Home

Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-12-2021, 01:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Impressions Thread Xbox Series X/S

This is the best the broadcast presentation has been with this entire commentary crew, I think it's been 5 years now.

The new pre-pre-game flow is perfect. By far better than the ones we had last year (long as hell and boring) and the years prior (too repetitive). This one is around 20 seconds, and much more specific lines than before. And it's dynamic! For example, (in franchise) as the Dolphins, first time I played the Bills, it mentioned they had a 5 game win streak against the Dolphins, and they won that game. Second time I played them? It mentioned the streak was up to 6 wins! That impressed me. Seems a lot of commentary work went into the new pre-game flow. It also integrates next-gen stats, which is nice.

The halftime show is also slightly expanded with some new lines about the actual game you're playing, after the "around the league" look. It also has some next-gen stats integration.

Overall, it's a very cohesive broadcast package. Lots of subtle improvements (for example, ref audio is finally updated, and it sounds like it's really coming from the stadium speakers). The new crowd reaction shots are varied and well integrated. Also, this year's generic production track music has a lo-fi hip hop feel, which I can jive with.

Last edited by YabaDaba; 08-12-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:52 PM   #10
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

Played one game of default All-Madden with the Texans (no Watson) in franchise to see how a "bad" team plays. Got my butt kicked by Trevor Lawrence and the Jags but offense was too powerful on both sides, will have to tweak with sliders but All-Madden default wasn't overly cheesy.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:53 PM   #11
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

X/S played exhibition Bills (me) vs Lions on default All Madden

Really enjoyed it, definitely more refined and overall a much better flow to the overall game play and presentation. AM defaults seem good so far, pass rush was there, passing game was great and Jared Goff made some flat out misses. Penalties will need to maxed as usual.

Image quality vs performance mode - played a half on each setting and my TV is 4k HDR 60Hz, I didn't really notice much of a difference, cut scenes maybe smoother on PM. Probably those with 120Hz TV's will notice the most difference. I'll keep it on IQ mode for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 01:54 PM   #12
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh13king
Played one game of default All-Madden with the Texans (no Watson) in franchise to see how a "bad" team plays. Got my butt kicked by Trevor Lawrence and the Jags but offense was too powerful on both sides, will have to tweak with sliders but All-Madden default wasn't overly cheesy.
is All Madden brutal hard or just hard ?
Old 08-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #13
Rookie

There's really not even a boost in the graphics at all? I can't play for a few more hours, but I could've swore someone said the HDR integration was better. What about the lighting during a night game? Sometimes times it seemed waaaay too dark in 21.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:01 PM   #14
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
X/S played exhibition Bills (me) vs Lions on default All Madden

Really enjoyed it, definitely more refined and overall a much better flow to the overall game play and presentation. AM defaults seem good so far, pass rush was there, passing game was great and Jared Goff made some flat out misses. Penalties will need to maxed as usual.

Image quality vs performance mode - played a half on each setting and my TV is 4k HDR 60Hz, I didn't really notice much of a difference, cut scenes maybe smoother on PM. Probably those with 120Hz TV's will notice the most difference. I'll keep it on IQ mode for now.

Only people with 120fps screens will notice the difference. I tried both and performance is definitely a lot smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2021, 02:02 PM   #15
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Is anyone elses preorder bonus Staff pts not showing up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 02:03 PM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
Only people with 120fps screens will notice the difference. I tried both and performance is definitely a lot smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, I did read that X/S M22 will run at 120fps so lucky for people like you with TV's that have 120Hz.

Game is still smooth though so I'm not complaining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »