Home

Rushing too easy

This is a discussion on Rushing too easy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2019, 09:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rushing too easy

Running is all of a sudden crazy easy. I’m using the Cowboys and my friend is using the Saints in our connected franchise, so we have two of the better O-Lines, but I am talking about being able to run for 400-500 yards per game if we want to. We play on all-madden with the run blocking slider at 25 and the computer tackling slider at 65. The speed threshold is at 15 I believe. Is there anything else I can do to maybe make it a bit harder?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 01:06 AM   #2
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Re: Rushing too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryon24
Running is all of a sudden crazy easy. I’m using the Cowboys and my friend is using the Saints in our connected franchise, so we have two of the better O-Lines, but I am talking about being able to run for 400-500 yards per game if we want to. We play on all-madden with the run blocking slider at 25 and the computer tackling slider at 65. The speed threshold is at 15 I believe. Is there anything else I can do to maybe make it a bit harder?
Seems you are using the speed threshold backwards.
The higher the speed threshold, the more it brings things equal. After one of the latest patches, it changed the threshold. 75 is now the default and 50 would be like it being on zero. So at 15 you have so the faster players are much faster than the slower guys. You made that gap bigger.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 01-02-2019 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:29 AM   #3
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Seems you are using the speed threshold backwards.
The higher the speed threshold, the more it brings things equal. After one of the latest patches, it changed the threshold. 75 is now the default and 50 would be like it being on zero. So at 15 you have so the faster players are much faster than the slower guys. You made that gap bigger.
Sorry I had to jump in and correct this as I've seen it posted multiple times (not just from yourself).

75 is not the default for speed threshold, it is simply the equivalent of the out of box default 50 threshold after the change. Any online game (outside CFM where it can be changed) has a default of 50 still which plays like 25 when comparing to the out of the box threshold.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
MVP

Outside runs are OP since force defenders are easily sealed off against most of the defensive formations in the game. If you want more of a challenge eliminate outside zone and tosses from your gameplan.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Outside runs are OP since force defenders are easily sealed off against most of the defensive formations in the game. If you want more of a challenge eliminate outside zone and tosses from your gameplan.
85% off my running yards are inside. Dives mainly. Not sure what goes on with me. I can't run outside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #6
Rookie

I actually run inside a lot with Zeke and get big gains. I like having the fast guys actually look faster and not get caught by slower guys, but I did move it to 25 to see if that helps. I never really looked at it as an advantage to the user, just to whichever team has the faster players. The Cowboys don’t have a lot of speed demons, nor do the Saints, so I thought it would help the CPU more than us.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC0RCH
85% off my running yards are inside. Dives mainly. Not sure what goes on with me. I can't run outside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
When I fail on an outside run it's usually the result of sprinting either too early or too late. Sometimes you'll need to sprint immediately to have a shot at beating the defense to the edge. Others you need to hold back so as not to outrun your blockers or induce sheds.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #8
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

The problem with low thresh (like 15 or 25) in the run game is two-fold:

Outside running: You can easily just burst outside as the defender pursuit ratings are essentially rendered moot by the low thresh.
Inside running: Your back is so fast (relative to linemen and most LBs) that he's through the hole at the LOS before a defender even has a chance to dis-engage. Once you're to the second level, even average stick skills can induce misses in the secondary and you're off to the races.

Even at 50 thresh, both of these are problematic (though not quite to the same degree).

Conversely, going to 75 thresh introduces the opposite problem (at least inside running) where the linemen have made the initial block and have started to disengage at the LOS before your back even gets to the hole while interior linemen responsible for picking up the LBs are 10 yards downfield.

Both extremes can work (to a degree) but require heavy slider modifications. If you don't want to adjust sliders heavily, a threshold around 65 provides a really good balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »