competitive / MUT crowd.

It's a weird middle ground that never really satisfies anyone, and justifying building features which don't cater to the entire game audience is a tough pitch for producers to make on a game as big as Madden is.

As someone who generally never skips cutscenes, I'd certainly like to see them do more than they currently have.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:13 AM   #3
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
What EA is able to do with gameday presentation each year unfortunately always falls somewhere in the middle of a never-ending tug-of-war between the "we want authenticity, presentation, and spectacle" sim crowd and the "we will button through every cutscene because we just want to play the damn game" competitive / MUT crowd.

It's a weird middle ground that never really satisfies anyone, and justifying building features which don't cater to the entire game audience is a tough pitch for producers to make on a game as big as Madden is.

As someone who generally never skips cutscenes, I'd certainly like to see them do more than they currently have.

I never understood why they couldn't just include an option to have full-blown TV-style presentation with a "quick-play" option in the menu that turns this presentation off for those that want to skip through everything. I honestly even miss the break from the huddle and walk up to the line and always hated they took that out to cater to the "hurry-up-always-in-a-rush online crowd".
Old 09-09-2021, 10:14 AM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I do miss when they used to show the starters on offense and defense.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:20 AM   #5
MVP

I look at presentation when I first get the game but after awhile I just want to get to the game. I will say this is the most I have played the game in a long time without silencing the announcers. I am already tired of the finished the season announcement a game early though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2021, 10:37 AM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Needs work.

(1) We need more presentation.
(2) We need presentation and camera angles that duplicate broadcasts, rather than these "beyond broadcast" things.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:48 PM   #7
Rookie

blitz2kx's Arena

I like the pregame...thankfully they scrapped that stupid highlight reel Monday Night Raw looking thing they did last year. (Who the hell thought it was a good idea to show highlights for a game that hadn't even been played yet!!?)

But the QB intro/stats is awful...maybe it appeals to casuals but we want to see the damn lineups like a real broadcast.

Some of the other stuff is okay, but the player interaction on the sideline needs work...I always see offensive players arguing with defensive players on the sideline about a play. That literally would never happen.

Couple that with the fact there are now a TON of coaches who don't have they're likenesses in the game, and the entire package is incredibly immersion breaking.

The engine looks great, 120hz is beautiful on my Series X ..but they need to do better here.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:58 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
I never understood why they couldn't just include an option to have full-blown TV-style presentation with a "quick-play" option in the menu that turns this presentation off for those that want to skip through everything. I honestly even miss the break from the huddle and walk up to the line and always hated they took that out to cater to the "hurry-up-always-in-a-rush online crowd".
That was am option just a year or two ago. There was a standard presentation option and a quick presentation option. Unfortunately this was only an option for Play Now games. It may still be there, I honestly don't remember if it is or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »