Home

Help me pick a franchise team

This is a discussion on Help me pick a franchise team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
Rookie

Zmurkz's Arena

OVR: 0
Help me pick a franchise team

Title.

I'm struggling to pick a team and stick with them. Anyone got any good recommendations? I'm not against any team. How do you guys decide what team to use each year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 12:34 PM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Re: Help me pick a franchise team

First I would ask what makes you not stick with them?

In deciding a team, there are multiple factors to consider.

Do you want a rebuild?

To win right away?

Do you like the uniforms/stadium?

Do you like the team?

Do you like the players? Can you get good story lines?

Do you want to play your favorite team?

Do you not want to play your favorite team in division?

There are a lot of factors that go into this. You have to ask yourself what you are looking for in a franchise team then go from there.

Currently Playing:

EA College Football 25 (PS5)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-27-2019, 12:44 PM   #3
MVP

If your not going to just play your favorite team the first thing you have to do is decide what you want.

Contender/rebuild/blah- would you rather have a team in contention or a team that needs a rebuild in your image. You could also have a middle of the pack team missing a few pieces. Rebuilds in madden are pretty easy but require time. Keeping a great team great is a bit harder as salary cap issues raise their head and hard decisions made. Your players improve more as a contender because you get training every week you are alive in the playoff's. Do you want to play with superstars or make superstars.

Scheme- what offensive and defensive schemes do you like. Run heavy, pass heavy, power, bombs down field. If you pick a contender and try to change them to a different schem it is a crime against humanity. If you are rebuilding you can change scheme the first year as part of the process.

The other big consideration for me is who do i want to be as qb. Do i want to take over someone's career or take over an averave guy for the first year and get somebody in tbe draft.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #4
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Laundry. It’s all about the uniforms. Which speak to you? Raiders black and silver? Dolphins aqua green and orange? Vikings purple? Giants blue? No question is more important.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #5
Rookie

dudeitszoltan's Arena

If you wanna go the rebuilding route, Dolphins are far and away the best for this in Madden 20. I've never seen a team with orange box ratings when loading up Franchise. Most sims I've never seen them win more than 3 games. And they have 3 first round picks and 11 picks total I think (I don't trade for picks). Easily the best blank slate team to start with. Plus the model of Brian Flores almost reminds me of Terry Crews, so I tend to keep him as coach. Not to mention Hard Rock Stadium is poorly rated and you can rebuild after 2 or 3 years if you want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 01:41 PM   #6
Rookie

ICE_790120q's Arena

I play a 32 team CFM and try to pace the NFL season. After the current season ends I carry on with my favorite team the Bills.

That way I get to experience all teams, keep it real without moving to far ahead. For some reason it just doesn't work for me to see say Drew Brees becoming FA and signing with [Insert random team], but that its just me.

If I were go go with a one team CFM, I would/could only do it with my favorite team the Bills. Again I could not see me choosing a team that I don't root for.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitszoltan
If you wanna go the rebuilding route, Dolphins are far and away the best for this in Madden 20. I've never seen a team with orange box ratings when loading up Franchise. Most sims I've never seen them win more than 3 games. And they have 3 first round picks and 11 picks total I think (I don't trade for picks). Easily the best blank slate team to start with. Plus the model of Brian Flores almost reminds me of Terry Crews, so I tend to keep him as coach. Not to mention Hard Rock Stadium is poorly rated and you can rebuild after 2 or 3 years if you want
Depends on if you want a challenging rebuild in terms of the roster management and building the roster. Yea on the field the Dolphins are going to be a tough team to use. But for team building it's like playing GM easy mode, you already have cap space and draft capital for days. Yea it will still take time to build but the means to do it are already there for you.

I feel like one of the harder rebuilds will be the Raiders, yea they have two firsts in the 2020 draft but beyond that just their normal picks. Plus they have less cap space and more bad veteran contracts to figure out. The Giants would also be a fun one to rebuild, a decent amount of cap space and the ability to build around an RB like Saquon Barkley.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2019, 02:08 PM   #8
Rookie

I have 3 going. Vikings (favorite team), Bills (Like the pieces as a "rebuild", or in the Bills case, build in the first place), and a fantasy draft Chargers (those powder blues, and I'll move them back to SD after a year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »