Home

Madden 17 needs to bring back QB cone or something for user QBs.

This is a discussion on Madden 17 needs to bring back QB cone or something for user QBs. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2016, 09:39 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden 17 needs to bring back QB cone or something for user QBs.

QB is the most important position in football yet in Madden if user controlled QB doesn't matter much. There is 1% difference in playing a game if I am using Ryan Tannehill or Aaron Rodgers. Maybe one more missed throw a game and that is the honest truth. And Tannehill being more mobile in Madden makes up for a few missed throws.

The jacked up ratings also don't help anything. Almost every QB is rated in the same ball park for accuracy of starting QB's. I look at most the teams in Madden and in real life only a handful are solid at QB where you wouldn't even think about finding or drafting another QB. But the way Madden plays every teams QB except a handful are solid.

Even Cutler makes a good QB in Madden. In real life I would poke my eyes out if I had to watch him play more than 2 games a year.

I been trying to take a team in my CFM that has no QB but some teams with no QB like the Texans are stacked. So if you user a QB your eliminating the one flaw the team has which is the biggest flaw you can have on a team.

So this got me thinking about the old QB cone. I am not saying the QB cone is the solution. If it was a option that could be turned on and off it couldn't hurt though. I would like to think of something better or take something similar to the cone.

There has to be a way to make user QB's matter besides a few missed throws. Awareness has to matter. QB's have to matter as its the by far the most important position in football. It makes or breaks a team.

It would help allot if Madden wouldn't jack up all QB ratings. I mean freaken Tyrod Taylor is siting at 80+ awareness and 80+ accuracy. Carson Palmer is rated like he is a HoF QB. Andy Dalton has never won a playoff game yet he is locked in as a HoF QB with his rock solid ratings. These laughable ratings are not doing this game any favors.

Playing QB is kinda boring as well. The cone can be just like the kicking arc. It can be turn on or off. This is my post to EA to try to get this added to Madden 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Madden 17 needs to bring back QB cone or something for user QBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleRace
QB is the most important position in football yet in Madden if user controlled QB doesn't matter much. There is 1% difference in playing a game if I am using Ryan Tannehill or Aaron Rodgers. Maybe one more missed throw a game and that is the honest truth. And Tannehill being more mobile in Madden makes up for a few missed throws.

The jacked up ratings also don't help anything. Almost every QB is rated in the same ball park for accuracy of starting QB's. I look at most the teams in Madden and in real life only a handful are solid at QB where you wouldn't even think about finding or drafting another QB. But the way Madden plays every teams QB except a handful are solid.

Even Cutler makes a good QB in Madden. In real life I would poke my eyes out if I had to watch him play more than 2 games a year.

I been trying to take a team in my CFM that has no QB but some teams with no QB like the Texans are stacked. So if you user a QB your eliminating the one flaw the team has which is the biggest flaw you can have on a team.

So this got me thinking about the old QB cone. I am not saying the QB cone is the solution. If it was a option that could be turned on and off it couldn't hurt though. I would like to think of something better or take something similar to the cone.

There has to be a way to make user QB's matter besides a few missed throws. Awareness has to matter. QB's have to matter as its the by far the most important position in football. It makes or breaks a team.

It would help allot if Madden wouldn't jack up all QB ratings. I mean freaken Tyrod Taylor is siting at 80+ awareness and 80+ accuracy. Carson Palmer is rated like he is a HoF QB. Andy Dalton has never won a playoff game yet he is locked in as a HoF QB with his rock solid ratings. These laughable ratings are not doing this game any favors.

Playing QB is kinda boring as well. The cone can be just like the kicking arc. It can be turn on or off. This is my post to EA to try to get this added to Madden 17.
You gotta give ea credit this year. There is a noticeable difference between Rodgers and a fairly average starter like Tannehill. It's not like previous years, where you could have anybody in there and there wasn't a huge difference. However, I would like to see some sort of qb vision implemented.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

No cone, por favor.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2016, 10:13 PM   #4
Banned

For people that hate the cone it should be a option to turn on or off in CFM. I am not asking for it to be on in online games and MuT.

Just a option for Sim football CFM'ers.

I think something has to be done for user QB's. Now if someone or EA can come up with something better than the vision cone that would be welcomed. If not the cone is a good option for Madden 17.

Again on/off and not on for online games. I am speaking as a sim CFM player.

I get online play as in my young days I was the #1 Madden player online in 2005. I know this don't belong in online play wouldn't expect it to. Just a option for offline/online CFM. On/off setting in settings like the kicking arc.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:24 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm sorry, but I have different results if Arod is playing vs Tolzien.

I had Arod go down for a 4 week injury and Tolzein came in and passes were over and under thrown and intercepted during that time frame. This was in my SIM onlnine CFM.

If there is a drop off between #1 and #2 QB, there isn't a need for flashlight QB's.

There was so much turmoil and negatively last time it was implemented, there isn't a chance it will come back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 10:32 PM   #6
Banned

Another option would be having the WR button turn a color when the QB is aware of where he is. Say you have four eligible WR's running routes. Could take longer for a lower awareness QB to throw them the ball. Like if the button doesn't light up you can't throw it to that WR because your QB can't see him.

Instead of the cone this becomes a dice rule based on awareness. Where a lower awareness QB takes long to scan the field. Maybe it takes Cutlers 4 seconds to scan the field and see all four Wr's. Maybe someone like Rodgers takes 3 seconds.

That one second is a big deal with a pass rush. Maybe the rush gets to the Qb in two seconds so if your Rodgers you can throw too three of the four WR's. If your Cutler you only see two WR's and your throw options are more limited.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:36 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm sorry, but I have different results if Arod is playing vs Tolzien.

I had Arod go down for a 4 week injury and Tolzein came in and passes were over and under thrown and intercepted during that time frame. This was in my SIM onlnine CFM.

If there is a drop off between #1 and #2 QB, there isn't a need for flashlight QB's.

There was so much turmoil and negatively last time it was implemented, there isn't a chance it will come back.
Tolzein is not a starting QB and does not get any attention in Madden ratings. I can guarantee if Tolzein started for a NFL team next season his rating would be allot higher instantly in Madden 17.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:52 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleRace
Tolzein is not a starting QB and does not get any attention in Madden ratings. I can guarantee if Tolzein started for a NFL team next season his rating would be allot higher instantly in Madden 17.
In your OP, you stated User QB, I usered Tolzien.

You didn't make that clear in the OP and I still disagree.

There is still much difference between Arod and Bortles.

Arod is different than Cutler in Madden. I played a CFM game and Cutler was being Cutler, he threw an int to Burnett in the middle of the field with 49 seconds in the game with a heavy rush.

I'm receiving plenty of QB differentiation in a online franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »