Home

Wow, after at least 4-5 years, they fixed the sim clock.

This is a discussion on Wow, after at least 4-5 years, they fixed the sim clock. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Wow, after at least 4-5 years, they fixed the sim clock.

A lot of the time I sim defense, because I just don't have time to play full games very often, and FINALLY I can set the clock to 12-15 minutes and get a realistic amount of plays (around 60-70 is always nice) from the computer's simmed offense. Such a nice under the radar fix which was so long overdue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Wow, after at least 4-5 years, they fixed the sim clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanryanryan
A lot of the time I sim defense, because I just don't have time to play full games very often, and FINALLY I can set the clock to 12-15 minutes and get a realistic amount of plays (around 60-70 is always nice) from the computer's simmed offense. Such a nice under the radar fix which was so long overdue.
Yeah, this is a big one for me. No matter what you set the clock to (within reason I suppose - it might be hard to get a full game's worth of plays below 5 or 6 minutes), you'll get around 120-130 plays a game. That means CFM Player is actually playable to me because of the amount of simming required in that mode. Same goes for the new Play The Moments feature as well.

I will say that in my first several sims I'm seeing the high end of what would be considered a realistic play total every game - up near or just over 130. I would like to see some lower numbers to bring that average down. And, because the plays scale with the quarter length you set, there's no way to easily bring that number down. Just something to keep in mind.

But I love the way they're doing this. It's the best supersimming engine Madden has ever had, full stop.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanryanryan
Glad you noticed the change! It was really important to us to get that in this year.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love it too...and for the first time in forever I may actually play as a player, I've missed that
Old 08-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #5
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6

Has anyone checked PAT percentages in Super Sim? There have been way too many misses for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

sorry for my confusion but are you saying the game makes it so sims have normal amount of plays no matter what you set quarter length at, or are you saying that you've found a quarter length that yields realistic results?
Old 08-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfWisconsin
Has anyone checked PAT percentages in Super Sim? There have been way too many misses for years

Not yet, but, the stats are great on default. I really see now reason to do any major edits, as they will destroy sim stats, imo.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #8
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
sorry for my confusion but are you saying the game makes it so sims have normal amount of plays no matter what you set quarter length at, or are you saying that you've found a quarter length that yields realistic results?

Madden team made the sim engine try to pump out stats based on 120 play avg per game. Not sure exactly what they're doing under the hood. But, somehow it's supposed to be better this year. I'm still perplexed as to how they don't instead use your personal settings (qtr length and acc clock) and manipulate the sim in that fashion, but if they found a way to make stats work, that's all good. Because, let's say u play 5 min qtrs with 20 acc clock. No way are u getting 120 plays per game without sim. And, I wouldn't think you're getting 'realistic' stats, either (300 yds passing, 100 yds rushing, etc), so I would think the sim engine in this case would be over statting, lol. But, seems like some people have used it and it seems to be working the way madden team wanted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »