Home

DB Assignment Help!

This is a discussion on DB Assignment Help! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
DB Assignment Help!

when choosing the DB assignment for inside or outside...which is which?? when selecting inside for ex..does it mean your DB plays the inside of the WR or is he forcing the WR to the inside? same for over and under coverage. is this feature broken because im not noticing a difference...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #2
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DB Assignment Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
when choosing the DB assignment for inside or outside...which is which?? when selecting inside for ex..does it mean your DB plays the inside of the WR or is he forcing the WR to the inside? same for over and under coverage. is this feature broken because im not noticing a difference...
Excellent question. I made an assumption about it and never thought to ask. I have not had a lot of success with it so rather than give you my guess, I am going to wait and see if someone really knows...
Old 03-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Given that the other assignments involve your guy, I think it's the DB position not the WR position.

I also think it only works on zone, but I'm not 100% on that.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Inside and outside refer to shading techniques. If the DB shades inside he will try to cover off of the inside hip of the WR while outside will do the opposite. Over the top and underneath also simply change how the DBs play their assignment. I'm not sure if you can stack them but something like 2 man under starts with a inside shade while playing underneath.

For the most part these are only truly effective with man coverage though with the addition of global inside/outside calls from the secondary it may be different in Madden 15.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

The secondary coverage assignment/adjustment while not greatly noticeable, does help. It is mainly for Man coverage, but I do use it some w Zone. Especially inside the Redzone, I'll I'll use the "underneath" adjustment trying to keep my defenders from dropping too much in their zones, staying tight to the Line of Scrimmage to break underneath crossing routes/ slants.
It is also helpful when you get someone who constantly runs corner routes with their TE's or slot WR's. Shade your coverage outside to try and stop them from beating you to the sideline. I like to use a combo, I'll used the global "underneath" coverage assignment, and then do an individual defender adjustment and have the guy on the TE/Slot play Outside leverage, in hopes that he will dive underneath and outside goin for the interception. You can also Use the global "Outside" adjustment, and then individually adjust the Outside Cornerback to play inside, taking away the the slant from the flanker. This works well against the "Spot" and "Smash" passing concepts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 07:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

great guys! thanks! I was away on vaca and came back to some useful info them coming!!
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 12-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

It may work in head to heads but I when I try to use them when playing the CPU they do not work at all, at least for me they don't. I'm speaking of the inside/outside shade btw. Frequently I will call the global inside shade when I'm coming with a man blitz and my DB''s don't even attempt to gain inside leverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »