Home

This is a problem. Video showing about 8 guys in man coverage on Calvin

This is a discussion on This is a problem. Video showing about 8 guys in man coverage on Calvin within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #1
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

OVR: 0
This is a problem. Video showing about 8 guys in man coverage on Calvin

Come on how is this okay? I know some of you are defending this aggressive catching in Madden 16, and I am liking this game for the most part but this is kind of ridiculous
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: This is a problem. Video showing about 8 guys in man coverage on Calvin

Ummm yea there were a ton of guys in the area of the ball but only one guy made a play on the ball and he is lowly rated because he is on the Jags and they don't have any memorable DBs. Also you chose to play the ball instead of trying to play the WR. Also question what difficulty is the person playing on Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, or All-Madden? Because it looks like Rookie to me.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #3
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Ummm yea there were a ton of guys in the area of the ball but only one guy made a play on the ball and he is lowly rated because he is on the Jags and they don't have any memorable DBs. Also you chose to play the ball instead of trying to play the WR. Also question what difficulty is the person playing on Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, or All-Madden? Because it looks like Rookie to me.
LOL you are joking right? If there are 7 guys manned up on someone in real life, they are not making that catch but maybe once every 30 times. If you look at that video and think there is nothing wrong with the aggressive catching you are part of the problem.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
MVP

Number999's Arena

I don't know how anyone can justify the aggressive catch as is right now... I LOVE the new catching mechanics and am really enjoying this new Madden (I'll enjoy it much more once Connected Franchise gets fixed), but to not see how many Hail Mary's now get completed and not see it as an issue is mind-boggling. I don't mind 1 v 1's where the receiver wins since it's 50/50... but I can count 15+ times where the CPU had converted on last-second hail mary's and about 5 of them where I've lost.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #5
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Maybe play a safety over the top and try a jam at the line so Calvin Johnson doesn't get a free release and simply outrun everyone?

This is completely silly and not very good football strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #6
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_Hokies

Come on how is this okay? I know some of you are defending this aggressive catching in Madden 16, and I am liking this game for the most part but this is kind of ridiculous
Yea sure line a CB up on the opposite side of the field to his 'man coverage ' guy etc and expect him to influence anything. What's ridiculous?
Old 08-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

The most important thing here is what difficulty is the guy playing on? Because I could show multiple times where I have used Megatron (with passes coming from Elway one of the best Qb's in the game) and not made an aggressive catch. And I was only in double coverage. Also if it's on rookie I'm not at all surprised that this catch was made.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:50 PM   #8
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_Hokies

I haven't stopped laughing yet. This is gold. That being said, limitations in the two man interactions prevent this game from making additional coverage useful. Best you can do is is put a saftey up top and a corner in man coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »