Home

Mattanite's M20 Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Mattanite's M20 Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-07-2019, 11:33 AM   #17
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Geodude's M20 Franchise Tips

any chance of getting a list of each team's default schemes?
Old 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM   #18
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
any chance of getting a list of each team's default schemes?
Responded in Q&A, but as you asked, I'll add it later today.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 3

Geodude, really appreciate the guide. This is great stuff!

I'm about to do a fantasy draft CFM with 6 of my buddies, and would appreciate your input. Specifically, your thoughts on the viability of building around one of the rookie QBs, and preferably Haskins.

If you're not familiar with how the fantasy draft fall out, check out this Google doc. You'll see there's a huge run on CBs and WRs early. I'd like to get Baker or Watson in Round 1, but if they're gone by my pick, I'm thinking of punting on QB early, taking an elite WR in round 1, one of the SS safeties in round 2 (Adams/Neal) and then the best available CB in round 3 (likely Jaire Alexander).

My thought is if I give Haskins enough weapons, starting with a really good WR in the first, he'll be in a position to succeed, win ROTY, develop with gold training each week, and ideally progress to SS by the end of year 1.

Is that fair, or am I better off taking the likes of Lamar/Wentz/Goff or even Cam/Wilson in round 2, if Baker/Watson are gone round 1?

FYI - we'll probably play 3-5 seasons this launch.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 08-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #20
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Geodude, really appreciate the guide. This is great stuff!

I'm about to do a fantasy draft CFM with 6 of my buddies, and would appreciate your input. Specifically, your thoughts on the viability of building around one of the rookie QBs, and preferably Haskins.

If you're not familiar with how the fantasy draft fall out, check out this Google doc. You'll see there's a huge run on CBs and WRs early. I'd like to get Baker or Watson in Round 1, but if they're gone by my pick, I'm thinking of punting on QB early, taking an elite WR in round 1, one of the SS safeties in round 2 (Adams/Neal) and then the best available CB in round 3 (likely Jaire Alexander).

My thought is if I give Haskins enough weapons, starting with a really good WR in the first, he'll be in a position to succeed, win ROTY, develop with gold training each week, and ideally progress to SS by the end of year 1.

Is that fair, or am I better off taking the likes of Lamar/Wentz/Goff or even Cam/Wilson in round 2, if Baker/Watson are gone round 1?

FYI - we'll probably play 3-5 seasons this launch.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
I play a European 32-coach sim online CFM but have never done a fantasy draft (not my bag). But if you're asking me which young QBs I like as a ovr vs value thing, depends on scheme and build. Haskins is my favourite of the rookie passers (if you ignore my itch to take a rebuild team and trade for Tyree Jackson). Scramblers seem to get the short straw on QB abilities this madden and someone will reach on Murray I bet but Will Grier is a bargain backup and 1pt off Improviser.

But there's also value within the Sophemore QBs, Josh Allen is a unicorn that madden draft classes can't recreate, as is Lamar Jackson. Josh Rosen has great value for his accuracy too. These guys are still young enough to be on the new rapid pre-26 young xp arc yet already all start in the 70s.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #21
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Added existing Team Schemes and a commentary on the league breakdown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

How’s development this year ? Is it slower than last year or about the same ?
Old 08-08-2019, 05:05 PM   #23
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre74
How’s development this year ? Is it slower than last year or about the same ?
Player development has shifted, as explained in the main text. There's a new OVR spread, mostly affecting Rookies and Sophomores, but because they're vastly reduced in terms of starting OVR (and scouting grades shifted to reflect this too), they now earn rapid amounts of XP and so you can realistically gain 10+ Skill points in a season with a starting rookie! But once you hit that age 26 soft cap it slows down to "normal", and then your ovr generally plateaus at 29, the same in previous maddens. The regression for age 32+ players is pretty tough too (Seeing 7-9ovr drops end of season 1 for older players), so it's like the reverse of being a rookie.

Steep fast climb - steady same plateau - sharp fast drop

And as mentioned previously, scheme match XP is reduced by 80% which is actually great because it opens the draft and free agency up a little bit more, but players still develop nicely within the new OVR spread.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Player development has shifted, as explained in the main text. There's a new OVR spread, mostly affecting Rookies and Sophomores, but because they're vastly reduced in terms of starting OVR (and scouting grades shifted to reflect this too), they now earn rapid amounts of XP and so you can realistically gain 10+ Skill points in a season with a starting rookie! But once you hit that age 26 soft cap it slows down to "normal", and then your ovr generally plateaus at 29, the same in previous maddens. The regression for age 32+ players is pretty tough too (Seeing 7-9ovr drops end of season 1 for older players), so it's like the reverse of being a rookie.

Steep fast climb - steady same plateau - sharp fast drop

And as mentioned previously, scheme match XP is reduced by 80% which is actually great because it opens the draft and free agency up a little bit more, but players still develop nicely within the new OVR spread.

Excellent !!! Thanks my brother! This is shaping up to be a great year for madden !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »