Home

Run and Shoot Guide

This is a discussion on Run and Shoot Guide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-02-2018, 07:32 AM   #17
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Run and Shoot Guide

Also, for those that see this thread... this is another reason EA needs to expand on the custom playbook feature. The "generic" PBs like R&S, WCO, etc. are not editable in any way, and the plays from those books are not accessible for new custom PBs when you create them.

This is extremely frustrating and considering how much people complain about small things, like sock colors and jersey trims.. is something that should be changed. There is no excuse for this despite excuses about "disc space"

Last edited by SnakeEyez; 11-02-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:32 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyez
Also, for those that see this thread... this is another reason EA needs to expand on the custom playbook feature. The "generic" PBs like R&S, WCO, etc. are not editable in any way, and the plays from those books are not accessible for new custom PBs when you create them.

This is extremely frustrating and considering how much people complain about small things, like sock colors and jersey trims.. is something that should be changed. There is no excuse for this despite excuses about "disc space"
Agreed! As someone whose first love offensively was the Bill Walsh system, I'm also a bit bitter that they took out the split-back Pro set entirely. It doesn't feel right having Near and Far but no Pro.

And we should be able to assign these in CFM, use formation subs, access the plays, the whole deal. It's too much of a niche interest, I think, to garner serious attention, but I'd love to see it done!
Old 11-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #19
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

What is the difference between the run 'n' shoot and run and gun playbooks in Madden 19? Since there is no "air raid" playbook, is either one of these closer to the air raid than the other? Or is there another Madden playbook that best emulates air raid?
Old 11-02-2018, 10:53 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
What is the difference between the run 'n' shoot and run and gun playbooks in Madden 19? Since there is no "air raid" playbook, is either one of these closer to the air raid than the other? Or is there another Madden playbook that best emulates air raid?
Neither replicates the airraid... I created one on PS4 thats uploaded on Madden share that is pretty close to what you're gonna get not including the RPOs...
Old 11-02-2018, 11:48 AM   #21
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Neither replicates the airraid... I created one on PS4 thats uploaded on Madden share that is pretty close to what you're gonna get not including the RPOs...
Oh man, that would be amazing. Can I find that on the PC version of Madden share?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
What is the difference between the run 'n' shoot and run and gun playbooks in Madden 19?
Run N Gun is a generic playbook that has a lot of interesting plays. I do not recall where the playbook came from. The Run N Shoot playbook is essentially the SMU Playbook from NCAA ported over to Madden like 5 or 6 years ago and not updated since. Run and Shoot is 4 wide only. Run N Gun has more options and is more varied.

Quote:
Since there is no "air raid" playbook, is either one of these closer to the air raid than the other? Or is there another Madden playbook that best emulates air raid?
I actually just finished up this guide for running the Air Raid out of the Run N Gun Playbook actually. It isn't perfect. He is right a custom playbook would be better, especially because a few concepts are not in this playbook as much as I'd like... but the Run N Gun playbook has a few plays not found in create a playbook so for me its worth dealing with it in the Run N Gun setup. What I like best about it is it sticks to X and Y being on the line of scrimmage. Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Philosopher0; 11-02-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:22 PM   #23
Rookie

Not sure how dead this thread is, but I was wondering how much of the RNS playbook everybody is using. In Philosopher's guide, it seems like he only runs out of Spread and Trips, and then audibles to the other for the motions. Is that how everybody else is reading it?
Old 04-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyez

Yeah. I am not sure what was the logic behind changing this to begin with. It doesn't make much sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »