Home

"One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

This is a discussion on "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #9
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

One thing that I didn't understand after tweeting Clint & I should of asked the question regarding defensive holding. Is he said that they don't have the ability to have those animations in different modes and not the other. Isn't pass interference and holding a animation? It's in Sim Mode, so how does that differ from a defensive holding animation? When guys get called for holding u normally see that animation play out.

After talking with Clint via Twitter I have come to understand that everything has there own set packages. So different parts of the game can be tweaked, left alone or improved. Like the graphics are running Frostbite but the physics are not frostbite physics. So not sure if that has something to do with. I do appreciate Clint at least coming out and saying what he did. He could of just said it's in there and went on his way.

Playing:
Old 11-12-2017, 09:57 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 7

we just need a Sim oriented game. Madden never will be. It doesn’t intend to be. it’s designed for MUT and those tournament players that are out to make a little money and boost their ego. We sim/football fans just have to get away from football and look at other sports that’s actually imulate the sport they are trying to portray.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #11
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
we just need a Sim oriented game. Madden never will be. It doesn’t intend to be. it’s designed for MUT and those tournament players that are out to make a little money and boost their ego. We sim/football fans just have to get away from football and look at other sports that’s actually imulate the sport they are trying to portray.
Unfortunately, I really do not like basketball . . . which is a shame, because that seems to have the best sim sports game going right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2017, 10:12 PM   #12
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0

Market 3 different play styles then tell players not to divide the community?
Old 11-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Unfortunately, I really do not like basketball . . . which is a shame, because that seems to have the best sim sports game going right now.
I'm in the same boat as you, plus I love the convenience of being able to blast through a 16 game season in a few weeks. I follow baseball the most and love The Show, but I just can't get in to a 162 game season
Old 11-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #14
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
. I do appreciate Clint at least coming out and saying what he did. He could of just said it's in there and went on his way.
I heartily agree! Clint Oldenberg's communication has been so very much better than what was available to the Madden community in times past. It is outstanding that he is willing to share their thoughts . . . it is just maddening that their thoughts are so far divorced from our wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm in the same boat as you, plus I love the convenience of being able to blast through a 16 game season in a few weeks. I follow baseball the most and love The Show, but I just can't get in to a 162 game season
I agree. In, baseball, since the days of Tony La Russa II and Front Page Sports, I have always used a "play 1/sim 2" standard for the regular season (play 1/sim 5 in Spring Training, and play all in the playoffs) to mitigate the long season. That gets you through the season faster, but it still is about 60-75 games (which takes me 3-4 months) to play a season.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 11-12-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:46 AM   #15
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

One word "Liars" how do you say three months after the release, that DH is off the game because competitive gamers won't it? and in the game you write under the slider setting, "penalty called accord to NFL statistics"? It's a joke? because if it is, is not fun at all. So put out an arcade football game and stop to speak bull****, be honest, not try to joking that part of gamers that want a simulation, because seems to me that you want their bucs, without doing anything to them, you simply treat them as stupids. Totally agree with this topic you can't please everyone with that vapid slogan, reality is not a slogan. It's clear that you pleasing those part of the game which you do more money, and telling tales to others. Come on, make a single arcade game and lost that part of business that won't it, and we will see for how many years you still have the budget to make the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 07:29 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Market 3 different play styles then tell players not to divide the community?
I think based on the context it was about being being divisive, not necessarily divided (which I know sounds like an oxymoron). They will take criticism, and at times lay it on themselves (See Rex's comments on target passing), but they still have to try and keep the community from spilling into being a toxic wasteland. Obviously, some of that can be laid at their feet for the game and some of it can be attributed to their failures in communication, but at the same time people today in a social media environment tend to get "nasty" quickly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »