Home

IF you could pick out one major issue in Madden that you wish could be fixed...

This is a discussion on IF you could pick out one major issue in Madden that you wish could be fixed... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #33
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: IF you could pick out one major issue in Madden that you wish could be fixed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
They’re related. In my eyes the problem is that everything is too shallow. The animation pool is still limited and the physics still leave a lot to be desired. Add to that the poor underlying code and it gives the game a very predictable feel.

Agree with all of this ..lack of appropriate animations and unrealistic physics especially ( particularly in the trenches ) but I'd use unnatural rather than predictable to sum up the 'feel'
Old 04-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #34
Just started!

Re: IF you could pick out one major issue in Madden that you wish could be fixed...

Something really easy and small but I would love to see is when viewing a player's career stats by year, add a 3 letter abbreviation for the team they played for that season. Makes no sense why it's not there. It was in every Madden up to Madden 13.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by busjibber
Something really easy and small but I would love to see is when viewing a player's career stats by year, add a 3 letter abbreviation for the team they played for that season. Makes no sense why it's not there. It was in every Madden up to Madden 13.
Its one of the ultimate facepalm moments I think. It was back when Ian was still creative director and they redesigned the player card interface. Someone rushed through it is the simple answer. They also forgot to display draft position. For some reason they were able to add that back in, albeit had to be under the awards tabs, but for whatever reason they can't simply add in team history without rewriting large chunks of code I guess.

Its kind of why I was skeptical of the "connected franchise" pitch from the start. They sold us on it by claiming they rewrote all the code from scratch and that the new code makes it extremely easy to add stuff in the future. But then we saw that they recycled the old player card interface and it made me wonder how much other code was recycled. Turns out it must be a lot because we are right back to hearing the old argument of unwieldy code.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 11:26 PM   #36
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Franchise Mode
Old 04-16-2019, 10:33 PM   #37
Rookie

a few things when picking plays the same sugestions come up on strategy when picking plays a better team coaching playbook of choices would be great for both user and cpu logic, when challenging a call the results are known before the referee anounces would like to not know until he tells you. bring back the chain gang. a true coaching mode where they do kicking and punting and more camera angles....
Old 04-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #38
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Streamline the player card by adding a stats tab to it. This would save a few button presses and give the player info faster. Also, display the players past teams, draft pick, and how many pro bowls made. I made a mockup of this:

Old 04-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #39
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Definitely interesting thread. I'm surprised some of the major issues are not even gameplay related, but old stat logs (nothing wrong with that).

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 04-17-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #40
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Defensive Depth Chart

Edge: RE in 4-3, ROLB in 3-4
3-Tech: DT1 in 4-3, RE in 3-4
Nose Tackle: DT2 in 4-3, DT1 in 3-4
Big End: LE
WILL: ROLB in 4-3, MLB2 in 3-4
MIKE: MLB1
SAM: LOLB
LCB: CB1
RCB:CB2
NB: NCB
FS: FS
SS: FS

This wouldn't be perfect. The one thing it doesn't account for is Khalil Mack type left-side edge rushers moving to 4-3 teams (Mack, for instance, would play RE for under teams, LE for over teams).

Orientation Options:
Ends (current RE/LE in 4-3, ROLB/LE in 3-4): Weak/Strong, Left/Right
Tackles (Current DT1-DT2 in 4-3, DT1-RE in 4-3): Weak/Strong, Left/Right
LBs (Current ROLB/LOLB in 4-3, LOLB/MLB2 in 3-4): Weak/Strong, Left/Right, Field/Boundary
CBs: By best WR, Left/Right, Weak/Strong, Field/Boundary
Safeties: Left/Right, Weak/Strong, Field/Boundary

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 04-17-2019 at 08:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »