Home

Sim Play and Franchise fans. It is time to make a stand

This is a discussion on Sim Play and Franchise fans. It is time to make a stand within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #1
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

It is time to vote with your wallet. If you are a fan of simulation play and franchise mode, enough is enough at this point. The game has not only clearly moved completely to MUT play but they have also consistently lied to us to keep us hooked for more info. EA continuously says they know how important franchise mode is, wait until the future they say. Well the future never arrives.

Assuming there is no major secret franchise reveal, I plan on boycotting Madden 21, and I would advise others like me to do the same.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sim Play and Franchise fans. It is time to make a stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
It is time to vote with your wallet. If you are a fan of simulation play and franchise mode, enough is enough at this point. The game has not only clearly moved completely to MUT play but they have also consistently lied to us to keep us hooked for more info. EA continuously says they know how important franchise mode is, wait until the future they say. Well the future never arrives.

Assuming there is no major secret franchise reveal, I plan on boycotting Madden 21, and I would advise others like me to do the same.
Unfortunately it won’t ever matter any more. MUT is the way, it makes more money than if everyone who actually boycotts bought the game twice. The competitive twitch community who loves the game will keep drawing in fans with new subscribers and paid videos.

Franchise mode sim football is dead and it has been for a while. Our only hope is that critic actually start rating the game poorly and NFLs ears perk up when they hear something baring their shield is being trashed by the general public.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:36 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Two things giving me some hope are that they didn't mention anything new for MUT and they didn't even talk about SS KO, which was their new casual player obsession this year. We know those modes will be in the game and get some updates, so i'm sure we'll get sick new features for CFM like a fresh looking backgrounds, or enhanced in-game MUT alerts in franchise
Old 06-16-2020, 11:36 AM   #4
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Obviously if the Madden team makes an announcement to a boatload of wonderful updates Franchise mode is also getting, I'll change my tune.

But so far, I've heard nothing about anything new coming our way with regards to that, so it's a no from me. New "scenarios" or X-Factor abilities aren't going to be enough to draw this CFM-exclusive player back.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:39 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Does anyone around here follow movie news? Familiar with the #releasethesnydercut campaign? Madden needs something like that...an official hashtag for fans to rally around, a hashtag battle cry that floods every EA post and news release. While we're at it, flood the NFL's posts with it too. It took 3 years, but the Snyder Cut of the Justice League movie is finally being released next year. Maybe we can do the same for Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

Last edited by therealsmallville; 06-16-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 11:46 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I've already decided to sit out Madden again this year unless significant changes are made to franchise mode (very unlikely). Last year I ended up buying Madden used around October or November.

Maybe I'll do the same this year, but I'm damn sure not buying it new and at launch.

I'm fed up with EA
Old 06-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #7
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Two things giving me some hope are that they didn't mention anything new for MUT and they didn't even talk about SS KO, which was their new casual player obsession this year. We know those modes will be in the game and get some updates, so i'm sure we'll get sick new features for CFM like a fresh looking backgrounds, or enhanced in-game MUT alerts in franchise
Seems like that's the line every year, "wait and see, I'm sure there are some announcements they have up their sleeve" but they never arrive.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Seems like that's the line every year, "wait and see, I'm sure there are some announcements they have up their sleeve" but they never arrive.
Yep, its the same routine each year.

The next part of that is after they mention the underwhelming improvements they did make to franchise, the line will be "just wait, yes it is underwhelming now but think of the ways they can improve it, at least there is potential"

See last year and the scenario engine

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »