Home

When does EA plan for Madden 17?

This is a discussion on When does EA plan for Madden 17? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
When does EA plan for Madden 17?

I am curious, because I want to know...

When is the right time to to start making wishlists?

When do they make their list of things they want to to work on?

I am curious because it seems like wishlists always seem to be coming out a little too late to be implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 02:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: When does EA plan for Madden 17?

As a project manager, were I working on that project I'd already have the "theme" and big enhancements designed and in the hands of the devs/group of devs that are to work on them for review if not beginning implementation.

Other enhancements would be gathered from forums, user groups, etc to look for a consensus of things that should be addressed, and then analyze their risk to the project, the work involved and how long it all would take.

Then you group bug outstanding bugs you know about, and triage them into groups like: required for release, desired for release, and delayed.

So, if they're on it...the plan in already in place...it's not completely in place, but the big things are already planned out, if not being worked on already.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Madden certainly has a multi-year strategy of features/Epics they want to target for each upcoming release, and then smaller items that are planned on the fly. I'd imagine the core features of each game, for instance, Draft Champions, is planned out before the release of Madden '15, but development might not start on it until shortly after the release of '15.

But then again, there are bugs that have been present in this game since 2008 or 2009 that have gone unaddressed, so it really makes me question the software development cycle at EA.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

althor's Arena

Considering they only have a 1 year turn around they should have started working on 17 atleast 6 months ago. If they don't already have a working idea of what they plan to do, they are in serious trouble.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:17 PM   #5
MVP

Toupal's Arena

So ideally, we should be already working on Madden 18 wishlists?

Because I see mods shutting down Madden 17 wishlists a few weeks after Madden 16's release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 05:59 PM   #6
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
So ideally, we should be already working on Madden 18 wishlists?

Because I see mods shutting down Madden 17 wishlists a few weeks after Madden 16's release.
Doing post titled' wishlist for Madden 18' when Madden 16 would look funny Hahaha, but I understand your point based on what the 9er fan said.

For the Mods on this site, It's more so for control. I'm interested to see the ideas others have for a future Madden, but seeing 5 post the same day. Not so much.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

According to a interview with Rex, planning for Madden 17 started a couple of years ago. This was from his "pillars of gameplay" comment. He said that when he was hired he pitched these pillars. Four (I think it is four) have been done, but he said he could not name the 5th because "that is next year."

They will also have tertiary additions/features/improvements that are added due to player feedback. My rough guess is that the window for these is typically October through May maybe?
Old 09-18-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
MVP

Toupal's Arena

So I guess I am wondering, are we wasting our time with wihslists since they ae planning so far out.

Then again, I'd imagine the complexity of the added feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »