Home

Madden 19 Fictional Draft Class project.

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Fictional Draft Class project. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-30-2018, 03:59 PM   #1
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Madden 19 Fictional Draft Class project.

Let me preface this by saying I have been pretty critical of a game that hasn't even been released yet. However, despite that, it has something a lot of us, myself included have been asking for, for a while. Custom draft classes. Because of that and because I believe we won't see many more significant franchise updates for a while, this will be the last madden I buy for at least 3 or 4 years.

Now, I know that there will be tons and tons of real draft classes uploaded and I look forward to using them. Something I haven't seen anyone mention a lot, is creating fictional classes.
I plan to do that, to keep things fresh. Not just 1 or 2, but a lot. Goal would be to have at least 30 classes.
I'm hoping this is something the community would be interested in and something we could do as a community. I'm not suggesting everyone do 30, but having a massive pool of legit fictional draft classes would add a ton of replayability.

Now on to the classes themselves. I plan on using the time up until release to study real life drafts and come up with a game plan to create these classes.

Not all classes will be the same either. Some will be deep with talent, some shallow, some top heavy, bottom heavy, balanced etc.

There will also be generational athletes in a few of these drafts, positional freaks (Megatron, Bo Jackson, Julius Peppers etc), busts, late round gems etc.

If this is something that you would be interested in me doing, please let me know what you would like to see. Maybe things that stock madden drafts do that they shouldn't, or things you would like to see but don't in stock madden drafts.

As of right now, i will be purchasing on Xbox One, but I may also get it for ps4, depends on what my friends will be playing on. I plan on focusing 90% of my madden time on these classes for at least the first month after release, until bugs are worked out and the slider people do what they do best.

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Also if you'd be interested in submitting your own classes to the pool, feel free to join in.

Community suggestions:
-Less Restrictive Position Thresholds
-More Pass Rush DL&LB's
-No more multiple players at same position from same school, at certain positions.
-Better names
-Less Low strength DL and OL
-More Quality DE's
-Overall Draft Youth Movement

Sent from my VS995 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by soonermagic88; 06-30-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 Fictional Draft Class project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Let me preface this by saying I have been pretty critical of a game that hasn't even been released yet. However, despite that, it has something a lot of us, myself included have been asking for, for a while. Custom draft classes. Because of that and because I believe we won't see many more significant franchise updates for a while, this will be the last madden I buy for at least 3 or 4 years.

Now, I know that there will be tons and tons of real draft classes uploaded and I look forward to using them. Something I haven't seen anyone mention a lot, is creating fictional classes.
I plan to do that, to keep things fresh. Not just 1 or 2, but a lot. Goal would be to have at least 30 classes.
I'm hoping this is something the community would be interested in and something we could do as a community. I'm not suggesting everyone do 30, but having a massive pool of legit fictional draft classes would add a ton of replayability.

Now on to the classes themselves. I plan on using the time up until release to study real life drafts and come up with a game plan to create these classes.

Not all classes will be the same either. Some will be deep with talent, some shallow, some top heavy, bottom heavy, balanced etc.

There will also be generational athletes in a few of these drafts, positional freaks (Megatron, Bo Jackson, Julius Peppers etc), busts, late round gems etc.

If this is something that you would be interested in me doing, please let me know what you would like to see. Maybe things that stock madden drafts do that they shouldn't, or things you would like to see but don't in stock madden drafts.

As of right now, i will be purchasing on Xbox One, but I may also get it for ps4, depends on what my friends will be playing on. I plan on focusing 90% of my madden time on these classes for at least the first month after release, until bugs are worked out and the slider people do what they do best.

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Also if you'd be interested in submitting your own classes to the pool, feel free to join in.

I hate the thresholds that every position has. No freak QBs like a Cam, 6-5 250 85 speed types. Lack of talent at TE, lack of power backs that have GOOD accell and agility. Almost every LB and DL lacking any pass rush moves out of the gate. Ect ect ect.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-30-2018, 05:41 PM   #3
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I hate the thresholds that every position has. No freak QBs like a Cam, 6-5 250 85 speed types. Lack of talent at TE, lack of power backs that have GOOD accell and agility. Almost every LB and DL lacking any pass rush moves out of the gate. Ect ect ect.

Agreed. That is one of the main reasons I want to do this project. The stock madden classes are stale and have so many restrictions.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:09 PM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Agreed. That is one of the main reasons I want to do this project. The stock madden classes are stale and have so many restrictions.

And the small stuff, multiple same school same positions (two top QBs from one school?), 300+ lbs with skinny generated faces, and the names.... oh some of the names. Never knew Houshmandzadeh was such a common surname.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:18 PM   #5
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
And the small stuff, multiple same school same positions (two top QBs from one school?), 300+ lbs with skinny generated faces, and the names.... oh some of the names. Never knew Houshmandzadeh was such a common surname.
Oh man i can't believe i forgot about the multiple 1st rounders from the same school, at the same position. It DRIVES ME NUTS.
I've seen as many as 3 qbs from the same school projected as first rounders in M18.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2018, 06:49 PM   #6
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Hey I like some of the names. Classics such as; Dick Long (hehe), Tiki Cotton, Bruce Brucey, Max Justice, Long Sword, Howard Howard ect ect ect...

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-30-2018, 07:17 PM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

I wanted to do something similar to this! so much potential in the custom draft classes feature. especially on PC where you should be able to churn out some high quality custom classes much quicker. really looking forward to it.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #8
Rookie

yungmoney's Arena

OVR: 2

to many offensive/defensive lineman coming in with strength in the 70's also not enough decent pass rush DE's way more 3-4 ends

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »