Home

Advocating for the creation of a regulated "OS Madden Gameplay Issues" Thread

This is a discussion on Advocating for the creation of a regulated "OS Madden Gameplay Issues" Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Advocating for the creation of a regulated "OS Madden Gameplay Issues" Thread

Would be cool if the mods made a sticky thread with official issues that the community has agreed needs to be addressed.

A bulletin post with the top 10 most concerning issues that the OS community agrees needs fixing, would at least put a spotlight on major concerns that may becoming diluted in the bugs and fixes thread.

A thread with monthly updates to the top gameplay issues, would really aid both the gamers/slider makers, as well as the EA developers that survey the forum for info/issues.

Instead of a bunch of posts buried throughout the pages of a thread, maybe a few mods combined with some reputable OS members could have discussions about the top issues plaguing madden, assess the OS communities main issues, and then come to a collective agreement about issues that need some looking into.

I wholeheartedly feel this would go a long way in seeing that our voices are heard, while also keeping the OS community at peace and in order.

Example:
OS Madden Gameplay Issues

1.Safety Awareness Logic On Deep Zone Coverage
Safeties playing too far deep in their zones on passing plays. Tuning the logic to allow safeties to help in coverage before breaking deep, unless a receiver is going deep

2.Overpowered Block Shedding
Block Shedding too quickly results in a win/loss coin toss situation at the line of scrimmage which favors the D-Line too heavily. Slightly increasing the time before disengagement would help remedy this issue

3.Tackling Aggression Too High
Defenders doing too many WWE style tackles and the tackling radius may need to be brought down in order to allow more separation in the open field for athletic players

A top 10 list like this along with some quick notes about the specific issues at that current time, would help tremendously in helping get madden where it needs to be.

If the MUT community can be heard, so can the sim community, so long as we organize our issues in one concise order and from there, the EA developers may have a reference point from a reputable gamer's perspective that they can always fall back on in order to improve gameplay elements as they need be.

I am not advocating for a "Top 10 Madden Wishlist" Thread. All i ask is for a thread that can help the developers along the way as they patch and tune the game.

Legacy issues are not important, we just have to pray EA addresses them. As far as gameplay elements, i feel we can have an enormous influence on the direction of the gameplay if we were to have a concise and easy to follow list of gameplay issues that are plaguing the most Sim Madden community on the web!

Our top OS contributers combined with the regulation of a few mods, we could at least bring our issues to the table. After that, it would be in the hands of EA Sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Advocating for the creation of a regulated "OS Madden Gameplay Issues" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
Would be cool if the mods made a sticky thread with official issues that the community has agreed needs to be addressed.

A bulletin post with the top 10 most concerning issues that the OS community agrees needs fixing, would at least put a spotlight on major concerns that may becoming diluted in the bugs and fixes thread.

A thread with monthly updates to the top gameplay issues, would really aid both the gamers/slider makers, as well as the EA developers that survey the forum for info/issues.

Instead of a bunch of posts buried throughout the pages of a thread, maybe a few mods combined with some reputable OS members could have discussions about the top issues plaguing madden, assess the OS communities main issues, and then come to a collective agreement about issues that need some looking into.

I wholeheartedly feel this would go a long way in seeing that our voices are heard, while also keeping the OS community at peace and in order.

Example:
OS Madden Gameplay Issues

1.Safety Awareness Logic On Deep Zone Coverage
Safeties playing too far deep in their zones on passing plays. Tuning the logic to allow safeties to help in coverage before breaking deep, unless a receiver is going deep

2.Overpowered Block Shedding
Block Shedding too quickly results in a win/loss coin toss situation at the line of scrimmage which favors the D-Line too heavily. Slightly increasing the time before disengagement would help remedy this issue

3.Tackling Aggression Too High
Defenders doing too many WWE style tackles and the tackling radius may need to be brought down in order to allow more separation in the open field for athletic players

A top 10 list like this along with some quick notes about the specific issues at that current time, would help tremendously in helping get madden where it needs to be.

If the MUT community can be heard, so can the sim community, so long as we organize our issues in one concise order and from there, the EA developers may have a reference point from a reputable gamer's perspective that they can always fall back on in order to improve gameplay elements as they need be.

I am not advocating for a "Top 10 Madden Wishlist" Thread. All i ask is for a thread that can help the developers along the way as they patch and tune the game.

Legacy issues are not important, we just have to pray EA addresses them. As far as gameplay elements, i feel we can have an enormous influence on the direction of the gameplay if we were to have a concise and easy to follow list of gameplay issues that are plaguing the most Sim Madden community on the web!

Our top OS contributers combined with the regulation of a few mods, we could at least bring our issues to the table. After that, it would be in the hands of EA Sports.
Actually a good idea my man it would help in providing a clear, concise, and constructive voice in the community.As long as the thread doesn't deviate it sounds great!!!..Kudos
Old 10-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Advocating for the creation of a regulated "OS Madden Gameplay Issues" Thread

Not only would I be okay w/ this, I'd also like to see DeuceDouglas' Franchise Mode: A Rebuild thread he created 2 years ago stickied. He put too much work into that thread -- and w/ it being so popular -- for it to just disappear on the back pages. It's one of the best -- if not the best -- write up on OS in years.

But another reason why I'd like Deuce's thread stickied? Because that one thread could be a hub for any and all Franchise-related issues/complaints, just like your "gameplay thread" idea could be a hub for any and all gameplay complaints. Plus, we'd be able to keep track of the changes they make/don't make.

They'd both cut down on threads about gameplay and CFM by giving us a go-to, just like the Impressions thread and others. So long as people are respectful like they need to be in any other thread, I feel this could only help OS -- and EA -- more than it would hurt.

Last edited by bigd51; 10-18-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

So would someone present a topic that gets responded too for a certain time period?..
Old 10-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

My question is: Is there really that many new topics that need to be merged together? There really isn't that much activity on here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Before Madden 19 launched, there was a lot of discussion about reducing the number of stickies on the forum. In particular, increasing the number of stickies gets in the way on mobile (especially Tapatalk and the OS app). Adding more stickies is a step backwards from that decision. Aside from that - while I personally don't dictate forum policy on this, I generally dislike "magnet" threads anyway.

It's my general opinion that the most pressing issues with a given year's Madden game tend to spawn off their own threads anyway. How much the community cares about an issue in the game is indicated by how long its corresponding thread hangs around. For example (it's not a gameplay tuning issue so the example is slightly off, but): the offline franchise save corruption issue is probably the single biggest remaining outright bug in this year's game. That issue has its own thread, that thread stays relevant organically because that issue obviously affects a significant number of people, and it affects all those people the same way (people can disagree about more subjective things such as "overpowered block shedding"; whether a game save will or will not load is a far more discrete observation).

Finally, I don't think that a text forum is the most effective way to rank "ten most concerning gameplay issues" or "top ten wishlist items". That would be better suited for a platform with some sort of voting support, which could rank issues using numbers and would require less maintenance from a human being. Unfortunately, the OS forums have no such ranking functionality. If someone wanted to create and maintain a ranked list of Madden issues elsewhere and link to it, that might be more effective.

All that said, we'll talk about it.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #7
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

EA probably cant or wont prioritize sim until they can make money after the initial purchase. Thats just how games are these days. It may take some time but they'll find out eventually how to monetize it.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:40 PM   #8
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
EA probably cant or wont prioritize sim until they can make money after the initial purchase. Thats just how games are these days. It may take some time but they'll find out eventually how to monetize it.
I'm not giving them any ideas but this would be remarkably easy to do as well. It falls short in that there is no need to since the AI is not at a level that you would need to pay to beat it. If they got a competent AI is could see the need for certain accelerators
NHL:Boston Bruins
NCAA:Boston College Eagles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »