Home

Stories for franchise mode

This is a discussion on Stories for franchise mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Stories for franchise mode

This is something i have been toying around with for awhile. Mostly, in my head. In search of a way to add unpredictability to progression and regression and to just create the sense that there are things going on around the league in franchise mode, this is what i have come up with. This is just the start and i would like as much input as i can get on stories and what the edits should be to implement them.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtpG4xzR2bDfhzJ3yqVLUYkQmryq

The bold items are meant to be random. I can basically go to roster on my franchise, close my eyes and scroll teams to randomly select a team and the same for position. I plan on using a die to select things like string. It should create the feeling of some chaos where you don't know the future. I want to pick randomly a couple of stories eqch week and implement them. A star player can wash up quick or a nobody can become a somebody. This is a google sheets document and i would appreciate any help. If anybody wants editing priveledge just let me know. I have limited time to give so if you feel like you could do it more justice than me i would be happy to let you run with it. If it goes nowhere

Link to the excel sheet created by eltrippero, much better than mine, amazing work. I will leave mine up as a place for group edit and to put ideas for situations that he can then add to his that he feels are worthy. Thanks for the work eltrippero!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m04fe1f9h...ator.xlsx?dl=0

This is the work being done by J.hunt1376. Still early and in beta but looks very promising. This takes a lot of time and effort and i know i appreciate the work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by timhere1970; 10-04-2018 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Stupid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Xman1956's Arena

Re: Stories for franchise mode

I literally was thinking of doing this yesterday, your way seems alot more straight forward though. I was going to figure out a way to use a RNG and make it a excel sheet that does the randomness for me, but then I got distracted and started watching a youtube video.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #3
Pro

Check out sapp and raiderz draft classes in the Rosters section!
Old 08-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #4
MVP

Re: Storsies for franchise mode

[quote=Xman1956;2049490501]I literally was thinking of doing this yesterday, your way seems alot more straight forward though. I was going to figure out a way to use a RNG and make it a excel sheet that does the randomness for me, but then I got distracted and started watching a youtube video.[/QU

That would be great to have a way for the spreqdsheet to make the decisions. My skills are not at that level.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Storsies for franchise mode

[quote=timhere1970;2049490609]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman1956
I literally was thinking of doing this yesterday, your way seems alot more straight forward though. I was going to figure out a way to use a RNG and make it a excel sheet that does the randomness for me, but then I got distracted and started watching a youtube video.[/QU

That would be great to have a way for the spreqdsheet to make the decisions. My skills are not at that level.
Thats not a difficult task, it would just require some time.

Make a list of situations, assign a value. (1 through whatever) pull up RNG.org, and random 1-however many possible outcomes you have, and its answer is your answer. Cross reference to your spreadsheet, and thats what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #6
MVP

I set it so anybody can edit so if you have an idea just put it in. If you know how to format the sheet better do it if you want.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #7
Rookie

Xman1956's Arena

My plan was to make it all in an excel spread sheet so you just have to hit F9 in order to re roll and get new scenarios when you want them. I kinda want to try this tonight.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:40 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman1956
My plan was to make it all in an excel spread sheet so you just have to hit F9 in order to re roll and get new scenarios when you want them. I kinda want to try this tonight.
I can do excel also, google sheets is available to everybody though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »