Home

How to Make Madden Play More Realistic Defense

This is a discussion on How to Make Madden Play More Realistic Defense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-20-2014, 11:02 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sadly this is a pointless topic. For one, the game has ZERO fundamentals at play. They first need to get rid of the rubberband A.I. Implement proper techniques both in lineplay and secondary play. The physics engine is a mess beyond messes. Tackling is comical when more than two players are involved. No penalty system to speak of. This game would have to be rebuilt from the ground up to even marginally showcase realistic defense. Fix the core game first then come back with this list. As it stands, the game is an absolute travesty when it comes to REAL football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 01:24 AM   #26
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How to Make Madden Play More Realistic Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Nice list, but BEFORE most of that (or any of these other fine suggestions) can be used, the folks at EA need to give us some time to actually implement the in-game stuff BEFORE the CPU snaps the ball...

Seriously, other than a quick DL or LB adjustment, there's not enough time to even TRY to use what they already have...

First things first, anyone?

Yeah there should be ways to preset your d-line stunts, shade inside/out, spotlight a certain receiver, whether to play qb/rb for options, press individual receivers, keep certain matchups the entire time, have an option for us to either base align or show man, etc.

I have became good at doing all of this pre-snap, but it should definitely have a points of emphasis option or something to help you. For instance I like to shade inside on zones or man and use my safety to guard over the top or the corners and use base align. I also like to manually press with usually one of my corners...and that is it plus I love playing the sticks on 3rd down.

Not to mention for man coverage I usually put my linebackers into a zone and my dime/nickel backs as into purples. You just don't have time to do all of this.

Pre-snap adjustments should be used to read the offense and make last second changes based on what you see and predict. This shouldn't be where you implement your scheme or gameplan....every single time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »