Home

Help picking a team - CFM

This is a discussion on Help picking a team - CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help picking a team - CFM

My friends and I are going to start a CFM and I am torn on picking a team. I don't want an overpowered team. I am looking for a team, probably in the middle ratings wise, that I can build into a power house.

I was looking at the Colts as they have a lot of draft picks, but I don't love their jerseys.

Giants seem fun but they seem like a bigger project, but Saquon seems fun.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 10:00 AM   #2
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Re: Help picking a team - CFM

Bills. They are almost there and they have tons of cap next season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #3
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Lions. Middle of the pack team but definitely on their way down.

Been having a blast with them. Their defensive scheme is weird and they have an awful Cap situation and with Marvin Jones, Kenny Golladay, and Slay all up for paydays, you’ve got to be reallly smart.

Hockenson and Kerryon are studs to pair with your receivers and the OL is solid.

It’s a bit of an up and down team
Old 02-04-2020, 11:16 AM   #4
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Need more context because you could legitimately make a case for all 32 teams unless you have certain parameters...

- Are you actually playing games or just simming?
- Do you want a franchise QB already in place or one you want to secure through FA/Draft?
- Do you want a ton of cap room or literally nothing?
- Are you trying to win next year or a few years down the road?

Like I said, you can make a case for every single franchise, yes, even Kansas City & San Francisco.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Need more context because you could legitimately make a case for all 32 teams unless you have certain parameters...

- Are you actually playing games or just simming?
- Do you want a franchise QB already in place or one you want to secure through FA/Draft?
- Do you want a ton of cap room or literally nothing?
- Are you trying to win next year or a few years down the road?

Like I said, you can make a case for every single franchise, yes, even Kansas City & San Francisco.
I can help with your questions.

- I am playing every game, except preseason
- I would prefer to have a QB
- Prefer cap room, doesn't need to be a ton but I would like to have some flexibility with the cap
- Win in the next few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #6
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan15
I can help with your questions.

- I am playing every game, except preseason
- I would prefer to have a QB
- Prefer cap room, doesn't need to be a ton but I would like to have some flexibility with the cap
- Win in the next few years.

This is in no particular order...

Tennessee Titans
Tannehill isn't a top QB in the league, but he's also likely pretty good value for what he's going to bring. You have a franchise HB, a possible WR1 in AJ Brown, a solid defense, and enough cap room to upgrade a couple of positions like the pass rush. The AFC South presents a pretty tough challenge because Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and especially Houston, are all going to be tough to beat. I'd take Tennessee over the aforementioned three because Jacksonville has no cap room and Houston doesn't have a first rounder. Indianapolis is a good secondary option, but I like the Titans more.

Denver Broncos
Aging defense, but it's still really solid. Drew Lock looks like a franchise guy & upgrading weapons with 58 million & a top 15 pick is always fun. The big kicker here is playing in the AFC West with the Super Bowl Champions and the Chargers. The Raiders are, well, the Raiders, but still a tough team to beat twice a year. Denver is a team I'd honestly consider for my own CFM.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Stellar offensive weapons, a sneaky good defense, and an opportunity to take over the NFC South. New Orleans isn't as good as people think, especially with Brees on the verge of retirement. Carolina is in a bit of a holding pattern and Atlanta's defense will always hold their offense back. Tampa has a ton of cap space which means you can make the big decision on Winston and be fine in either direction. Personally, I'd keep him, the grass isn't always greener. Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and pickup a HB like Austin Ekeler? Oh my gosh. Plus you can fill some holes with your draft pick and cap space. The Buccs are a legit team for 2020 no matter who's behind Center.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:44 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Tampa and Denver are really good ones. Great stadiums and uni's too.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:18 PM   #8
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

I’m doing one where I moved the Raiders to Vegas and I traded Carr for a couple draft picks. I drafted a franchise QB in round 1 of the draft and thankfully he turned out to have “Superstar.”

So I got a great and very young QB and HB as I have Richards and my Rookie QB. The Raiders also had almost $40 mil in cap room after year 1 to play with.

I dumped Gruden for a generated coach as his contract was RIDICULOUS. Easy money savings.

Being in the division with KC is TOUGH though. Gonna be several more years and drafts before I am decent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »