Home

Why remove defensive camera from squads??

This is a discussion on Why remove defensive camera from squads?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0
Why remove defensive camera from squads??

Last year, squads was the mode I had the most fun in. It was great to play in games with friends. Now, this probably doesn't affect 99% of the user base, but it appears they have removed the ability to play defense from the defensive camera view (camera behind the defense). I only play from this view. I find it more authentic and easier to play in coverage from that view.

Last year, you could not pick that view as a default in squads, but locking onto a player would switch to the defensive camera. This year, even when locking onto a player, you are forced to play from the offensive view. Why? What's the point of player locking now? Why remove something so simple that a group of the player base relies on, albeit the minority?

I defend Madden from the critics every year, and yet every year I also see them stepping on their own toes. It's just incredibly frustrating. Since I exclusively play from the defensive camera view, it has made playing defense in squads a chore now instead of something I looked forward to

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why remove defensive camera from squads??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
Last year, squads was the mode I had the most fun in. It was great to play in games with friends. Now, this probably doesn't affect 99% of the user base, but it appears they have removed the ability to play defense from the defensive camera view (camera behind the defense). I only play from this view. I find it more authentic and easier to play in coverage from that view.

Last year, you could not pick that view as a default in squads, but locking onto a player would switch to the defensive camera. This year, even when locking onto a player, you are forced to play from the offensive view. Why? What's the point of player locking now? Why remove something so simple that a group of the player base relies on, albeit the minority?

I defend Madden from the critics every year, and yet every year I also see them stepping on their own toes. It's just incredibly frustrating. Since I exclusively play from the defensive camera view, it has made playing defense in squads a chore now instead of something I looked forward to

there is a thread on this player lock/defensive camera issue i have tweeted the madden team but have gotten no definitive response yet. They are "looking into it"

I too play only from defensive cam locked on to my player and it SUCKS not having it anymore for no good reason.

Tweet the devs and let them know your frustration, the more the merrier. It may speed up the process of getting a definitive answer

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 08-19-2018 at 01:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »