Home

Question from an old dumb guy

This is a discussion on Question from an old dumb guy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question from an old dumb guy

Is there any way to just call the plays in the new Madden? Single player, of course.

Just call the plays and watch the results?

I've tried for 2 weeks to achieve this. I suppose there is no way to do it but you guys are wizards with this program and figured I would ask here before uninstalling the game.

Thank you for your help.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Question from an old dumb guy

Quit being so hard on yourself... you're not old at all

I don't think there is a 'coach mode' (that's what you're essentially asking) in this game. It's a popular request. Personally, not my cup of tea but people are asking for it.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRadioGuy

Is there any way to just call the plays in the new Madden? Single player, of course.

Just call the plays and watch the results?

I've tried for 2 weeks to achieve this. I suppose there is no way to do it but you guys are wizards with this program and figured I would ask here before uninstalling the game.

Thank you for your help.

There is a Coach mode where you can just call the plays and watch the results. The setting is in the Settings menu under Game Options almost at the bottom.

However, there is a caveat. Coach mode still requires you to press X to hike the ball on offense, and also still requires you to kick punts and kickoffs. Why?? No one knows. The devs just have never saw fit to turn these into automatic plays like the others.

You can get around the kicking though by pausing the game when you come to a punt or kickoff, and selecting Fast sim for that play.

EA does not believe in Coach mode even though it is an option. Their data shows a very small % of users play that mode so they don't throw any resources or fixes at it.

C
Old 10-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Quit being so hard on yourself... you're not old at all
Thank you, capa.

Yeah, kenny .. getting old sucks. But the coach mode allows me to try to stay active with my brain.

As you age, you see that you can't react like you once did and it skews the results by a mammoth proportion. It gets silly, actually. You see yourself degrade in front of your own eyes. It's terrifying.

So, you have less reaction time. And your muscles, physical prowess, it also fades. I played golf because I could hit the ball further than anybody. That's really all I could do in the game. I enjoyed the SHEER VIOLENCE of the sport of golf. Hammering the living hell out of the ball. And I could do it, too, and practiced it quite a bit. Had my swing analyzed and clubs built .. custom made .. to my violent swing speed.

And then ..

.. you get old. And you hit it 230. And the zest for living fades.

And then you go to the locker room and look down at your feet and notice what is mid-way. And you say out loud, "We're done, buddy. You're shrinking."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4oVOFVhV_A

I was hoping to avoid all that emotion in Madden with the Coach Mode.

Maybe present that argument to the devs at EA. As in: not all people are 14 years old on an X-Box.

Thanks for your help.

It is really appreciated.

If anybody else has any tips, pass them along.

I will read them with great fervor.

Through my thickening eyeglasses.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:40 AM   #5
Banned

One other odd point in Coach mode...the defensive highlighted player (with circle around his feet) will not do any special moves unless you hold the L1 trigger (on PS4). This is only a concern when you are on defense.

So, what I do, is I move the highlighted circle to one of the safeties and just keep the L1 trigger pressed down once the CPU Center hikes the ball. Otherwise, your highlighted player will not react to the play and sometimes just stands there.

Another issue for the Devs to correct, but they do not appear to be concerned with.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #6
Rookie

Ah hell, I can't find that setting, capa.

I looked where you begin the program .. in the main settings before beginning a game. And then I looked after I was in a game .. can't find it there either.

Act like I'm a really stupid person and guide me.

With a gentle hand, of course.

My bones are brittle.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #7
Banned

It is in Settings ---> Game Options----Gameplay Helpers

You will see Coach Mode at bottom of Gameplay helpers. Turn it on.

Does that make sense?
Old 10-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #8
Rookie

That did it, capa.

Thank you for taking the time.

That was exactly what I was looking for.

Final question ..

.. I've looked through the camera settings and can't find a way to get back to the zoomed out normal view. The default view is too close and weird. You need the overview.

I keep clicking through during a game .. many times now .. and just can't find the setting for camera view. It would seem to be simple .. ---> Camera ----> Zoom-Normal-Far. But, not there. Fix it when it's not broken, I suppose.

I also appreciate your comments about the Safeties on defense. When trying out what you told me, I played a portion of a game and found the Defensive Tackle was my cup of tea for not controlling. They are just a big flab of meat to clog the arteries anyways. Get a sumo wrestler and put him in there. So, that's what I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »