Home

What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madden?

This is a discussion on What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madden?

In today's world of sports video games, it is all about competition and keeping up with the Jones'. We have seen game series come and go, and with those games we seems some features that we would like to see get carried over to some other sporting games.

NBA has 2k vs NBA Live-
MLB has 2k vs The Show
- Used to have MVP Baseball

NBA 2k-
MyLeague Mode
Career Mode
Great flow with the commentary
Custom/ Editable Draft Classes

MLB The Show
Dynamic crowds/stadium
Ability to play any game in franchise mode, whether they are user controlled or not
Score/Stat tracker while playing
Milestone marker

And then there is football...
Just EA- used to have 2k, Blitz, ESPN football, and NFL Game Day, Even NCAA football

Now just the other day I decided to play Madden 2005 to give me some feeling of nostalgia, when I realized how much more in depth this game was with a lot of its' features.

Such as:
Mini Camp- Basically preseason where you could do events like throwing balls through rings to receivers, or clutch kicking to improve players attributes

Classic Teams- I was able to play with the 1985 Bears against the 1972 Dolphins, enough said.

The Tony Bruno Show- Even if they made this into a weekly wrap up show, that'd be great

Owner Mode- You had COMPLETE control over your team

On top of some old feature that Madden should re-implement, I find myself playing other sports games and thinking, "Why isn't this in Madden?!"

Football is by far my favorite sport, but I feel like the game is not pushing itself like other sports games are with competition.

So my questions is, What feature from any other game would you like to see implemented into Madden?

Last edited by Toupal; 06-21-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madde

I would personally rather for Madden NFL to push forward in its own direction than to retread old ground exactly as it was covered in other games just for the sake of doing so.

For example, the idea of the old Tony Bruno radio show in the menus is a good one in theory. If you go back and actually listen to the Tony Bruno radio show as it previously executed in older Madden NFL games, it was pretty vapid and repetitive. I don't particularly miss that and don't want it back as it previously existed.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madde

Authentic, realistic, fluid, varied, animations........

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #4
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I would personally rather for Madden NFL to push forward in its own direction than to retread old ground exactly as it was covered in other games just for the sake of doing so.

For example, the idea of the old Tony Bruno radio show in the menus is a good one in theory. If you go back and actually listen to the Tony Bruno radio show as it previously executed in older Madden NFL games, it was pretty vapid and repetitive. I don't particularly miss that and don't want it back as it previously existed.

Obviously they need to push forward, but looking back IMO is exactly what they need to do....to realize how far behind the curve they actually are.

I mean, I get where you are coming from, but some of the stuff that was previously in the game had no business being taken out in the first place.

And there are older games that still do presentation, physics, animations, career mode, etc....much better than Madden currently does to this day.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
Banned

Great thread.

- Custom soundtracks & Stadium sounds - NFL 2K5, NCAA series

- Custom user-defined cameras - NFL 2K3, NFL 2K4, APF 2K8, a handful of other sports games.

- A consistent passing pocket - 2K Football series

- Better, more impactful lighting - Madden 07 (There is day and afternoon lighting in this game that just went to the next level, and it's progressive)

- A full broadcast studio-quality playcall screen that keeps an unobstructed eye on the action while giving you master control of various functions, instant replays WITHOUT having to pause the game, statistical data with photo stat cards for individual players (see Madden 09) and team movement - Madden 09, NFL 2K4, NFL 2K5

- More weather options - NFL 2K4, NFL 2K5, Madden 07, Madden 08, Madden 09, Madden 10, NCAA 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
Great thread.

- Custom soundtracks & Stadium sounds - NFL 2K5, NCAA series
Do you mean something where you can take your own music and put in the game? Like for whenever the Pats score a touchdown you hear musket shots. Or in NHL you would have authentic goal horns not already on the disc.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:18 PM   #7
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Do you mean something where you can take your own music and put in the game? Like for whenever the Pats score a touchdown you hear musket shots. Or in NHL you would have authentic goal horns not already on the disc.
I forgot about that! That was an incredible feature, and yet simple feature.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #8
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

See... the problem with the OP is that when the ambulance came onto the field it would run over about 5-10 players just to save the guy who sprained his ankle. Other than that, I agree lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »