Home

New to Madden Ultimate Team? Learn How to Start Your Grind Here

This is a discussion on New to Madden Ultimate Team? Learn How to Start Your Grind Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2017, 10:26 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
New to Madden Ultimate Team? Learn How to Start Your Grind Here

Unsure about how to start your 2018 Madden Ultimate Team grind?

Scott Cole, the voice of the Madden Championship Series, walks you through the first 8 levels of MUT, so you can power up quick.

Coltrane walks you through the rewards in advance, so you don't waste a player or pack.

When all is said and done, you'll have two legends in LT and Champ Bailey, and $25k+ coins to your name, in under two hours.

Do you have any tips? If so, post them here.

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6
As with any sports game that has a "ultimate team" mode, play the auction house. Playing the market is the easiest way to improve your team. I bought Rob Ninkovich (78 overall, I think. Might be 76) for 900 coins. I bought some other players but I can't remember off the top of my head. My overall team rating is a 74 without spending any real money and not even doing all of the challenges in the video. I only played through the Patriots challenges so I don't even Champ Bailey yet. Play the market!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

I also want to add that all of my starters on offense and defense are at least silver, most are gold, and one is elite (TE Hunter Henry). No bronze starters.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: New to Madden Ultimate Team? Learn How to Start Your Grind Here

The auction house is essential!

I do think playing the challenges get and such are important, because those net you the coins you use to buy card in the AH, and cards you can either use or sell in the AH. All of that helps play without spending any money.

My rule is to never spend coins on packs. If you really want to buy a pack, spend the $5 or whatever. The time and effort it takes to accumulate the coins you need to buy a pack are wasted on hat you might get out of a pack. But with that $5, you might some cards worth selling, and not have to make up all the coins you would have spent.

I have a lto of different strategies I use to maximize the market. Sometimes pended ended auctions are best. Sometimes a Buy Now can be your best bet. You just need to know what the current market is for a card, which you get by searching the AH.

My biggest goal this year is to sell early and often. I sat on so many unused players and Team items, that I'm sure I cost myself a ton of coins that might have gotten had I not waited until way to late to start cleaning house. Basically, once it starts building up, it just seems like too much to sell so many items.

You will also learn when the market is moving, so when to sell and when to buy. It's pretty fun game within the game.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:51 PM   #5
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

I've watched streams this year where guys spend 200.00 on 2 bundle packs and end up with an 81 overall team. This is the first year I try mut. How long do you guys think that it will take grinding to start with an 81 overall team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 12:35 AM   #6
Banned

It's hard to say because they have not only tweaked ratings down, but have altered the formula for team OVR.

What I will say is that you should enjoy the journey. Getting your team ranked too high too fast just ruins a lot of the solo challenges. Don't worry so much about the end, but rather experiment with the process. There is no real need to rush it.

Play some MUT Draft along the way, which will help acclimate you to MUT play, and maybe clarify how you want to build your team.

What I like about MUT is that building an 80+, maybe even breaking 90 OVR, is fun process. Many players come and go along the way. Enjoy those players. Experiment. Maybe you decide to change direction. The real fun is plugging guys in, trying new players. Don't be in a hurry to build a team.

If you are in a hurry, you will either spend a lot of money or move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Like others have said play the auction house. That place will be your best friend as newcomers to MUT.

Last year I spent no money on my team besides the extra 10 packs I got from my preorder. Believe I got my team up to a 92 overall, and that just came from grinding. Playing solos, h2h games, auctioning off my cards a thousand or two cheaper then other's to make it more likely to sell. It worked for the most part, I obviously had no 99's, ultimate legends, etc. but my team was built the way I like it with players I could afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-21-2017, 06:51 PM   #8
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

I want to add from my original post. My team is now a 78 OVR without having spend a dime of real money. Save your coins and find deals in the auction house. I bought Andy Dalton (80 OVR Elite) for 13,000 coins which is incredibly easy to get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »