Home

Question - why do people want to know ratings?

This is a discussion on Question - why do people want to know ratings? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2015, 07:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Question - why do people want to know ratings?

I have a sincere question. I see lots of folks asking those who have the game if they can tell them what a specific player's rating is. I see it all the time when someone gets the game early...the questions start almost immediately.

Why is this? Is it a criteria people use to decide whether to buy the game or not? I mean, if your favorite player is rated an 88 and you think he should be a 92, does that prevent you from buying the game?

I am not trying to be combative, I am just curious as to why there is so much interest and focus on what specific overall rating might be for a player.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #2
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question - why do people want to know ratings?

Sorry if I offend you or step on your toes but shouldn't it be common sense to you why people want to know ratings..? Some people want to know what teams or players to use based on ratings that suits their style, sim heads want to see if a player is rated realistically, while cheesers use ratings to exploit and gain competitive advantage. Others might use ratings for franchise purposes like who to trade, re-sign, draft or go after in free agency. There are many reasons why people want to know ratings. Some want to know it just to know it...

And it's not just the Madden community for example in Call of Duty people want to know which guns are good to use close range, long range for a particular map or game mode, ect.... or what perks are good to use that suits your play style...In RPG people want to know what sword should they use or what armor should they wear, ect...In GTA people what to know attributes of weapons and cars. Which car has speed, which car is fully armored and should they use a fully armored car or a fast car for a specific mission...?

All I am saying is it's not just the Madden community bro. People want to know attributes and ratings for every game.

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 08-12-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

I think they should replace ratings with letter grades.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:33 AM   #4
Rookie

I want to know, because we have a league...and I'd like to start being able to plan my upgrades/trades I'll want to make.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:42 AM   #5
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I have a sincere question. I see lots of folks asking those who have the game if they can tell them what a specific player's rating is. I see it all the time when someone gets the game early...the questions start almost immediately.

Why is this? Is it a criteria people use to decide whether to buy the game or not? I mean, if your favorite player is rated an 88 and you think he should be a 92, does that prevent you from buying the game?

I am not trying to be combative, I am just curious as to why there is so much interest and focus on what specific overall rating might be for a player.

C
Ratings matter for online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #6
Banned

As I mentioned, I did not want to be combative. If it was common sense to me I never would have posted the question.

Thanks for those who gave legit answers.

C
Old 08-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I want to know because I've never seen a system in any game that would let me comfortably play without them.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I want to know because I've never seen a system in any game that would let me comfortably play without them.
Can you expand on what you mean by that? I am not sure I follow...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »