Home

What difficulty?

This is a discussion on What difficulty? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-15-2019, 07:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
What difficulty?

I am sick and tired of sliders for sporting games so basically since 2k17 I have decided to simply play games out the box. Curious to know how you guys feel about out the box settings this year? Currently on default All-Pro and I am seeing mixed results. In my Panthers chise one game I put up about 78 points and I thought "Oh My God, All Pro is too easy", but then the next game I won in OT. Idk about you guys, but I like that kind of randomness not knowing what I will get from game to game instead of making sliders to make the game more challenging... almost an Any Given Sunday feel. Are guys going default this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 08:01 AM   #2
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
I am sick and tired of sliders for sporting games so basically since 2k17 I have decided to simply play games out the box. Curious to know how you guys feel about out the box settings this year? Currently on default All-Pro and I am seeing mixed results. In my Panthers chise one game I put up about 78 points and I thought "Oh My God, All Pro is too easy", but then the next game I won in OT. Idk about you guys, but I like that kind of randomness not knowing what I will get from game to game instead of making sliders to make the game more challenging... almost an Any Given Sunday feel. Are guys going default this year?
All-pro is definitely more difficult than last year but still not challenging enough. Skill wise I've always been in a weird area where all-pro is to easy and I would win every game with any team, but all-madden is just a little to difficult where even with a dominant team I'll win a few games but probably end up with a losing record every season. Then I started playing in an online league, and competitively again more often, now as my skills get sharper again from this all-madden is the right skill level for me. The only problem is you still have games where robo QB runs rampant on all madden so I'm going to have to start looking at slider sets and tweaking them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
All-pro is definitely more difficult than last year but still not challenging enough. Skill wise I've always been in a weird area where all-pro is to easy and I would win every game with any team, but all-madden is just a little to difficult where even with a dominant team I'll win a few games but probably end up with a losing record every season. Then I started playing in an online league, and competitively again more often, now as my skills get sharper again from this all-madden is the right skill level for me. The only problem is you still have games where robo QB runs rampant on all madden so I'm going to have to start looking at slider sets and tweaking them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That’s my issue. But my thing is with All Madden I don’t want to feel cheated simply for the CPU to compete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #4
Rookie

I'm struggling with the same thing. I'm on default all-pro, while most games seem easy, I will run into a few where the cpu just totally shuts me down. However, I switch to all-madden and no one can tackle for crap. Stuck.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #5
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
That’s my issue. But my thing is with All Madden I don’t want to feel cheated simply for the CPU to compete
Default All-Madden is probably at the best spot it's been at in a really long time. It just feels really well balanced and much less "cheaty" than last year. There's still some wonkiness with really poor AI and things like hit sticks and QB accuracy are still issues in my opinion but at this point last year I was extremely frustrated with how the game was playing on All-Madden but it feels really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Default All-Madden is probably at the best spot it's been at in a really long time. It just feels really well balanced and much less "cheaty" than last year. There's still some wonkiness with really poor AI and things like hit sticks and QB accuracy are still issues in my opinion but at this point last year I was extremely frustrated with how the game was playing on All-Madden but it feels really good.

I’ll try an exhibition tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 09:35 AM   #7
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I played on pretty much AP defaults with M19. I was going to try a game on AM this year to see how it plays.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #8
Pro

Maybe others will feel differently.

Personally... I don't even know what the sliders do anymore. To help offset the terrible pass coverage, I dropped AI passing and AI catching to like 35 on All Madden and I swear I am not even seeing anything.

On all pro, I dropped AI run blocking to 30 and I'd swear that the AI ran the ball less. I wanted to test it out but it was getting late. But honestly, I don't even know whats going on with this game any more lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »