Home

Why do we keep buying this game?

This is a discussion on Why do we keep buying this game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why do we keep buying this game?

I'll start with how I think the game looks and feels amazing. Stadiums and players look real. Player interactions and animations have improved dramatically.

I just want to say how confused I am wIthaca EAST releasing an incomplete game. I don't understand how there can be so many bugs in CCM. Aren't thereally people who are testing and playing the game before it's released? Why do video game companies seem to always wait until their customers start complaining about glitches when they could've been easily fixed months before release.

What I'm most upset about is how much more work they seem to put into game modes that make the company more money after we already fork out $60 for the game itself. I'm specifically talking about MUT. You very rarely hear any glitches or "we don't recommend playing this game mode until the patch comes out. "

While many of you guys won't see where I'm coming from, and think I'm just complaining, I know there are a lot of people out there that have been buying this game since the early 2000s to build a franchise and feel the accomplishment of building anew NFL dynasty.

I will always buy madden because I love football, but it would be a so much more fulfilling if they treated all of our favorite game modes evenly so we can all enjoy this beautiful game even more.

Thanks for listening, hopefully EA wI'll too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: Why do we keep buying this game?

Couple of things...EA spent more time on CFM than MUT this year as stated by Kolbe in his AMA on Reddit. 2, these bugs can be missed, how did it take until the game was released to the whole community when it had already been out for 4 days on EA Access and maybe even a couple of weeks before that when people got it early. I wouldn't know about any of these bugs if I wasn't looking on this site.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Couple of things...EA spent more time on CFM than MUT this year as stated by Kolbe in his AMA on Reddit. 2, these bugs can be missed, how did it take until the game was released to the whole community when it had already been out for 4 days on EA Access and maybe even a couple of weeks before that when people got it early. I wouldn't know about any of these bugs if I wasn't looking on this site.
I'd have to disagree the CFM got more work. The new draft champions is basically just an add on for MUT. The rewards you get for completing it are only for MUT, which ultimately draws people back into that game mode. The biggest difference in CFM is the "combine"

Don't even get me started about the auto generated rookies....
Old 09-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagski6
I'd have to disagree the CFM got more work. The new draft champions is basically just an add on for MUT. The rewards you get for completing it are only for MUT, which ultimately draws people back into that game mode. The biggest difference in CFM is the "combine"

Well, then you feel one of the developers is lying, he's stated it a few times. And he is the developer of CFM.

And this one of the reasons why developers spend less time here.

Plus, these type of threads don't end well.

Last edited by roadman; 09-06-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

You can disagree all you want, it was stated by a developer what got more work, don't believe them? They're used to it, not a big deal. He gains no ground by lying about it.

I think the game is worth $60, the technology and work that goes into these new gen titles would not be worth the effort for a smaller price tag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 01:17 PM   #6
MVP

Why i got it because i loved the demo and i love the full game....people buy the game for different reasons...I think you think we all buy it for the same reason.... we have our own reasons could be mut,cfm,online head to head ......blah blah blah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagski6

Kolbe is the creative director of Madden and he has been answering questions when he has a chance here.

But allow me to curb how you think of this project, there are games with 3 year development cycles that come out with a ton of bugs and don't get patched for three months (Fallout 3). Madden has about an 8 month development cycle, a hard deadline, and based on what I assume they could use a little more budget in development, and a little less in marketing. So suffice it to say bugs are going to happen.

I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money, but honestly another thread like this isn't needed as Reddit and OS are flooded with topics that everybody who has a vested interest in the game already knows about.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #8
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pressions.html

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »