Home

All madden passing help needed.

This is a discussion on All madden passing help needed. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2017, 04:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All madden passing help needed.

hey guys i been stalking this forum for many years now and i rarely ask questions just observer, however now i need some help my self drastically. me and a buddy play our cfm 2 games a year then draft then repeat, im pretty good at running i get about 105 to 180 yards rushing a game. here is my dilemma if i ever get a fumble 6 or he gets up and i have to pass to catch up the game pretty much goes to hell. in every game scenario where i attempt to pass im throwing picks. i throw on avg 4-9 a game most are pick 6 sadly even with a 97 overall offense im not moving the ball threw the air with good wr and a qb. granted he has amazing user at the mlb spot so i rarely test him as he always picks it. when i try corner or outside post flat or outs his cbs will pick it off. he runs alot of cover 2/cover with cloud flats and that zone covers 2-3 wrs by itself for picks. so i cant throw over the middle where he is and 1 cb covers more than 1 wr. can anyone lend me some help with a decent pass scheme on all madden haha im desperate cause now he is pulling away with the win/loss record. i just threw 11 ints and lost 28-69 so that's why im here asking for some tips or if you don't mind a lab session on xbox one any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: All madden passing help needed.

wow geez that is quite a number for interceptions per game

when I get it right you speak about a human controlled Defense? Against the computer I had my problems as well at the beginning on ALL MADDEN ALL DEFAULT settings. Meanwhile I am used to this years Madden. but the coverage is awesome this year, I like it, Madden 17 was too easy at the end. But how to train or a perfect scripted scheme I cannot provide...
Online I am doing pretty well, I find it easier as against the ALL MADDEN AI. The perfect mix of run and pass is the secret there, after 5 runs I would think he will pass now, so drop 1-2 run games more and then do the pass play...but that is nothing new for you I suggest...

The best advantage is, know your playbook, know the Routes the WR`s are running and don`t throw stupid passes, better throw it away then.

I think no one can give you the perfect passing secret here
Old 10-18-2017, 07:15 AM   #3
Rookie

What kind of CBs does he have that everything is getting picked? That seems more like a timing issue than anything if you are having trouble throwing outside routes.

In general, Cover 2 should be week on the sidelines or in the deep middle of the field. So try something that has posts or corner routes to beat him. Go into practice mode and continually repeat it until you have the timing down. I'd recommend making a team with ZCV similar to what his players are, so you can know what you can get away with.

As for dealing with him personally, another option would be to simply overload him. Run 2-3 routes that go over the middle towards his user. He can't cover them all, and will have to pick one. High/low reads are good at that. Simply target the one he isn't following.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Sounds like just a more extreme version of the issue anyone struggling to pass on AM is having: making reads. All Madden this year for maybe the first time in a long time forces users to actually make good reads, else get picked.

1) Madden players tend to throw downfield WAY more aggressively than NFL players. By downfield I don't mean lobbed bombs, I mean 12-15+ yards in the air. Did you know the average NFL pass travels only 6 yards past the LOS through the air? And that includes the bombs, which means you have a LOT of checkdowns that hit a receiver 0-3 yds past the LOS.

2) If a guy isn't going to clearly be open deeper, check it down.

3) Another "Madden" habit I see guys who struggle in our league do: snap the ball, drop way back, and 'survey' the field to see who's open. You can't play this way and that's not how NFL QBs play. On All Madden, if you're just waiting around to see who's open, you a) see them running in space, b) your brain sends the signal to your hands to press the button, c) your QB does his long throwing animation, d) the ball travels slowly through the air...by the time all of that happens and the ball finally reaches your receiver, he's no longer open and anyone in a nearby zone is in place for a pick.

4) Instead you have to know who is about to come open, and that comes from reading the defense. Go back & do the pass concepts skills trainer. It may seem basic but it's helpful in getting you in the mindset of trying to better understand who is going to be open rather than wait for someone to just be wide open.

5) Your eyes should be 80% on the defenders and only 20% on your WRs. Occasionally on longer developing deep plays, my eyes only glance at my target for a fraction of a second. Instead I'm watching the 1-2 key defenders to see how they behave, then when I realize I have the coverage I want, I'm looking at the pocket to see if I actually have the time to wait for the route (C route, for instance) to develop or if I need to check down immediately. Then, I glance at the WR for like a tiny fraction of a second as I'm about to make my throw to ensure his break actually went well and he's going to be open. But for 90% of the play post-snap, I have not even looked at him. For a long developing play, that whole process takes about 3 seconds. Most plays it should be closer to 2-2.5 seconds to make three reads (more on that below).

6) Related to #5, you are focusing on 1 or 2 key defenders. Start with 1. Skills trainer will help you get in this habit and even helps you by flagging which is your key defender to read. How he reacts will dictate where you go with the ball.

7) Read progression. Have one for every play. Right when the ball is snapped, you're reading your key defender from #6. Depending on what he does, maybe your first read is open. Your first option should only take about 0.5 seconds to make a read and then you are instantly onto your second read. Ideally, your second read is still based on that same key defender. Example, a basic curl/flat combo vs a cover 3. If the flat defender sinks to cover the curl, you throw the flat. If he chases the flat outside, you can hit the curl.

8) My advice is have two post-snap reads on a play and then have your 3rd 'read' be a check down you know you can hit, e.g. a dump off to the RB or a drag or flat. Also this 3rd route is who you go immediately to if you see it's a blitz and your first read isn't open right away.

9) Generally you want to read deep to short. So as an example, say you have a TE on a streak up the seam, perhaps he's your first read. In about half a second you should be able to ID whether he's going to get open. You don't wait around hoping. You move off him ASAP and onto your next read, let's say an 8 yard in route over the middle. If he's not open, you've got a drag coming from the opposite side of the field you dump it off to. I just described a Dagger concept, it's in your skills trainer.

10) Make sure longer developing routes are not your first read. Don't run Corner Strike and wait for 3 seconds to see if the corner gets open. You sometimes know whether it's *going* to get open, but not always. Have a streak up the middle, for instance, be your first read, then come back to the corner, and if it's not there, the underneath flat.

It's a lot but hope that helps.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 10-18-2017, 09:12 AM   #5
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadheadnympho
hey guys i been stalking this forum for many years now and i rarely ask questions just observer, however now i need some help my self drastically. me and a buddy play our cfm 2 games a year then draft then repeat, im pretty good at running i get about 105 to 180 yards rushing a game. here is my dilemma if i ever get a fumble 6 or he gets up and i have to pass to catch up the game pretty much goes to hell. in every game scenario where i attempt to pass im throwing picks. i throw on avg 4-9 a game most are pick 6 sadly even with a 97 overall offense im not moving the ball threw the air with good wr and a qb. granted he has amazing user at the mlb spot so i rarely test him as he always picks it. when i try corner or outside post flat or outs his cbs will pick it off. he runs alot of cover 2/cover with cloud flats and that zone covers 2-3 wrs by itself for picks. so i cant throw over the middle where he is and 1 cb covers more than 1 wr. can anyone lend me some help with a decent pass scheme on all madden haha im desperate cause now he is pulling away with the win/loss record. i just threw 11 ints and lost 28-69 so that's why im here asking for some tips or if you don't mind a lab session on xbox one any help is appreciated.
I play a CFM with a friend and he plays alot like you describe here. As someone above indicated attack him. Don't shy away from him. That lets him dictate to you how to play. I started using bunches and trips with a post going behind him and drag or slant in front of him. If he's in man then swinging the HB to the bunch/trip side. If he's in zone I will motion my hb out and hot route to a route that would help me open my wr up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensenk86
wow geez that is quite a number for interceptions per game

when I get it right you speak about a human controlled Defense? Against the computer I had my problems as well at the beginning on ALL MADDEN ALL DEFAULT settings. Meanwhile I am used to this years Madden. but the coverage is awesome this year, I like it, Madden 17 was too easy at the end. But how to train or a perfect scripted scheme I cannot provide...
Online I am doing pretty well, I find it easier as against the ALL MADDEN AI. The perfect mix of run and pass is the secret there, after 5 runs I would think he will pass now, so drop 1-2 run games more and then do the pass play...but that is nothing new for you I suggest...

The best advantage is, know your playbook, know the Routes the WR`s are running and don`t throw stupid passes, better throw it away then.

I think no one can give you the perfect passing secret here
very alarming number i know haha, and i can pass on the cpu in am just not him its drives my soul to the core lol he has made a video of upload studio and put it in our 2k chat so im here to prevent more haha.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumonk
What kind of CBs does he have that everything is getting picked? That seems more like a timing issue than anything if you are having trouble throwing outside routes.

In general, Cover 2 should be week on the sidelines or in the deep middle of the field. So try something that has posts or corner routes to beat him. Go into practice mode and continually repeat it until you have the timing down. I'd recommend making a team with ZCV similar to what his players are, so you can know what you can get away with.

As for dealing with him personally, another option would be to simply overload him. Run 2-3 routes that go over the middle towards his user. He can't cover them all, and will have to pick one. High/low reads are good at that. Simply target the one he isn't following.
i get it throw to the open guy i really do, i know i may sound like a noob but im pretty good i beat most ppl and rank high in everything game mood. but its just this guy hes like a bane in my side lol. me and have played maby 100+ games against each other this madden as we do each year. so he just know what i like to do and vice versa. however, this int thing didnt start happening until this month idk if something patched or what. but whatever happened was bad enough to get me to resort to asking for outside advice i cant ask him my pride already hurt lol. the ppl who get at least 2 or more ints for him are his safties jamal adams and kenu neal there both ss and 95 or better. he seems to get them each fantasy draft and throwing deep, even a post against cover 2 that is open is a pick because they recover. marcus peters is his #1 who oddly hasn't picked me off but he breaks everything i throw to Amari cooper up, his #2 auzie i believe it is get all the ints. and i try to attack him each game but his users are crazy he gets fast lbs even if they suck and so far he can cover all the middle its very nerve wrecking. i flood the middle with ins different levels a drag, that bunch post play ppl seem to like and for some reason even when hes following 1 routes and i see another get open i throw it then he peel back and picks it. or if i think he is going to peel back to the other route so i throw to the one he following he sticks with it. but im going to hop into practice like you said and try it
Old 10-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Sounds like just a more extreme version of the issue anyone struggling to pass on AM is having: making reads. All Madden this year for maybe the first time in a long time forces users to actually make good reads, else get picked.

1) Madden players tend to throw downfield WAY more aggressively than NFL players. By downfield I don't mean lobbed bombs, I mean 12-15+ yards in the air. Did you know the average NFL pass travels only 6 yards past the LOS through the air? And that includes the bombs, which means you have a LOT of checkdowns that hit a receiver 0-3 yds past the LOS.

2) If a guy isn't going to clearly be open deeper, check it down.

3) Another "Madden" habit I see guys who struggle in our league do: snap the ball, drop way back, and 'survey' the field to see who's open. You can't play this way and that's not how NFL QBs play. On All Madden, if you're just waiting around to see who's open, you a) see them running in space, b) your brain sends the signal to your hands to press the button, c) your QB does his long throwing animation, d) the ball travels slowly through the air...by the time all of that happens and the ball finally reaches your receiver, he's no longer open and anyone in a nearby zone is in place for a pick.

4) Instead you have to know who is about to come open, and that comes from reading the defense. Go back & do the pass concepts skills trainer. It may seem basic but it's helpful in getting you in the mindset of trying to better understand who is going to be open rather than wait for someone to just be wide open.

5) Your eyes should be 80% on the defenders and only 20% on your WRs. Occasionally on longer developing deep plays, my eyes only glance at my target for a fraction of a second. Instead I'm watching the 1-2 key defenders to see how they behave, then when I realize I have the coverage I want, I'm looking at the pocket to see if I actually have the time to wait for the route (C route, for instance) to develop or if I need to check down immediately. Then, I glance at the WR for like a tiny fraction of a second as I'm about to make my throw to ensure his break actually went well and he's going to be open. But for 90% of the play post-snap, I have not even looked at him. For a long developing play, that whole process takes about 3 seconds. Most plays it should be closer to 2-2.5 seconds to make three reads (more on that below).

6) Related to #5, you are focusing on 1 or 2 key defenders. Start with 1. Skills trainer will help you get in this habit and even helps you by flagging which is your key defender to read. How he reacts will dictate where you go with the ball.

7) Read progression. Have one for every play. Right when the ball is snapped, you're reading your key defender from #6. Depending on what he does, maybe your first read is open. Your first option should only take about 0.5 seconds to make a read and then you are instantly onto your second read. Ideally, your second read is still based on that same key defender. Example, a basic curl/flat combo vs a cover 3. If the flat defender sinks to cover the curl, you throw the flat. If he chases the flat outside, you can hit the curl.

8) My advice is have two post-snap reads on a play and then have your 3rd 'read' be a check down you know you can hit, e.g. a dump off to the RB or a drag or flat. Also this 3rd route is who you go immediately to if you see it's a blitz and your first read isn't open right away.

9) Generally you want to read deep to short. So as an example, say you have a TE on a streak up the seam, perhaps he's your first read. In about half a second you should be able to ID whether he's going to get open. You don't wait around hoping. You move off him ASAP and onto your next read, let's say an 8 yard in route over the middle. If he's not open, you've got a drag coming from the opposite side of the field you dump it off to. I just described a Dagger concept, it's in your skills trainer.

10) Make sure longer developing routes are not your first read. Don't run Corner Strike and wait for 3 seconds to see if the corner gets open. You sometimes know whether it's *going* to get open, but not always. Have a streak up the middle, for instance, be your first read, then come back to the corner, and if it's not there, the underneath flat.

It's a lot but hope that helps.

you hit it on the nose thanks alot , #3, #5 are definitely my problem right now. i don't like to throw deep unless i have to, in pass madden he's called me the dink and dunk / drag queen haha. however, still, the problem im having is that 3rd and long when i have to throw deep. my run game is pretty good but to the point he just admitted to going to youtube to learn to stop the run and it has slowed me down but not stopped, but it was enough to make me have to pass more than i like, where on a win id throw 5-8 passes all game now im throwing 40 ish trying to come back. when i have to pass im not making good reads. i can read a defense but he never runs a stock defense so when i hike the ball looking for something i know will be open to get open its never there im going to no life skills trianer tonite as i neew to get better with progressions. as of right now i dont have the instict to get the ball gone fast enough(againts him) as i have let him in my head calling middle of the field off-limits hes dictated my game sadly. but what you posted here really made since and ive never thought about most of #5 on down .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »