Home

Madden 16 - Player Development (unrealistically hard this year?)

This is a discussion on Madden 16 - Player Development (unrealistically hard this year?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2015, 05:53 PM   #9
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 16 - Player Development (unrealistically hard this year?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow

1 - Players who have below average seasons don't regress while they're young. This allowed Madden players to focus on one player for a year, build him up, and then move on to the next guy. This is how super teams are created. Using Madden 15 as an example, I could take Donte Moncrief in year one, spend all season forcing balls to him, get him 150 catches, 2500 yards, 25 Touchdowns (breaking all the records), and he'd be a 90+ Overall by the end of it. Then, I could draft a new receiver, force HIM all the balls and stats, and turn him into a 90+ Overall. Moncrief may have only gotten 20 catches all year while I focused on the new rookie, but because he is so young, his traits don't get recalibrated much, if any. Single-season splurges in OVR aren't the problem. The problem is it needs to work both ways. Ray Rice was a 90+ OVR one year. Then he came out and ran for 3 yards a carry and boom - his OVR got depleted.
I should state that I don't play in online leagues, so I could see it being an issue with other owners stat-chasing and creating monster teams. I have my own house rules preventing that kind of thing from happening.

Which leads me to my biggest compliant with CFM as it's constructed - One's need to stat chase in order to maximize your progression. I hate that I feel compelled to force certain players throws/rushes/catches in order to get a decent amount of progression. I wish there was the option to go back to old days of player potential.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:03 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

So did you jump the gun here you sim every other game you dont know if you hit you goals and on top of that your player was an avg learner

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #11
Rookie

Syncmastr's Arena

I have to agree that they went from one extreme to the other. Season goals, awards, and game prep have all cut down the XP you earn by around 90%.

To be fair, I have not had time to test how much XP you get for playing games. Just not enough time/too small of a sample with EA access.

Also, it doesn't look like they changed normal regression much, and you can't change one thing and not touch the other. I'm not talking about old players losing speed here, or the glitch topic I started. I'm talking about regression that hits any player who doesn't see the field or misses his season goals. It can take you years to get those stats back now, if it's even possible.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 08:18 PM   #12
Where is A-Aron

bspring3's Arena

OVR: 6

A few things on this topic that I have noticed in my time with the game.

The OP is correct in stating that it is much harder to get xp and raise players attributes. The highest xp amount for the highest season goal that I saw was 1,600…not very high. Also, you have 60 game prep hours and it costs 10 hours to raise one player roughly 50 xp…so you basically have 300 xp each week to dole out…again not very high.

One other thing however, is you get much more xp by playing games than simming it seems. I think this has to do with drive goals and getting xp for doing these. This is still not a very high number however.

One big XP source last year was pro bowl and awards, I am not sure if this has been toned down because when i simmed a whole season, none of my players got either.

My biggest complaint still is the fact that EA has it backwards when it comes to development in Madden. Right now they have it that good stats/performance leads to a ratings increase via xp…thats not how it should be IMO. Ratings going up by game prep/practice should lead to better performance/stats. Other games do this very well and I would like that to be instituted in Madden.

PS: in regards to being Unrealistically hard, i am not sure yet as we will see what my online league looks like after the first season. I do know it is harder than before tho.

Last edited by bspring3; 08-24-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

This is encouraging news to me. I've felt since Madden went to XP that progressing players was so easy that it almost ruined the franchise mode experience.

I don't want to be able to make any player a star just by spamming XP. I want to have to be able to draft well and develop players a bit, but you could basically make any player with the physical tools to compete a completely dominant player through a grossly exaggerated XP system.

I also like that players regress in-season. They certainly degrade over time in real life as the season wears on. Nobody is as strong in week 12 as they are in week 1, or as fast. MLBTS has in-season regression coupled with a performance based progression system that is very mild, and I really like that system. I'd love it if Madden went further in this direction.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #14
Rookie

Syncmastr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
One big XP source last year was pro bowl and awards, I am not sure if this has been toned down because when i simmed a whole season, none of my players got either.
You can check this anytime during the regular season, under season goals. It will tell you what you get for every award, making the probowl, etc.

It has been reduced just as extreme as everything else.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #15
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
A few things on this topic that I have noticed in my time with the game.

The OP is correct in stating that it is much harder to get xp and raise players attributes. The highest xp amount for the highest season goal that I saw was 1,600…not very high. Also, you have 60 game prep hours and it costs 10 hours to raise one player roughly 50 xp…so you basically have 300 xp each week to dole out…again not very high.

One other thing however, is you get much more xp by playing games than simming it seems. I think this has to do with drive goals and getting xp for doing these. This is still not a very high number however.

My biggest complaint still is the fact that EA has it backwards when it comes to development in Madden. Right now they have it that good stats/performance leads to a ratings increase via xp…thats not how it should be IMO. Ratings going up by game prep/practice should lead to better performance/stats. Other games do this very well and I would like that to be instituted in Madden.

PS: in regards to being Unrealistically hard, i am not sure yet as we will see what my online league looks like after the first season. I do know it is harder than before tho.
Totally agree with you on performance and progression. Players don't become better players because they caught 90 balls the year before, or passed for 35 touchdowns; they became better players by studying and practicing until they became better players - which generally leads to better production.

It's backwards, and I know that Tiburon understands this. The reason that this idea persists is because they believe RPG elements lead to more personal investment in the mode. People love the idea of building players up by in game performance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #16
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

I think it's too early to tell if the XP was toned down to much but I still feel encouraged by it. Last year, my buddies and I could easily have teams that were rated in the mid to high 90's it was just way too easy to have teams like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »