Home

The 10 Rookies That Will Change Madden 16

This is a discussion on The 10 Rookies That Will Change Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #17
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The 10 Rookies That Will Change Madden 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
You can't say madden is the best looking game but its not horrible. Ya NBA 2k looks amazing but they only have 10 people on the court at one time. That's not even enough to field a team in football. Is there room for improvement oh yes but it's far from what you say.
Um no when you compare Madden to ANY other long tenured triple A title, sports game or not...it is lagging way behind the standard in terms of graphical improvement...Assassins creed, Battlefield, 2K...etc at the end of the day Madden needs a new engine because it is graphically outdated and that is not really up for debate...and To your argument 2K is actuallY HARDER to render than Madden because it has more detailed stadiums, detailed tattoos, less cutscenes, moving jersey's, sweat, facial expressions, coaches, and all the players on the bench are rendered at all times...so 2K was a bad game to compare it to.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:04 PM   #18
Banned

I don't understand why the article was titled as such, when it is obvious the title isn't applicable to reality.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:17 PM   #19
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I disagree.

Mariota, Yes, Kevin White yes. But in terms of Madden... the players that will change the game are

Mariota
Kevin White
Dorial Green Beckham
Sammie Coates
Trey Waynes
Breshad Perriman
Duke Johnson
Phillips Dorsett
Leonard Williams
Dante Fowler
Old 03-29-2015, 04:40 AM   #20
Rookie

Wow can't wait to use the 2015 Jags in the next madden! Hopefully Leonard Williams Slips to them.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 6

Brett Hundley????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #22
Rookie

I think the offensive lineman are really underrepresented here. Depending on how you view various lineman, there are three college LTs who are capable of being plug-and-play at multiple spots (Peat, Scherff, Collins) and several Ts and Gs in rounds 2 and 3 who could be significant next year.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #23
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
You can't say madden is the best looking game but its not horrible. Ya NBA 2k looks amazing but they only have 10 people on the court at one time. That's not even enough to field a team in football. Is there room for improvement oh yes but it's far from what you say.

I drives me nuts when I see this excuse. Not just talking 2K, but just basketball games in general:

1. A basketball game has closer gameplay cameras. So their models have to render higher details than football. Can you see actual faces on the football players during gameplay?

2. Basketball games have to render higher detailed secondary character models like coaches, bench players, and officials. Not to mention -

3. Basketball games have to always render more detailed crowds during gameplay.

4. More stadium detail including scorers' tables, chairs, and especially the goals.

So before downplaying a basketball game graphics in comparison to football, consider the FULL scene. Not just the players.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 03-31-2015 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I disagree.

Mariota, Yes, Kevin White yes. But in terms of Madden... the players that will change the game are

Mariota
Kevin White
Dorial Green Beckham
Sammie Coates
Trey Waynes
Breshad Perriman
Duke Johnson
Phillips Dorsett
Leonard Williams
Dante Fowler
These guys are not going to change Madden. Also I wouldn't have any defender on the list unless you can get them completely free on the pass rush. As for the offensive players they won't change Madden they will actually continue to contribute to the way the game plays. Just taking Coates, Perriman and Mariota as an example. If these three get on the same team, someone will probably put up 50 points easy. Scramble left with Mariota, Send Coates on a streak down the right sideline. Watch your defense all drift toward Mariota and leave Coates wide open for the TD. That's against zone. But against man the CB is gonna get raped by the speed, which would be realistic for the most part.

In other words, OL vs DL still needs a lot of work. There is too much there that is a mess. In order to prevent that now you have A gap nanos from DL or you have the .5 second block shed to try to stop someone from scrambling. Or nobody gets any pressure whatsoever. The trenches are still a mess IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »