Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Pass Rush Concerns (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Pass Rush Concerns (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2016, 12:36 AM   #1
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Madden NFL 17 Video - Pass Rush Concerns (SimFBallCritic)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 12:57 AM   #2
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pass Rush Concerns (SimFBallCritic)

I mean the pass blocking slider should help with this right?
Old 08-14-2016, 01:03 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

That's what I like about Sim, he puts things in perspective.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:03 AM   #4
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Good video. He's right, the pressure is decent and the animations look good when they do happen. I also have to give credit for the QB AI's reaction to the pressure, seems like they are competent. I always cringe at the 5+ second , statue of liberty QBs but I'm looking forward to testing it out for myself in a few days.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:23 AM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Percentage wise Sim is probably correct when it comes to pressure, QB hits, and hurries, but I think that for many of us the aesthetics of the win/loss plays at the line is what is most problematic.

Some of the plays it animates beautifully where both olineman and dlineman seem to be giving a great effort throughout the whole play. There are still way too many plays though where the dlineman seems to just give up and let the olineman easily keep him locked in one spot at the line of scrimmage.

It's improved a lot from where it use to be, but the wins for the oline need more animating sequences to where it doesn't so often look like it's effortless to keep that dlineman off the QB.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 01:35 AM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't know. I'll have to wait until I get the game in my hands but from the videos I've watched it seems like pass rush is basically all or nothing. Every snap is basically a stopwatch for someone to come completely free and unabated to the QB. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it takes forever for it to happen. The ends do an okay job at steering into a formed pocket but I never get the feeling they're really attacking the QB. DT's it's the same way. Most of the time they just get stonewalled at the LOS but will occasionally break free for unabated pressure. Even if the timings are right, it just doesn't look or feel right based on watching it. Just my opinion though.

One thing that doesn't help with these pre-release videos is that, especially in the H2H vids, I'm seeing a ton of 3-man rushes which is never going to provide much pressure and then even with the 4-man rushes like I said the ends don't seem to do much more than steer to a pocket then patty cake.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:50 AM   #7
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Pass Rush Concerns (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I don't know. I'll have to wait until I get the game in my hands but from the videos I've watched it seems like pass rush is basically all or nothing. Every snap is basically a stopwatch for someone to come completely free and unabated to the QB. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it takes forever for it to happen. The ends do an okay job at steering into a formed pocket but I never get the feeling they're really attacking the QB. DT's it's the same way. Most of the time they just get stonewalled at the LOS but will occasionally break free for unabated pressure. Even if the timings are right, it just doesn't look or feel right based on watching it. Just my opinion though.

One thing that doesn't help with these pre-release videos is that, especially in the H2H vids, I'm seeing a ton of 3-man rushes which is never going to provide much pressure and then even with the 4-man rushes like I said the ends don't seem to do much more than steer to a pocket then patty cake.

Probably because in 16 especially, you could play drop 10 as Rex calls it and still get a pass rush AND stop the run. Old habits die hard I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2016, 01:59 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 0

Pass rush and line play where the 2 things I was hoping would be improved this year and from what we have seen those things may not be that much better this year but hard to know for sure in till we get the game. Last year madden had like the biggest sports game improvement I have ever seen in just 1 year before and played a good game of football for the first time in like 10 years. With that said line play, pass rush and special teams where the 3 things keeping madden 16 from being a great game and only being a good game. I was hoping line play and pass rush would be improved like WR/DB interactions where in madden 16. I could get sacks in madden 16 but the problem was I couldn't get consistence pressure on the QB. Its like a all or nothing. Either the line flat out doesn't block at all or the QB gets like a year to pass the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »