Home

Madden NFL 19: Graphics and Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: Graphics and Presentation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 19: Graphics and Presentation

As a hardcore sim fan and a franchise-first guy, I always have lofty expectations when it...

Written By: Joel Smith

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
I'd like to see some big improvements to crowd audio and responses. They just kinda jump around randomly and there's not a true BOOM crowd noise when a big play happens. The crowd should also get louder on key plays like third downs or if the away team goes for it on 4th down.

I'd also like to see improvements to how the players and coaches react after games. If it was a big win to secure a playoff birth, they should act more excited and show emotion. Same goes for heartbreaking losses. More emotion in general would be a good thing.

Some gamebreak updates from the studio for scores around the league would be cool, ala NCAA Football 14. The ticker is really cool, but building on it would be neat.

More stat overlays while showing the player would be cool. There are some, but not enough.

I'd like to see the chain gang return when there is a measurement. That's a big part of the actual game of football. Did the defense get a stop on 4th down? Let's see some drama with the chains.

Show the refs running down the sideline during a sideline catch - show the refs talking to each other and then say catch or no catch. That would be pretty neat. Adds to suspense, drama and emotion.

Last edited by huntt26; 08-14-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: Graphics and Presentation

I also like the added commentary from "The Coach", but would would eventually like to see them bring back the animations of the broadcast team to give it a more authentic feel.

Whenever I hear somebody say this is a "foundation for EA to build on", i cringe, because usually they abandon these foundations and just eventually scrap it and replace it with something else. I hope i'm wrong this time.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
Rookie

yanek27's Arena

OVR: 2

I would love to see multiple announce teams. Would change up the game especially in franchise. It would also be nice to have some different PA announcers in the background besides the same one from Xbox/PS2 days. For example, the Titans PA guy always when we are on defense goes "3rddddd Dooooowwwwwwwn at the 32 yarrrrrrrrdddddd linnnnnnnneeeee!!!!! "
Old 08-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

I think EA did an excellent job on the commentary/play by play.
from what Ive seen, when I choose to watch,Half time gives us just enough.

the crowd noise is decent also, but could use a little more pop and reaction to big plays.

the biggest annoyance is the sidelines. very lifeless.

I also feel that we have reached the point where Id like to see players coming in and out of games, when switching up packages, subbing etc. this would have a huge impact on game management, and more true to life sim stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #6
Rookie

augmental's Arena

I have noticed that in MUT, in any of the solo challenges that I have done as the visiting team, it will always show the opposing team's coach reacting to YOUR team's plays (i.e. if you score a touchdown the opposing coach is applauding it!). It's obvious they meant to cut away to YOUR coach and not their own. It's pretty jarring and I remember them having this fixed in a patch at some point in Madden 18. Looks like this presentation bug is back.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #7
MVP

I guess this ties into presentation but I've been harping on Madden's poor collision detection & contextual awareness for the past few years now.* I just wish they would clean up the player clipping & fusing.* *

Players sometimes walk right through other players bodies instead and contextually walking around them when breaking the huddle.* Players also still walk through other players lying on the field after gang tackles.* *Players will occasionally roll right through the legs of a lineman who is engaged in a two man blocking animation.* Players & the ball still ghost through the endzone walls, etc...* These are huge eyesores and immersion killers.

The physics & collision detection are great during a play but it's very inconsistent before & after.* Hopefully they can clean it up in a patch.

Also the generic sidelines are getting old & it makes the game look dated. No names on jerseys, all players wearing the same facemask, players moving in unison,etc... This may well be a hardware issue but I really wish EA would figure out a way to have the players on the sidelines resemble their on field counterpart. What ever happened to Living Worlds?

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 08-14-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #8
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
I would hope they would fix the Instant replays. Too zoomed in!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »