Home

Help me make a legitimate trade to start my franchise!

This is a discussion on Help me make a legitimate trade to start my franchise! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-18-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help me make a legitimate trade to start my franchise!

I want to start a franchise as the Vikings, but hate Kirk Cousins... my favorite types of QBs are read option, as I prefer the college game. I plan on changing the offensive playbook as well.

Two questions:

Whats a good, fair trade to acquire the type of QB I want and get rid of cousins? I don’t want to lose Cook, Thielen or Jefferson. Anything else is fair game as long as it’s realistic.

Whats the most realistic offensive playbook to swap to considering the Vikings pieces and your newt suggested QB?

Edit: I know Cousins is locked up for big money, and is something to keep in mind.

Last edited by trustandfall; 12-18-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2020, 10:14 PM   #2

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Help me make a legitimate trade to start my franchise!

Realistically nobody will trade for Cousins because of his contract. And if it did happen you’d likely have to give up a couple real good players to sweeten the pot and it would be a salary dump for you. You wouldn’t be getting anything major in return. So basically seeking a trade for Cousins isn’t worth it or realistic. Either let him play out the contract, or draft a QB and bench him. This is if you want things to be realistic.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 12-18-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
Realistically nobody will trade for Cousins because of his contract. And if it did happen you’d likely have to give up a couple real good players to sweeten the pot and it would be a salary dump for you. You wouldn’t be getting anything major in return. So basically seeking a trade for Cousins isn’t worth it or realistic. Either let him play out the contract, or draft a QB and bench him.
Thinking about just putting him on the trade block and seeing what I can get.

Honestly, I think that's something a lot of Vikings fans would do if they were given the keys to the team.

Alright, let me rephrase the question then... If Minnesota wanted to move to a read option style offense, with its current pieces, who would be a good "under the radar" target quarterback to acquire? I'm not talking Lamar, Mahomes, etc. I'm talking about a possible back up somewhere right now, or even a young guy that isn't working out in his current situation.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:24 PM   #4

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustandfall
Thinking about just putting him on the trade block and seeing what I can get.

Honestly, I think that's something a lot of Vikings fans would do if they were given the keys to the team.

Alright, let me rephrase the question then... If Minnesota wanted to move to a read option style offense, with its current pieces, who would be a good "under the radar" target quarterback to acquire? I'm not talking Lamar, Mahomes, etc. I'm talking about a possible back up somewhere right now, or even a young guy that isn't working out in his current situation.
Maybe a Marcus Mariota could fit into that role assuming you believe the Raiders are committed to Carr long term and are not planning to give Mariota a chance to revive his career like Tannehill did in Tennessee.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Put him on the block and the best offer I got was from the Pats.
2022 2nd
2021 6th
2022 7th

Going to take it and shop for a realistic QB addition for my vision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2020, 12:12 AM   #6
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Vikings fan here, would not get rid of Cousins.

I think you have three four options:

1. Sim the first season (the Vikings always lose a lot when you sim) and draft a quarterback.

2. Revitalize an older player's career (RG III, Kaepernick, Taylor, or Marita.)

3. Trade for a young QB that is not a cornerstone at this time (Brissett, Driskel, Hundley, or my homer pick, McSorely.)

4. Bring back the man, the myth, the legend, Teddy B.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-19-2020, 02:01 AM   #7
Rookie

As others have said you can’t trade Cousins because of the accelerated signing bonus cap hit, they extended him before the season. Realistically he’s untradeable and trading him would absolutely destroy their cap situation. They could realistically draft a QB though. Probably not first round though. Your best bet would probably be to suck hard for your first two seasons and then draft a QB high in the 2022 draft.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:44 PM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Realistically no one would take him.

The cap hit would also be big for you so you may as well keep him and try and trade a late round pick for your ideal quarterback type to be a stop gap.

Having played and simmed with the Vikings in m20 I will tell you their cap situation is horrendous at the end of the first year. Trading him makes that worse.

I would tank 2020 season and draft a QB high in the draft and let Cousins ride the bench and be a good back up for you.

Currently Playing:

EA College Football 25 (PS5)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »