Home

Things the AI doesn't do

This is a discussion on Things the AI doesn't do within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-30-2021, 09:19 PM   #25
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Things the AI doesn't do

Its MUT it has messed madden up, haaaa i respect those who play MUT but madden and EA gets sooo focused on MUT and they think players who actually control their players and play the games dont care what the AI does, as long as the user is happy putting up 50 pts per game and 500 yards to look cool.....

remember how much use to be in madden franchises before mut and online play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2021, 12:10 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
On purpose or coincidentally? I've never one time see the CPU go out of their way to stop the clock. I've had to burn 100 timeouts over 5 years of franchise because if I don't they'll stay in bounds and let the clock run out when they could have easily stepped out of bounds.

I'd love to be wrong, but in 100's of games I've literally not one time see the CPU go out of bounds without it being an animation that coincidentally made them go out, e.g. a broken tackle animation making them go out of bounds when they were trying to cut up field and were staying in bounds. Not one time have I ever seen them catch a pass and then forgo extra yardage and step out to stop the clock. If a tackle didn't take them out of bounds, they'll never go out in my experience. I've literally used more timeouts to aid the CPU in those situations than I've used for myself in all of those games.

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if someone can show some proof the CPU will go out of bounds to stop the clock on purpose because I've literally not seen it once in 100's of games.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I've only played about 5 games so far, but a couple have come down to the final minute and a couple had the CPU trying to drive the field in the final seconds of the 1st half.

I've still not seen the CPU make an effort to get out of bounds to stop the clock. I still have to use my timeouts to assist them because when they have no timeouts and there is 20 seconds left they'll catch a pass and have a clear path OOB, but they'll cut up field and fight for more yards and get tackled in bounds.

I don't know why my experience would be different than what others are claiming happens, but in 100s of current gen games and now a handful of next gen games I have not seen one single instance of the CPU going out of bounds to stop the clock on purpose.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-25-2024, 02:11 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm bumping this. Has anything changed since this post?

Does anyone have a list of the things the CPU does utilize in gameplay

For example, I know they audible and use coaching adjustments.

Does anyone know if they use defensive adjustments (shade underneath, overtop etc.) or, if the slide protection on offense?
Old 03-25-2024, 05:58 AM   #28
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Using a hurry up offense when not in a 2 minute drill. If I come out in dime and the CPU comes out in a heavy package then they should use hurry up to take advantage or at least force me to burn a TO.

Four minute offense when down by 2 scores at the end of the game. They don't play with a sense of urgency since onside recoveries are so rare. Usually it takes all the tension out of the late game against the CPU since they'll use so much time before the 2 minute warning.

Hurdling. The CPU never uses this move or even back jukes.

My number one thing is scenarios. They should be available to the CPU for league balance. As well as gameplanning. It should be random for the CPU. It's so easy to get a competitive advantage on and off the field.

5th year options.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
They actually added a few of these in the last few years. They actually run hurry up when behind before the 2 minute warning. They have 5th year options again. They use game planning as well. I do see the CPU hurdle every once in a while.

But 3 years later scenarios are still the biggest detriment to franchise longevity vs cpu.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2024, 11:20 AM   #29
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I’m pretty sure it was stated a long time ago that the cpu doesn’t use anything the players have access to.

Lead passing is another one
I'd like to push back on this just a tad. Now this could be totally cosmetic; but, if you hook up 2 controllers at the team select screen in Franchise, and just say select a uniform and then put the controller back to the middle, then choose the other team as the User team, and then go into Play The Moments and set it up to just watch the game, you'll find that the Total Control Reticle shows up for both AI QB's. It changes colors based on the accuracy of the throw just as it would for the User.

Now, I admit that it's possible that it has nothing to do with the AI QB being able to lead or throw open an AI receiver; but it's interesting nonetheless that this is visible to see when viewing CPU v CPU.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:33 AM   #30
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

OVR: 0

I've seen the AI go out of bounds to save time when time is running out on numerous occasions. Just in the past 2 weeks, I've seen Anthony Richardson and Jordan Love injured in game. All pro and No slider tweaks.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:40 AM   #31
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

I didn't even realize this thread was a few years old, but yes the AI has changed a bit since then. Some good thing like the cpu using hurry up offense, and they audible out of plays a lot at the LOS which is something. There's some things though they don't still do such as sprint when they see open field, or times where I see the cpu qb running to the sidelines and he could of easily got a few yards if not a first down but instead threw the ball away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2024, 07:55 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes, things have changed.

CPU uses skill based passing, they now audible, hot route, and flip plays, they definitely run-commit at times (so I assume they also pass commit from time to time), etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »