Home

Re-positioning QB in Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Re-positioning QB in Franchise mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

miamifan1997's Arena

OVR: 8
Re-positioning QB in Franchise mode

Has anyone noticed that if you change someone from WR/RB to a QB, that they are immediately terrible at running the ball?

I've had injuries in franchise mode so defaulted to Denard Robinson to convert to QB. As a RB, he ran 15-20 times per game for me and took some big hits with no issues. Now as a QB, he fumbles the ball every 2-3 hits and runs out of energy three times as fast. Very frustrating, he isn't a great thrower so has to make up for it with running, but they nerf his ability to run.

I've also had this happen with Braxton Miller and Terell Pryor in the past. It sucks that there are never any dual threat rookies in Franchise. All rookies at RB and WR are terrible at throwing. No Braxton's or Denard's....
NHL - Bruins
NCAAF and NCAAB - UCF!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Re-positioning QB in Franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifan1997
Has anyone noticed that if you change someone from WR/RB to a QB, that they are immediately terrible at running the ball?

I've had injuries in franchise mode so defaulted to Denard Robinson to convert to QB. As a RB, he ran 15-20 times per game for me and took some big hits with no issues. Now as a QB, he fumbles the ball every 2-3 hits and runs out of energy three times as fast. Very frustrating, he isn't a great thrower so has to make up for it with running, but they nerf his ability to run.

I've also had this happen with Braxton Miller and Terell Pryor in the past. It sucks that there are never any dual threat rookies in Franchise. All rookies at RB and WR are terrible at throwing. No Braxton's or Denard's....
Edit the ratings, maybe. Check qb traits, wouldn't be surprised if it changes traits w/ the positional change. Madden is full of surprises lol, good luck!
Old 01-04-2018, 12:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I changed Adoree Jackson's position from CB to WR and then back to CB and he lost all of his stats he had before I switched him. I did it in Week 17, so he lost his entire season worth of stats before the switch. Pretty ****ing ridiculous...
Old 01-04-2018, 12:42 AM   #4
Pro

Devaster's Arena

You could have a QB with 99 CAR/BCV/etc. and they would still fumble the ball away easily. Every time I run with my QB on an option or scramble there is a 50/50 chance I fumble the ball. And most of the time it isn't even on a big hit. A lot of the times I'm trying to spin/juke out of a tackle and the ball just drops out.

Is there a way to dive with the QB? Because I haven't found out how to yet. And it costs me so many turnovers.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Not exactly something strange.

How often do you see a QB in the NFL running full force into defenders, spinning and juking? If they do, mostly it's a big hit and they fumble. Defenders just love to punish QB's legally if they run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #6
Rookie

are you covering the ball before you get hit?
Old 01-04-2018, 07:07 AM   #7
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I've had alot of fumbles this year while scrambling. You have to slide. Double tap the dive button, but make sure no defenders in front of you. If your too close, you'll player will dive forward instead. And you'll fumble

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #8
MVP

I believe there are positional bonuses/penalties that are used to try and make an attribute system that is universal work across multiple positions. If people could easily take HB's and make them QB's and run wherever they felt like it would be an issue. This kind of reminds me of when I talked with Clint, I think it was, and he mentioned that Gronk having some crazy high blocking rating wasn't the same as a tackle or guard having the same rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »